• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Better late than Never...NYCC 2011 report

35 posts in this topic

taking a week off from "home life" and the store, it has taken me this long to "catch up"...

so, figured I would chime in with my usual convention ramblings...

flew out of Fl last Wed, and both flights were on time and smooth sailing...

cab ride from LaG to my hotel (Affinia Manhatten) was about 30 minutes...

met up with filter81 and miss obliviousmid afternoon and we headed to the convention center...

vintagecomics was kind enough to have gotten our racks into our booth and the "fun" started...

our booth location was fine, nestled in the heart of the comic countryside...across from bob storms, next to marc nathan and shouting distance to Dale, Harley, Graham, etc...

so, I was happy with location... what presented a problem for us is that our 10/10 booth was really 10 x 9 1/2...what is this a problem you ask?...because our gridwall set up requires 10 feet...

so, for about 2 hours I battled how to make the booth work...finally settled on some creative construction and got it set up to our approval and then we headed to a little diner for a pretty good hamburger!

woke up Thursday morn and headed to the convention center...met buttock and his better half and with his help, loaded our 12 boxes of books into the convention center....

comic link was kind enough to let us borrow their hand truck, so make the move in easy too!

ran into sardo numspar as well, and saw a TON of boardies and friends in the hall...

always a pleasure to greet and talk with each and every one of you (even watson)...

spent the next few hours organizing the booth. to the pictures I showed posted in the other thread...

Thursday started out with a "big bang" sales wise (no offfense cbs)...Friday and Saturday we kind of "light" for us on the big $ books, but some sales made none the less...Sunday was a pretty good day with some fairly strong sales!

we sold several high grade SA keys (Xmen 1, daredevil 1, Xmen 5) and a few golden age gems

Detective 27, cgc 4.5 EP

MMC 3 Larson cgc 9.0

Captain america 3 cgc 6.5

Detective 36 cgc 3.5

Captain America 1 cgc 3.5 SS

Some other sales for us at the show were :

strange tales 116

wonder woman 6, cgc 5.0

action 20 (completed board sale)

marvel mystery comics 5

Boy comics 7

Thrilling 49

Our army at war 68 cgc 4.5 sp

Boy Commandos 20 (completed board sale)

Action 45 (complete board sale)

Batman 47 cgc 5.5

Strange Terror 13

Chilling 13

Chilling 15

Weird Horrors 7

She Hulk1 cgc 9.8

Action 93

Pep 168

Hyper Mystery 1 Denver pedigree

United States Marines 7 (completed board sale)

Attomic Attack

All new comics 8 cgc 6.0

Hulk 1, cgc 4.5 Twin cities ped

Captain Midnight 17

Terrific Mystery 36

Startling Terror 4

Jungle 143 cgc 8.5 Okajima (completed board sale)

Archie 78

Thor 337 cgc 9.8

Avengers 1, cgc 3.0

ASM 60 cgc 9.0

Tales of Suspense 52, cgc 8.5

Marvel Mystery Comics 77, cgc 7.5 "w w" collection

Those were some of the highlights for us!

How did I miss the All New 8?? :frustrated:

Were you at the show? :o

No.It's just we've been in trade talks lately and it would have been at the top of my list if I knew he had it.It's a very difficult book to find in decent shape.

let me let you feel better about yourself: how did he not offer me the denver book, so as to get out of the hello pal?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

He's a lizard of sorts, what do you expect??

let me let you feel better about yourself: how did he not offer me the denver book, so as to get out of the hello pal?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

hello Pal is a curse for parker to carry

hello Pal is a curse for parker to carry

Seems to me he wouldn't be Parker without "Hello Pal". lol

I think a few of us Boardies associate Mr. Parker with Hello Pal (Until he pulls out his Marvel #1 that is). :headbang:

BTW Rick...any inquiries on that KDF????

BTW Rick...any inquiries on that KDF????

The first Masked Marvel issue? If so, I saw it in SDCC and it is an awesome mid-grade copy.

I told rick that I was sorely tempted, but I already have one (that I purchased from a Fishy fellow who failed to disclose resto) - still, a duplicate would be nice so I'd be free to purge the other copy. hm