• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Need computer help

30 posts in this topic

I have a Levono T61 that just went nuts. The computer stopped and once I restarted the scren is scrambled with a bunch of multi colored dots, after it has a split screen that is still messed up but you can make out the microsoft start up bar. I tried hitting the thinkpad button upon restart and nothing. If it helps its running vista. Anyone know of any fixes?

It may well be RAM related, since you are sharing ram with video. First thing I would try is just removing and re-seating the RAM chip(s).

I had a similar problem with my Asus Netbook. Reseating the ram cured it and it has been fine again for about 8 months.

It may well be RAM related, since you are sharing ram with video. First thing I would try is just removing and re-seating the RAM chip(s).

I had a similar problem with my Asus Netbook. Reseating the ram cured it and it has been fine again for about 8 months.

Just finished doing this and still no change

I would hate to buy a new laptop :P

Just finished doing this and still no change

I would hate to buy a new laptop :P

Is your hard drive spinning? If your hard drive is spinning and you hear the windows startup sound, then it may be your video connection or the screen itself. Do you at any time see the boot screen? It would have the self checks on startup and maybe the manufacturer logo.

Its a monitor issue, it could be the cable that attaches to the motherboard, or it needs a new LCD monitor.

Try smacking the side of it, or on the back, but not to hard.

Also try flexing the LCD screen slightly.

We have been seeing this a lot at work with the Lenovo's, see if you can google a recall, or known issues.

I have a Levono T61 that just went nuts. The computer stopped and once I restarted the scren is scrambled with a bunch of multi colored dots, after it has a split screen that is still messed up but you can make out the microsoft start up bar. I tried hitting the thinkpad button upon restart and nothing. If it helps its running vista. Anyone know of any fixes?

Have you tried here????

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/diagnose-and-fix/default.page?

Could be the hard drive going bad, since you say it locks up.

One thing you can try. If you have a Windows install disk (doesn't really matter what version), see if you can boot up to the cd. You don't have to do the install, just get to the install page. That will tell you if the video connection is good. If that shows as good, it is a good possibility there is an issue with the hard drive.

Have you tried here????

Yeah sadly I tried that to no avail.

Have you tried here????

Yeah sadly I tried that to no avail.

:o:sorry: