• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Someone Help give some info on a SI 1 please

10 posts in this topic

SI1.jpg

I had sent this out a week ago and I called yesterday to find out the grade. CGC said it came out a 9.8 with white pages. :) I might be considering selling it but Id like some input on its value. anyone? I also found out recently that there are subscription copies as well as newsstand copies. whats worth more? I am not sure what my copy is yet but I will be calling them sometime today to find out. Any info would be helpful :foryou:

The only thing I know is that I have seen copies go for $2300 and there is a copy on ebay for that has an asking for slightly more. I have also seen 9.6 copies that have prices at about $1500 but id like to know if anyone has a list of sales in the last few years for 9.8s?

Not sure of the value.

I do know that the first issue was part of a HUGE warehouse find.

The second issue is much rarer.

Not sure about this either but if it has demand similar to comics, then it doesnt matter and secondly, not too many people care for second issues, (and for comics) second appearances doesnt have a demand anywhere near a first.

Look at how the Hulk 181 does in sales. And there are tons of them out there.

The second issue is DEFINITELY worth more. Not saying your 9.8 copy is going to go for chump change.

I have every SI from the 2nd issue (1954) through 1962. I bought them all in one shot so I've done a bit of research.

However, this is all besides the point, since I can't really help you with a value on the 9.8 # 1.

Where did you pick it up ?

I had sent this out a week ago and I called yesterday to find out the grade. CGC said it came out a 9.8 with white pages. :) I might be considering selling it but Id like some input on its value. anyone?

9.8??? What did you store it in, a hyperbaric chamber?

If it really is 9.8, with all the trading cards intact, then there is a good chance it would qualify as the highest-graded copy (and maintain that title for a long time, even if another copy surfaces that ties it for the grade). If you've got the highest-graded copy of something, the guidebook goes out the window (although there is not guidebook for this that I know of). I mean, look at Vampirella #1 -- a 9.2 copy auctions for $1,000 and a 9.6 copy auctions for $10,000 (I'm still shaking my head at that one).

I remember the warehouse find. I think for a short while they were selling little gift boxes with SI #1 and a little gilded faux leather case for it, maybe a certificate and a brochure of some kind with it. If I remember correctly it was reasonably priced. Sill, I bet many of them were not 9.8's.