• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Jobs passes away.

259 posts in this topic

See, this and the child labor use are the reasons I can't understand why Apple is even still in business. Anytime anyone else uses these types of manufacturing processes they are raked over the coals. Kathy Lee anyone?

I know I've been a pain in the butt in this thread. Purposefully. The snotty, entitlement culture that has grown around Apple seriously has blinders on. Death to the fossil fuel burners while we ignore worker suicides and child labor.

There's only one word that fits perfectly. Hypocrisy.

See, this and the child labor use are the reasons I can't understand why Apple is even still in business. Anytime anyone else uses these types of manufacturing processes they are raked over the coals. Kathy Lee anyone?

I know I've been a pain in the butt in this thread. Purposefully. The snotty, entitlement culture that has grown around Apple seriously has blinders on. Death to the fossil fuel burners while we ignore worker suicides and child labor.

There's only one word that fits perfectly. Hypocrisy.

:golfclap:

See, this and the child labor use are the reasons I can't understand why Apple is even still in business. Anytime anyone else uses these types of manufacturing processes they are raked over the coals.

Because Apple has created some of the greatest products the modern world has known and Steve Jobs is the most important inventor since Edison. And perhaps even more important.

See, this and the child labor use are the reasons I can't understand why Apple is even still in business. Anytime anyone else uses these types of manufacturing processes they are raked over the coals.

Because Apple has created some of the greatest products the modern world has known and Steve Jobs is the most important inventor since Edison. And perhaps even more important.

doh!

Thank you for proving my point in record time.

doh!

i sure hope you don't support nike, gap, old navy, and banana republic then.

doh!

Nope, but he has an iPhone.

lol

doh!

Haha you are so easy, you make Paris Hilton look like a calculus problem. You've been in this thread too long - you can't discern sarcasm any longer.

doh!

Nope, but he has an iPhone.

lol

and he doesn't see the irony of this? doh!:screwy:

doh!

You're misunderstand. I could give a mess what the manufacturing process is. I just believe that the rabid fanboy supporters of Apple who believe themselves to be high and mighty and are against unfriendly environmental processes are hypocrites.

They believe themselves to be free-thinkers when in reality they only believe what they are told and ignore the rest. There's a reason why so many STFU Apple images were once created. Because the Apple fans can't.

I mean serious, you have people comparing Jobs to DaVinci and Einstein. The non-fanboy will have forgotten about him next week.

Respectfully,

Don

(posted from my iPad)

[quote=Buffyfan

I mean serious, you have people comparing Jobs to DaVinci and Einstein. The non-fanboy will have forgotten about him next week.

Respectfully,

Don

(posted from my iPad)

Your reading comprehension blows. The mention you refer to was of DaVinci and Edison and was made by me, when I posted that as an inventor nobody in the thread was comparing him to the likes of DaVinci and Edison.

Additionally, the thread isn't about Apple, it's about Steve Jobs. Rail persuasively against the business practices of Apple all you want, and lay some responsibility for them fairly on Jobs, but it won't change that Jobs annual salary at the company since the late '90s was $1. Nor will it change that he made his billions from Pixar, and not Apple. Finally, it won't change that his legacy will include the co-development of the first mass-produced personal computer.

You're misunderstand. I could give a mess what the manufacturing process is. I just believe that the rabid fanboy supporters of Apple who believe themselves to be high and mighty and are against unfriendly environmental processes are hypocrites.

They believe themselves to be free-thinkers when in reality they only believe what they are told and ignore the rest. There's a reason why so many STFU Apple images were once created. Because the Apple fans can't.

Respectfully,

Don

(posted from my iPad)

i'm a PC/blackberry dude, i can't stand apple/mac, but your lack of compassion or understanding is on the douchiest of douchey level. just sayin'

He will be missed. He was definitely the Thomas Edison' of my generation, and in my opinion, his contributions to both the computer industry and business itself; are much greater than any other mind of this century or the last...

Didn't invent anything? Sure he lots of people working beneath him to solder the boards, design circuits and put things in plastic boxes... but in 500 years, people are going to speak of Steve Jobs in the breath as Da Vinci, Edison and Ford. In my view, Jobs is at the front of that line.

No one huh?

[quote=Buffyfan

Respectfully,

Don

(posted from my iPad)

Your reading comprehension blows. The mention you refer to was of DaVinci and Edison and was made by me, when I posted that as an inventor nobody in the thread was comparing him to the likes of DaVinci and Edison.

Additionally, the thread isn't about Apple, it's about Steve Jobs. Rail persuasively against the business practices of Apple all you want, and lay some responsibility for them fairly on Jobs, but it won't change that Jobs annual salary at the company since the late '90s was $1. Nor will it change that he made his billions from Pixar, and not Apple. Finally, it won't change that his legacy will include the co-development of the first mass-produced personal computer.

I suggest you eat these words and assure you that my memory and reading comprehension are at an unrealistically super-human level. I consider it a curse honestly.

[quote=Buffyfan

Respectfully,

Don

(posted from my iPad)

I suggest you eat these words and assure you that my memory and reading comprehension are at an unrealistically super-human level. I consider it a curse honestly.

Where's that reference to Einstein that you 'remembered'? Or your 'memory' for his co-inventorship on over 300 patents after you challenged the boards to show he was an inventor?

And where's your capacity to distinguish between admiration for Jobs' life and accomplishments and what you call 'fanboy' adulation of Apple?

Your 'display' here is out of line and disrespectful.

doh!

Respectfully,

Don

(posted from my iPad)

Aren't you supporting the evil empire by having an Iphone and Ipad? hm

doh!

Respectfully,

Don

(posted from my iPad)

Aren't you supporting the evil empire by having an Iphone and Ipad? hm

Yes. But I'm not a hypocrite about it.

I lived a few blocks from Steve Jobs' modest home in Palo Alto for over 10 years and would walk by it every other day. I saw him taking the 25 minute walk to the Downtown area several times on Sunday mornings, always without security, just talking with another person. I remember thinking how wonderful it was that the locals respected his privacy and gave him the space to walk freely on the street, go to the restaurants he liked, and stop by the Apple Store Downtown and chat with the employees afterward.

Mr. Jobs was also my boss at Pixar. I never met anyone who could motivate and manage talented people like him. He had an authority about him like no other person I've ever met, but that was necessary to manage all the superstar engineers with enormous egos and reversely proportional social skills. I think that gift had a lot to do with his success.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs.