• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2012 - It's Never to Early, Oct 11-14

486 posts in this topic

Final schedule over the next couple of days:

Thursday: Going to try and sneak over there for an hour. I agreed to do something for work later on in the evening.

Friday: Politely asked the boss for the a day off for the first time in a year and a half. - request granted. I will be there until around 2 then I have another work related thing and then going over to see a concert with some non comic friends but will be around Manhattan all night.

Saturday: I will be there all day and into the evening.

Sunday: No show. (I will be furthering my education all day)

If a bunch of people are grabbing beers at some place lmk and I would definitely lift a glass. PM me.

Okay, got a Mignola cover in the first 10 minutes and spent 2/3 of my disposable money on it. Then I promised the other 1/3 to Sienkiewicz today to do a recreation/homage of one of his pieces, one which he has never before done for anyone it turns out. Add that to prepaid pieces, and it was a great show for me. At least one, and maybe even 2, top level pieces and already 3 other great con pieces. Besides Bill, I am picking up 4 other pieces on Sunday - Canete, Templesmith, MacDonald, and Chen.

not too shabby. :applause::whee:

I got to meet some boardies for the first time today. It was great to see boardies I have met in the past too. Hung out at Gator. Adam and Roy's booth most of the day. Looking forward to tomorrow.

I have posted 2 of the pieces I picked up yesterday on my blog, fedres420.blogspot.com I will likely post the big ones there as well but not yet. I have one or maybe even 2 big ones and hope for one more! But go see Mike McKone and Tom Raney's contributions to my collection at the blog if you'd like. They are both great pieces. One Asgardian Storm and one Dr Strange and Eternity ala Michael Golden.

Fun day today! I mainly hung around the vintage comic area. Picked up a handful of books plus some parts. The best part was seeing a few old friends and chatting comics with them.

Will post a full report under the golden age section.