• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classics Incorporated and manipulation...

109 posts in this topic

Matt and Kenny have discovered a new form of manipulation. I was looking at their books in NYCC and a book really stood out from the middle. The colors were gorgeous and vivid. I took it down to look at it and thought "this looks too nice". I asked Matt about it and he had the gall to tell me everything that had been done to it with great honesty. Then he has the stones to price it reasonably and give me a very nice time payment plan, and the next thing you know I'm walking away with it in my bag.

I never would have bought an extensively restored book in the past, but the techniques that they have developed & refined make their "extensive" very palatable.

I can't believe these guys have manipulated me into buying such a killer book :frustrated:

116538.jpg.54264ef1e56a1e67c6f25e93490b7832.jpg

I gave Classics my AF15. I can't remember the name of the gentleman who helped me, early 30's, dirty blond hair, good looking lad (I'm not gay, but if I was I'd totally do him).

Extremely helpful, professional and well spoken! (worship)

Congrats on your CAP! :golfclap: That's a stunning copy, restored or not.

Matt and Kenny have discovered a new form of manipulation. I was looking at their books in NYCC and a book really stood out from the middle. The colors were gorgeous and vivid. I took it down to look at it and thought "this looks too nice". I asked Matt about it and he had the gall to tell me everything that had been done to it with great honesty. Then he has the stones to price it reasonably and give me a very nice time payment plan, and the next thing you know I'm walking away with it in my bag.

I never would have bought an extensively restored book in the past, but the techniques that they have developed & refined make their "extensive" very palatable.

I can't believe these guys have manipulated me into buying such a killer book :frustrated:

Congrats Dan! :applause:

sweet. :cloud9: i wish i knew how much it was for sale.
it was only like $1,250 (thumbs u

Not a bad price for a photocopy!

:D

Sold the first day of the show too, Dan knew the goods when he saw it.

I wanted to keep the book to be honest with you, Matt said....."No"

Big meanie that he is.

Anyone know if they're going to have a booth at the Long Beach Comic Con?

Ed Roberts will be there. Terry's Comics will be there. CGC will be there.

The rest of the room will be a waste of time.

sweet. :cloud9: i wish i knew how much it was for sale.
it was only like $1,250 (thumbs u

Not a bad price for a photocopy!

:D

Sold the first day of the show too, Dan knew the goods when he saw it.

I wanted to keep the book to be honest with you, Matt said....."No"

Big meanie that he is.

Is the book in question a little of your handiwork, Ze-man?

Great looking book Dan!!