• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Jobs passes away.

259 posts in this topic

All I'm saying is why does this discussion have to be in a thread about his passing? If one wants to degrade his legacy, do it in an other thread.

Where do you expect it to be? In the "Look at the funny pictures of my dog" thread?

Jobs is a genius hands down. He will be remembered with the best of them.

Who invented the television?

Something tells me that no one here could answer that without looking it up. Seems like a pretty amazing invention huh?

I happen to know it's Philo Farnsworth. Why do I know that? Because I'm a genius. :acclaim:

Wrong it was Ralph Sony.

Something tells me that no one here could answer that without looking it up. Seems like a pretty amazing invention huh?

I happen to know it's Philo Farnsworth. Why do I know that? Because I'm a genius. :acclaim:

Wrong it was Ralph Sony.

Who the :censored: is Ralph Sony?

Steve Jobs is on Einsteins level.

Steve Jobs died of a rare pancreatic cancer.... I guess PC did win after all. :baiting:
Cancer jokes. This thread has legs.... which I imagine will be chopped off pretty soon.

Steve Jobs died of a rare pancreatic cancer.... I guess PC did win after all. :baiting:
Cancer jokes. This thread has legs.... which I imagine will be chopped off pretty soon.

IBTL

I'm Becoming quite The Loony?

I will have my points.

You don't really believe this do you?

Here:

cookie.gif

You don't really believe this do you?

Here:

cookie.gif

Stop hating and eat the cookie. Only time will tell.

I'm merely pointing out that Jobs is a False Messiah and I'm entertained by references to Edison, and DaVinci. He didn't cure cancer, he didn't create world peace, he didn't solve the world's starvation problem, and he sure as hell doesn't walk on water.

Edison was a real tool.... theft, extortion, corruption and intimidation were some of his more "human" traits. And let's not forgot how he rigged an "experiment" to electrocute and kill an elephant to try and discredit Tesla's alternate current. I'd have a beer with Steve Jobs any day over good old "Tommy boy"

I'm merely pointing out that Jobs is a False Messiah and I'm entertained by references to Edison, and DaVinci. He didn't cure cancer, he didn't create world peace, he didn't solve the world's starvation problem, and he sure as hell doesn't walk on water.

Edison was a real tool.... theft, extortion, corruption and intimidation were some of his more "human" traits. And let's not forgot how he rigged an "experiment" to electrocute and kill an elephant to try and discredit Tesla's alternate current.

I never claimed he was great either. But at least he actually invented things.

My GAWD - BuffyFan, you are still here!?! You have been hammering on this topic since 9 o'clock this morning.

You need to get yourself a dog and kick it around the yard or something to get your frustrations out.

:screwy:

Edison was a real tool.... theft, extortion, corruption and intimidation were some of his more "human" traits. And let's not forgot how he rigged an "experiment" to electrocute and kill an elephant to try and discredit Tesla's alternate current.

I never claimed he was great either. But at least he actually invented things.

Or did he simply innovate by assembling existing items into new forms?

:tonofbricks:

I actually like Roy's argument that, at a very granular level, everything reverts back to basic machines. No one invents anything.

I like Roy.

I do not like this argument.

I like the expression 'granular level' as used in this sentence.

I do not care for Apple products.

I do not have an opinion on Steve Jobs or Steve Jobs vs Edison vs Tesla.

Everybody loves Tesla. He could horripilate.

Everybody loves Steve Jobs, except for maybe buffyfan.

This is my CG post for this calendar date.