• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 1 or 4, which is more significant?

83 posts in this topic

4 for the cover alone. Probably one of the best "big" SA Marvel key Kirby covers.

IMHO: Amazing Fantasy 15 and Hulk 1, also awesome.

FF 1, TOS 39, TTA 27, iconic, but lacking vavoom.

X-Men 1, JIM 83, DD 1, Avengers 1, Strange Tales 101, kinda meh.

There, I said it.

Avengers #4 just slightly over 1. Kind of like trying to pick between Scarlett johanson and Megan Fox. not that easy. Both awesome books and I like them both. Good reason to go with either. ( I go with ScarJo for full disclosure)

i've posted this before and i'll post it again here, i think AV 4 is one of the worst cover of the SA. :sick:

A1 no contest... A1 is the start of a huge run making it a key...

A4 is NOT a key imo. It's not Cap's 1st app, and a 1st SA app doesn't mean squat imo.

... just my personal opinion :whistle:

I'm in full agreement with you guys,just a very overrated book in my opinion.

I disagree.

While Avengers 1 is significant, Avengers 4 has the iconic return of Cap from the GA and the story is now going to be immortalized in the movie.

Saying something is overpriced is a bit odd considering Action 1 sells for over a million dollars. It's a freakin piece of paper from the 30s...right? :)

With all seriousness, I feel Avengers 4 is the more important book of the two and is not overpriced. It's only going up so get it now while you still can.

I disagree.

While Avengers 1 is significant, Avengers 4 has the iconic return of Cap from the GA and the story is now going to be immortalized in the movie.

Saying something is overpriced is a bit odd considering Action 1 sells for over a million dollars. It's a freakin piece of paper from the 30s...right? :)

With all seriousness, I feel Avengers 4 is the more important book of the two and is not overpriced. It's only going up so get it now while you still can.

Don't get me wrong I like the book,and want a nice one for my collection.As far as a major key? Don't think so,just a minor key at best.Comparing an Action #1 to an Avengers #4 is just ludicrous don't you think?

I disagree.

Don't get me wrong I like the book,and want a nice one for my collection.As far as a major key? Don't think so,just a minor key at best.Comparing an Action #1 to an Avengers #4 is just ludicrous don't you think?

:jokealert::grin:

I wasn't comparing them as there is a world of difference between the two... just that they are all pieces of paper with ink...the rational side of me says none of these funny books are worth what we pay for them. But...

I agree Av4 isn't a major key (now)...but it's becoming one. (thumbs u

The more significant one is the one you own! :insane:

Seriously, I have had 3 different copies of Avengers 4 over the years and truly :cloud9: it.

But Avengers 1 deserves to be the bigger key... not by a landslide but a fair margin.

The more significant one is the one you own! :insane:

Seriously, I have had 3 different copies of Avengers 4 over the years and truly :cloud9: it.

But Avengers 1 deserves to be the bigger key... not by a landslide but a fair margin.

To follow up...

The question was which was more significant.

I took that to mean which was the more important comic to the story line of the Marvel Universe.

Avengers 4 was/is.

Now issue 1 is probably a better investment money wise as a collectible because it's a issue 1.