• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,834 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I see an eBay listing claiming it's been optioned, but couldn't find a news source.

There's a preview in the 2014 I Is for Image Preview

Snyder tweeted out that he finished the pilot -script 

Edited by awakeintheashes

3 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

People will start to spec on this now and then move on to the next one.  I got to find all my copies and list ASAP!

Agreed. I just saw them a couple of weeks ago while sorting long boxes, but can't remember if I put them into the dollar boxes or Image boxes now. lol 

8 minutes ago, kimik said:

Agreed. I just saw them a couple of weeks ago while sorting long boxes, but can't remember if I put them into the dollar boxes or Image boxes now. lol 

They really do blur together sometimes. lol 

This and Hardcore in the past week, I have no idea if I still have the books or where I put them.

41 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

This and Hardcore in the past week, I have no idea if I still have the books or where I put them.

I have a bad feeling that both for me are in a box at the bottom of the back row of longs. At least now there is enough value to make it worthwhile to dig them out. lol 

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Is the Top Cow Hardcore the same storyline as the Skybound series, or something else entirely with the same title?

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is the Top Cow Hardcore the same storyline as the Skybound series, or something else entirely with the same title?

I believe it's the same series. The Top Cow book was originally part of 2009's Pilot Season series of one-shots, which was before Skybound's founding, but never printed. It was finally printed in 2012. Because it was "published" in 2009 before Skybound's founding, maybe the subsequent printing doesn't officially fall under Skybound's umbrella.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well Kraven's Last Hunt was already selling well. Glad I bought as many as I could find.
This should help it too as well as 1st app in ASM many years ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kraven-hunter-aaron-taylor-johnson-220839660.html

Awesome, I've been stacking as many copies of the Kraven's Last Hunt issues as I could over the last year or so. Couldn't afford more than just the one copy of his first app but this has been rumored for a looooong time.

Hopefully Sony gets the ball rolling with some of this Spider-verse stuff. Black Cat has to be on deck soon... Silver Sable... if Kraven is coming I think there has to be bigger stuff in the works...

E: Thinking on this more, this is even harder for me to have faith in than Venom or Morbius. A remarkably cruel animal hunter as the star of the film? Unless they radically alter Kraven's character I don't see how they can build a franchise on Kraven's back. Too unlikeable. But to be fair I was shocked by the success of Venom.

Edited by BoogieWoogie

On 5/24/2021 at 4:30 PM, fastballspecial said:

Lucky dog.

I am pretty much buying any Spawn cheap in NM grade under 280. I have different amounts for different books, but I wont turn
down any copy in high grade. I see a wave coming.

Hit the stores last night and snagged a new small stack of Spawns, including a couple of newsstand copies of 31 and 68. Unfortunately, it looks like I have cleaned them out of issues between 100 - 300 for now.

4 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

If Doom 2099 ever becomes a thing 118 would be a nice book to have, too.

Why would doom2099 be anything when you have dr doom 616?  Curious.  Also wasn’t he first shown in a marvel age comic like 112 or something?

I actually feel bad for newbies as when this all ends a lot of people will be stuck holding bag. There is no way any of these fringe 90’s comics could be or should be worth what they are selling for now.  This will surely end with a huge market collapse.  Anybody need modern long boxes.  I have about 30 I’ll let go for a low low price of $20,000.  

50 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Why would doom2099 be anything when you have dr doom 616?  Curious.  Also wasn’t he first shown in a marvel age comic like 112 or something?

Because that’s how the market is. 

Marvel Age 119 and MCP 118 were published in the same month. Not sure which came first, but MCP 118 is commonly referred to has his first appearance. 

41 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Anybody need modern long boxes.  I have about 30 I’ll let go for a low low price of $20,000.

How much are you getting paid for making this joke in this thread? By the usage, impression, likes?