• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet 15 and Jumbo 31

18 posts in this topic

I have collected fiction house books for some time now. Two books that seem elusive are Planet Comics 15 and Jumbo 31. Planet 15 is a Gerber 7 and I have seen about 4 copies before (none in person). Jumbo 31 is a gerber 10 and I have only seen 1.

The direction (I hope) of this thread is not to debate their difficulty level against other Planets or other Jumbos but for anyone on this board who owns one to show them here and discuss the two books.

Are the interior stories great?

Which of these two IS more difficult?

Was it difficult for the current owner to find?

Any good stories on how they were acquired, etc.

Lastly, hoping to learn and discuss ( plus hopefully see) a couple books I rarely ever see.

:popcorn:

I own a planet 15 , have seen a half dozen or so in my travels. Have only seen one jumbo 31 for sale ... That is my exp but I am by NO means even close to knowledgable on fh

I've seen more collectors who own a Jumbo 31 when compared to Planet 15, but then again I've seen more Planet 15 sale listings than Jumbo 31.

Overall I think the Planet 15 is tougher, but that's just my personal opinion...

As much as I would like to, I've never owned a Planet 15.

Detroit Trolley copy, Jumbo 31:

100_1444.jpg

I've seen more collectors who own a Jumbo 31 when compared to Planet 15, but then again I've seen more Planet 15 sale listings than Jumbo 31.

Overall I think the Planet 15 is tougher, but that's just my personal opinion...

As much as I would like to, I've never owned a Planet 15.

Detroit Trolley copy, Jumbo 31:

100_1444.jpg

That is a beautiful copy. Super coloring. Thanks for sharing.

Are the interior stories/art worth waiting for?

Also if I understand your post that 31 might be more plentiful than Planet 15, but owners of it are very reluctant to sell and that is why it doesn't come up often?

Also I would agree with an earlier post about Planet 15, I've never seen a copy in super nice shape (7.0 or above) while the two 31's I have now seen were very nice. Wonder why, pure luck?

There was a Jumbo 31 for sale on the board in the last year or so. Horrible looking copy but it still sold.

I don't have either one and have never seen a copy worth purchasing. I'd like to, though.

There was a Jumbo 31 for sale on the board in the last year or so. Horrible looking copy but it still sold.

I don't have either one and have never seen a copy worth purchasing. I'd like to, though.

I believe this belongs here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=60&page=1

;):jokealert:

I purchased my Jumbo 31 in a private sale several years ago after it was offered to me by a fellow boardie. At the time, I wasn't looking for one so I can't tell you how hard it was to find.

As far as GA reading material goes, Jumbo 31 is quite good. (If you get a slabbed Fight 35, on the other hand, keep it slabbed.)

Actually Jumbo #31 is a mere Gerber "9", not a "10".

My copy:

Jumbo31.jpg

You are right, it is a 9.

I was looking at my Gerber journal noticing several Jumbos wih high numbers that day. I must have been thinking of Jumbo 7 when I typed 10. Jumbo 7 is a Gerber 10.

Thanks for sharing your 31.

I also have the Iger five volume bound set of Planets 1-60 jb

Thanks for sharing the Planet 15.

The bound set of 1-60......WOW..... :cloud9:

I have shared this before, but this is as close as I have ever come to owning a Planet 15.

Notice the Planet 15 cover in the lower left.

This is the back to Rangers Comics 2, a rarity with it's own merit.

55113b04.jpg