• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,809 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Who knows what will spin-off nowadays!

Because of the Vindicators news, I'm also watching Rick and Morty #37 the Pickle Rick Homage cover, it should make some moves too I imagine.

Rick and Morty #37 Pickle Rick X-Men 141 Homage 🔥 CGC 9.8 🔥

Why do you say that? I'm digging through bins right now and I see about 10 of these at cover price... is the 1st app of the vindicators in here or some other reason?

18 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Why do you say that? I'm digging through bins right now and I see about 10 of these at cover price... is the 1st app of the vindicators in here or some other reason?

First "rebirth" version/appearance of Pickle Rick I believe for Vindicators #1. For the RM 37, the black and white has a low print run. The color version is selling around 80-100 for a 9.8 slab. I think for this one it is just the homage cover and the fact the Pickle Rick is on it.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

8 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I've been following Spawn 150 for years.. that was always the toughest, most expensive, and w the coolest covers anniversary issue... I am not willing to pay the going prices :(

Also one of the few I don't have.  

Agreed, I'm not paying the price either.  

Had a chance at the sketch head cover.  Should have bought at that price, but whatevs.com/gov (TM Pending). 

Wouldn't mind the Jim Lee cover. 

Patrick 

16 hours ago, ABlackshire said:

The movie of Wanted was horrible.  Completely different than the comic book and massively inferior.

Would love for someone to come along and do it right on the big screen.

If you haven't read it, you really should.

Exactly. This series drew me back in to reading comics again after a decade away…

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Had a chance at the sketch head cover.  Should have bought at that price, but whatevs.com/gov (TM Pending). 

Patrick 

I always and only wanted the Jim Lee variant. I was willing to pay $30 5 years ago then it went up to $60 later on and now it’s above $100... I do have the McFarlane cover but it’s not the best cover art imo. Image United 1 Jim Lee variant is practically a bargain 150 

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

I've been following Spawn 150 for years.. that was always the toughest, most expensive, and w the coolest covers anniversary issue... I am not willing to pay the going prices :(

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

Yeah I love the 150 Capullo cover.  Frickin awesome...I think it's the regular one. 

Screenshot_20210521-205829_eBay.thumb.jpg.eb505895fe176f803b69cff1c0e7a7a1.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hekla said:

Has ASM 430 & 431 been selling so well all along or is this a result of the Carnage movie announced?

It has sold pretty well for the last few years. ASM had a low print run at the time, relative to ASM at least, and they're pretty cool covers and a genuinely fun story IMO. I think the covers drive a lot of the value, 431 especially but 430 is also great. I think a lot of the late volume 1 issues are a bit undervalued. Last issues from Deadpool and Ghost Rider v2 and a bunch of other series matters but not ASM #441? 

2 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Popped up recently on a Key Collector spec list on I think Thursday, note the dates lol 

Half of the books they add are head scratchers or pump and dumps. Just because a book has a low print run doesn’t mean a thing. Or some of the variant covers their buddies recommended on Instagram or YouTube. Of course the sheep go out and buy the books which makes them look good. When it was only them mentioning it that sold copies. I have a hard time going through their recently added books without cursing under my breath.  

6 hours ago, Hekla said:

Has ASM 430 & 431 been selling so well all along or is this a result of the Carnage movie announced?

It's been for quite some time (years).

Our shop had them for a decent price and I kept ignoring for a long time. 

I should have grabbed them then. 

Patrick 

Yes, they have been sold $25-35 books for a long time for nice, but not necessarily "this is a 9.6-.8" copies, so they should be $150 in this market :cloud9:

12 hours ago, Hekla said:

They've sold well for a long time, so I'm sure the prices are (even more) nuts in the current market.

I first noticed them when I started buying comics on ebay and was still naive enough to think the OPG was relevant. I couldn't understand why I kept getting hugely outbid. I never got one online, but I rescued a bunch of copies from dollar/cheap bins for a while. Then, a full :censored: decade later, the worthless OPG finally broke out those issues and the cheap copies dried up.

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:
17 hours ago, Hekla said:

It's been for quite some time (years).

Our shop had them for a decent price and I kept ignoring for a long time. 

I should have grabbed them then. 

Patrick 

Bought 3 today paid more then I wanted, but well under going price. Price will continue
up the What if issue in Newsstand is really hard to find.