• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2011 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up

618 posts in this topic

Well landed the first group of items for my person. Um how much was I suppose to spend again? With shipping already at $57 and have a few other auctions I am winning ending in 24 hours hopefully for my person.

:makepoint:

I think the minimum is about $20 but most of us spend more. It isn't about

the cost but you want to send something that they will appreciate. You can

also get creative, seems to me someone got a snuggie a few years ago and

I thought that was really cool.

I would hope people also consider that this is a Christmas gift and would

send comics in new bags and boards and hopefully wrap the gift in Christmas

paper.

I should have asked for a snuggie. :)

I always enjoyed getting christmas gifts wrapped in the sunday comics from the local newspaper growing up. My grandfather refused to use any other sort of wrapping paper.

Don't anyone open their gift until Christmas. (tsk)

Oh bullpucky!

Or is that a rule? :(

yeah, I believe that's a rule.....uninforcable, mind you, but recommended.

You may open early if you celebrate other celebratory holidays that happen to fall before Christmas, eg. Hannukah.

Oh bullpucky!

You may open early if you celebrate other celebratory holidays that happen to fall before Christmas, eg. Hannukah.

I work with a Jewish guy, so in his honor.... :devil:

Oh bullpucky!

I work with a Jewish guy, so in his honor.... :devil:

lol

an if you do.....you will DIE !! :grin::grin:

(thought maybe I should add some smilies to that post).

I'm having a hard time with mine... missed out on what seemed to be a perfect gift for who I got, so I've had to start my search over. Problem is, I have no knowledge of the stuff they are interested in so I'm having to do plenty of homework. Deals on the stuff they collect seem to be quite few and far between. (shrug)

Mine is/was tough too. I just got their gift. I hope it's a good one.

There are some people that, based on what they collect, are extremely difficult to buy for.

One suggestion I'd like to make, moving forward, is that people get a little more specific in their requests.

Don't just list: "Silver Age Comics" or "Pre Code Horror" or "Marvel Masterworks", etc....

SA Comics covers alot of stuff. Same with Pre Code or GA books. List the titles you are working on or are interested in.

What if I buy you a mid-grade FF and you've already got it, or you only collect HG books? Or don't collect FF at all? What if I buy you some Spidey Masterworks, but you've already got them (and you really wanted the Xmen Masterworks)?

There are some people that, based on what they collect, are extremely difficult to buy for.

One suggestion I'd like to make, moving forward, is that people get a little more specific in their requests.

Don't just list: "Silver Age Comics" or "Pre Code Horror" or "Marvel Masterworks", etc....

SA Comics covers alot of stuff. Same with Pre Code or GA books. List the titles you are working on or are interested in.

What if I buy you a mid-grade FF and you've already got it, or you only collect HG books? Or don't collect FF at all? What if I buy you some Spidey Masterworks, but you've already got them (and you really wanted the Xmen Masterworks)?

You weren't that specific when you lucked out with me a few years ago.

Oh bullpucky!

I believe nothing you say in this persona. The Holiday Ham is the final authority.

You weren't that specific when you lucked out with me a few years ago.

:slapfight:

But, I agree. I got a pretty general one, and had no idea how to address it. I lost the first auction for my gift in the last minute, then I thought I'd found a pretty decent replacement gift, but I just got a message from the seller (on eBay) saying basically "I'm sorry but I already sold that item you bid on and already paid for." Funny how now, two days later, that his other similar items have more than doubled in price... wondering if he's just now realizing the value of what he had listed.