• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2011 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up

618 posts in this topic

What a cool idea! I am so gonna join up next year.

You still have time to join up for this year's fun. :gossip:

I haven't been a member long enough according to the rules.

Dbrewer75, if you're reading this, please send me that filled out information from the first post in this thread. We'll get you in this contest, even if we have to "bend" the rules a little bit. (thumbs u

That limit on who can join in goes back quite a few years. We had a problem with a couple of veterans who really liked each other. They "wanted" each other and would do anything to be able to exchange gifts with each other. Then a noobie joined the contest and through the randomness of drawing names, they didn't get each other, they each got their own noobie. Needless to say, they were shocked, saddened, and then angered. They funneled the negative energy towards all noobies in general and applied much pressure to the organizers of this fun event. They insisted that noobies not be allowed to participate, as it was a noobie who got in the way of their much-desired gift exchange. Since the year following, they still haven't paired up with each other, as is the chance of random drawings. They no longer participate and no longer blame the noobs, but as an oversight, that rule had remained in place. Perhaps in the future, it'll be known as the rule that Dbrewer75 broke. :wink:

Looking forward to finding out who I am shopping for and what their interests are...

christmascard-2009-lores-1.jpg

That's really cool. Is it an actual card?

Ben Grimm is Jewish? ???

Ben Grimm is Jewish? ???

I guess so,lol...From wiki...

Born on Yancy Street in New York City's Lower East Side, to a Jewish family, Benjamin Jacob Grimm had an early life that was one of poverty and hardship, shaping young Grimm into a tough, streetwise scrapper.

Ben Grimm is Jewish? ???

Born on Yancy Street in New York City's Lower East Side, to a Jewish family, Benjamin Jacob Grimm had an early life that was one of poverty and hardship, shaping young Grimm into a tough, streetwise scrapper.

Ahh. Must be from past the BA since no mention ever of any of the FFs religon was in the SA or BA. Even the wedding of Sue and Reed was sort of non-denominational.

Ben Grimm is Jewish? ???

Ahh. Must be from past the BA since no mention ever of any of the FFs religon was in the SA or BA. Even the wedding of Sue and Reed was sort of non-denominational.

He used to go by Moishe Grimmstein but changed it soon after entering pilot school.