• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Krapping

33 posts in this topic

To all those who have chastised me for my opinions rendered on the forum, I am humbled by the feedback~ My thoughts are -If I think a particular book is priced to a level that I think requires question, I feel it is only right to express my thoughts on it. I have bought books from the seller and have been very, very happy with the results.

My dilemma in this case is this... If a Green Label 1.0 of a super Key book is worthy say of a 15k price tag, then in my view a Blue Lable 3.0 would be somewhere in the 40k range??? If that is indeed the case in todays market, then I apologize and I am simply way out of the loop on these great books.

It's just when I see a book, any book, listed for sale that I personally have a question about, I am not going to coil up in a corner and sugar coat it. I am going to express my opinion which is just that, an opinion. To all of those who have PM'd me with positive responses to my opinions, I thank you for it. To all of those who have 'krapped' me for simply voicing my thoughts, so be it. You are entitled to your opinions as well.

I do respect and enjoy this forum and I will begin biting my tongue when I see something listed that seems in question.

Many fellow board members here know me and know that I'm a straight shooter. I have no ill content towards any fellow comic buddy. I do understand some of the feedback that stated, in so many words, "You would be upset if someone did that to you" and I can appreciate that. Anyone can price a book at whatever on earth they want, and I agree with that premise. I have some books that if I were to sell I would probably ask way more than market value.

The Cap 1 is a monumental book and deserves nothing less than high praise. Again, I may be way out of the loop on this and its' value may be way higher than my own perception of it. Which very likely might be the case.

To all those who have chastised me for my opinions rendered on the forum, I am humbled by the feedback~ My thoughts are -If I think a particular book is priced to a level that I think requires question, I feel it is only right to express my thoughts on it. I have bought books from the seller and have been very, very happy with the results.

My dilemma in this case is this... If a Green Label 1.0 of a super Key book is worthy say of a 15k price tag, then in my view a Blue Lable 3.0 would be somewhere in the 40k range??? If that is indeed the case in todays market, then I apologize and I am simply way out of the loop on these great books.

It's just when I see a book, any book, listed for sale that I personally have a question about, I am not going to coil up in a corner and sugar coat it. I am going to express my opinion which is just that, an opinion. To all of those who have PM'd me with positive responses to my opinions, I thank you for it. To all of those who have 'krapped' me for simply voicing my thoughts, so be it. You are entitled to your opinions as well.

I do respect and enjoy this forum and I will begin biting my tongue when I see something listed that seems in question.

Many fellow board members here know me and know that I'm a straight shooter. I have no ill content towards any fellow comic buddy. I do understand some of the feedback that stated, in so many words, "You would be upset if someone did that to you" and I can appreciate that. Anyone can price a book at whatever on earth they want, and I agree with that premise. I have some books that if I were to sell I would probably ask way more than market value.

The Cap 1 is a monumental book and deserves nothing less than high praise. Again, I may be way out of the loop on this and its' value may be way higher than my own perception of it. Which very likely might be the case.

You shouldn't have to bite your tongue if you see a listing that's "in question", but I think a listing "in question" should involve lies or some kind of deception, not high prices.

You even said you have books you wouldn't sell unless for way more than fmv. You and the seller of the Cap should be able to do so without feeling guilty about it.

Questioning pricing is one of those things that are touchy on the selling forums because the sellers will price books at numbers that they feel comfortable at.

Most buyers around these parts are pretty well educated and if a book is overpriced it just eventually drifts off into the sunset.

The generally accepted way to question a seller's pricing if you have a concern is to send the seller a Private Message about it.

That seems to be the status quo around here.

For the record, that Cap #3 you sold me 2 years ago was astronomically priced.

I still bought it though.

:insane:

Also, if you really think the seller is missing the boat on his/her prices, you're welcome to PM them.

It's just that, since this is a community-based site, any publicly offered feedback can really affect sales, which isn't necessarily fair.

For the record, that Cap #3 you sold me 2 years ago was astronomically priced.

I still bought it though.

:insane:

Yeah, but Captain America 3 is an over-guide book every day of the week. Whether it's astronomically over-guide or just stratospherically priced is between buyer and seller.

Sorry for the threadcrap.

I think in general price questioning on a book on a forum is a sensitive matter but I know you John and know it was not krapping...id say a PM to the seller is just safer..of course if I had a book overpriced on these boards, please krap all you want John! lol

I wouldnt call it krapping but many sellers would be annoyed if someone "invaded" their thread and gave their opinion. no matter if its true or not. Its a brave move no doubt to come out and speak your mind , but it could start something nasty with other board members. If a book is way overpriced (as Roy mentioned) it just wont sell and disappear. You could pm all the people you know (friends ect....) and bash (thrash, smash ....) the price and keep it private and no harm would be done.

We always have had the beautiful make an offer option.

Of course if rules have been set then their isnt much debate.

There are threads in this GA forum about the pricing of GA books and people post about auction results and prices on web sites. There is no need to muzzle yourself, nor to post in a seller's thread in order to get your point across.

You're not supposed to "thread " but you're not out of line about the pricing. Here's the most recent sales for CGC 3.5 BLUE Labels

Aug-14-2009 $11,950 Cert# 0984504001

Jun-20-2009 $13,900

Mind you, that's two years ago. But still we're talking about a 1.0 GREEN label with married cover.

WAAAAY overpriced.

If a books is seriously overpriced no one is going to buy it. Heck, often if a book is reasonably priced it can sit without offers sometimes. If a price seems REALLY out of line - go ahead and PM the seller if you like, but don't thread krap - or just use the old standby "nice book" - with no further comment.

I wouldnt call it krapping but many sellers would be annoyed if someone "invaded" their thread and gave their opinion. no matter if its true or not. Its a brave move no doubt to come out and speak your mind , but it could start something nasty with other board members. If a book is way overpriced (as Roy mentioned) it just wont sell and disappear. You could pm all the people you know (friends ect....) and bash (thrash, smash ....) the price and keep it private and no harm would be done.

I doubt that thought crossed anyone that thread krapping about a price on any books. Sure having diarrhea at the mouth is often = speak your mind in most instance .

hm PMs are generally safer than the duck and cover nuclear option.

smiley-scared006.gif ...my 2c

I doubt that thought crossed anyone that thread krapping about a price on any books. Sure having diarrhea at the mouth is often = speak your mind in most instance .

From time to time every public forum turns into an oversized bedpan! (shrug)

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

I disagree.Here's how selling threads here are universally understood:

If you feel a price is too high, either send a PM to the seller or move on. It is not your right to question a seller's price publicly; it's not your property.

You may price your property however you wish. You should also not be challenged publicly for your pricing strategy. Its your property & right to price it however you like.

Its simple ETIQUETTE. It really should not need be explained.

It's a free market, right? I mean, if it's priced too high, it will not sell... if it sells, then it wasn't priced too high.

hm That's common sense! You should know better than to spread that stuff around here! (tsk)

lol By the way, I have some really expensive comics to sell you at OAFCon.

It's a free market, right? I mean, if it's priced too high, it will not sell... if it sells, then it wasn't priced too high.

hm That's common sense! You should know better than to spread that stuff around here! (tsk)

lol By the way, I have some really expensive comics to sell you at OAFCon.

I've got a whole bunch for sale at "OMG!" prices. :whistle:

:roflmao:

It is ironic because I could have easily thread in another sale thread that the OP was the interested buyer but I drank some pepto bismo quickly before the symptoms took hold.