• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Selling Rule #1

1,007 posts in this topic

Lamb of God may have good guitarists but I really don't like the singer much. And I've really tried more than a number of times. I'd much rather go with 5 finger death punch, even Killswitch Engage as a newer metal band I would listen to.

Kirk Hammett - I love early Metalica, however the later stuff blows. Kirk is a good guitar player, not exactly one of my top ten. Definitely is not shy about lifting old sabbath riffs and making them his own. But then again a lot of talented guitarists are copying somebody elses riff at one time or another.

Couple of my favorite guitarists

Ace Frehley - He just shreds on this song

You know, Kiss is one of my guilty pleasures, and Let Me Go, Rock n Roll defines the artist for me. I wish I could find a clear copy of Under My Wheels by Alice Cooper, as it is another song for me that defines the artist.....,

I think Kirk Hammett is underrated. The solo from Dyer's Eve is still one of my all-time favorites.

Dimebag Darrell could shred with the best of them.

But what some of the fingerstyle guys like Trace Bundy:

And his protege' Sungha Jung, etc. are doing is just remarkable to me.

If you will indulge me...I know bluegrass isn't everyone's cup of tea but I grew up listening to it.

What impresses me is the talent displayed by these musicians and of course, the beautiful and talented Allison Krauss.

Jerry Douglas, Dan Tyminski and the rest of Union Station...just amazing.

And then of course...RUSH.

Greatest rock band ever.

The only Rush song that I can fully endorse..., sorry!

How Ya Doin' ?

Joe and Friends. The solo between Joe and Don around 4:10 is pretty sweet.

Good call. "Meadows" is a great song--and what a hat! :insane::headbang: Thanks for sharing that. :hail:

Joe Walsh is a VERY underrated songwriter and I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned until now, guitar-wise. I thought his first group, the James Gang, was obscure enough to where even though "Funk #49" is known (if not by title, then definitely by the song) the step-brother "Funk #48" was doubtless a hidden gem...but then, last Sunday, it was featured in the opening for ESPN's insane 3-hour pre-NFL gameday (10 a.m. EST :insane:).

Even if you consider Walsh a mediocre guitarist, his various album titles as a solo artist redeem his status as a rock and roll legend:

The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get

So What

You Can't Argue with a Sick Mind

But Seriously, Folks

There Goes the Neighborhood

You Bought It--You Name It

The Confessor

Got Any Gum?

Ordinary Average Guy

Songs for a Dying Planet

Also, Walsh ran for U.S. president back in 1980. His twin platform: free gasoline and toilet paper for all citizens. And the National Anthem would have become "Life's Been Good". Joe Walsh. American hero. :preach:

I did not know Rush even had a guitar player????? I thought it was just Getty Lee and Neal Peart
It's actually just that one guy that sings like a girl, and he/she does bad karaoke.

Jimmy Page in my opinion was so much better than Hendrix,Jimmy Page is #! and Hendrix is #2.

Sloppy I don't think so,here's the best Zeppelin song.

That was another example of his tightness that I was going to post last night. Good call.

Lamb of God may have good guitarists but I really don't like the singer much. And I've really tried more than a number of times. I'd much rather go with 5 finger death punch, even Killswitch Engage as a newer metal band I would listen to.

Kirk Hammett - I love early Metalica, however the later stuff blows. Kirk is a good guitar player, not exactly one of my top ten. Definitely is not shy about lifting old sabbath riffs and making them his own. But then again a lot of talented guitarists are copying somebody elses riff at one time or another.

We will agree to disagree on LOG, a I LOVE sacralige.

Killswitch, not so much.

Kirk Hammett is held back.

Dimebag Darrell is another who needs respect.