• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2012 - It's Never to Early, Oct 11-14

486 posts in this topic

me too. strangely, i am unexcited :(

Buck up, me boyo. :banana: It'll be fun. Which day you going?

Glad I read this thread... just picked up a Friday ticket online. I didn't realize everything was selling out.

O, I'm bucked. :)

I've just been dealing almost exclusively with sealing the deal on this apartment I'm bankrupting myself with, and haven't been able to think about the show.

I closed on my apartment this afternoon! :whee:

All of a sudden, I'm psyched for NYCC. :)

Congrats, dude! :applause:

Awesome free place to stay everyone over to Dans for a party after the show on Friday.

lol:headbang: See you there!

lol The apt. will probably be full to brimming with hookers-n-blow, so it's first come first served! :banana:

Does the show offer the general public any shipping out options?

ive heard there are good deals to be had on Graphic Novels, and if i were to pick up a bunch, i'd need them to be shipped for me.

Bring labels and boxes with you. Whats the worst that could happen? You cancel the labels? I would bring the labels, find a PO nearby and get flat rate boxes. You can fill them up with books up to 70 pounds. Assuming you are in the US.

ive heard there are good deals to be had on Graphic Novels, and if i were to pick up a bunch, i'd need them to be shipped for me.

Bring labels and boxes with you. Whats the worst that could happen? You cancel the labels? I would bring the labels, find a PO nearby and get flat rate boxes. You can fill them up with books up to 70 pounds. Assuming you are in the US.

A PO nearby would be the gigantic one on Eighth and 33rd... (thumbs u

Great points. BUT, if i get them to 33rd & 8th, i might as well bring them with me on the LIRR! lol

Great points. BUT, if i get them to 33rd & 8th, i might as well bring them with me on the LIRR! lol

Buy cheap luggage with wheels. Bring it to the show, hit everyone in your way with it and use it to transport books back home. Maybe you could put little blades on the wheels like the charioteers used to.

Buy cheap luggage with wheels. Bring it to the show, hit everyone in your way with it and use it to transport books back home. Maybe you could put little blades on the wheels like the charioteers used to.

like in Grease! lol

The past couple of years one could just walk in on sunday with their youngish kids (so long as they had an adult pass) for free. I was planning on borrowing a friend's pass that day because he never goes on sunday and taking my 7 year old, but apparently, 6 and up need a pass which you have to get in advance and now they are "sold" out.
I have two 3 day passes. I will only be going on Saturday. You can have them for Sunday, just let me know.

That is very kind of you, but given my level of brokitude lately, upon further reflection, it is probably best that I don't go at all as I am, unfortunately, not someone who can go to a con and not spend money. I can do something inexpensive with my 7 year old like throw footballs and baseballs at him. I just spent $45 on someone's thread and that was $45 I don't really have. It looks like I am getting NPBd on ebay for $100 by some zero feedback buyer and I'm getting a little anxious about a $150 sale here where the money does not seem to be forthcoming (I think it will come, I hope it will come...). Time to get my financial house of cards back in order. Too much credit card debt, too much paycheck to paycheck. It is causing too much stress and I can't afford a heart attack right now.

The irony is that my seven year old would probably try to get me to spend a lot less as he has no patience for me rummaging through comic boxes. He'd hit me up for $20-$25 worth of action figures and be happy (there were some tremendous deals at the end of the show last year in that regard). Me, I'd probably buy $500 of comics out of 50 cent, $1 and $2 boxes, filling up two magazine boxes, and have a stroke trying to drag them back to Brooklyn.

I new I forgot something.

Gotta pack!

Once the books are prepped my carryon has a short box and a couple pairs of pants. I buy shirts at the con. :)

And a toothbrush. hm

Well I cant believe I waited this long and now i dont have a ticket again lol. If anyone can sell a Sunday pass I would greatly appreciate it. Just need one for myself. Dont wanna miss this, it will be like my 7 year in a row going. My wife was back and forth on going so I procrastinated and waited to long. She doesnt wanna go now. Go figure. So anyway if anyone has a solution I would greatly appreciate it and definatly make it worthwhile.
I have two 3 day passes. My wife and I are only going to attend on Saturday. I have already given one away. If you would like the other one, let me know. You would have to pick it up late Saturday afternoon, through early Sunday morning. The boat heads up river at 8:00 AM Sunday.