• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Awesome, I've been stacking as many copies of the Kraven's Last Hunt issues as I could over the last year or so. Couldn't afford more than just the one copy of his first app but this has been rumored for a looooong time.

Hopefully Sony gets the ball rolling with some of this Spider-verse stuff. Black Cat has to be on deck soon... Silver Sable... if Kraven is coming I think there has to be bigger stuff in the works...

E: Thinking on this more, this is even harder for me to have faith in than Venom or Morbius. A remarkably cruel animal hunter as the star of the film? Unless they radically alter Kraven's character I don't see how they can build a franchise on Kraven's back. Too unlikeable. But to be fair I was shocked by the success of Venom.

Yeah.  Moon Knight and Iron Fist might get tv shows too......

It doesn't have to make sense anymore.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah.  Moon Knight and Iron Fist might get tv shows too......

It doesn't have to make sense anymore.

Those guys are at least heroes lol 

Kraven though? Kraven? The press release called him an antihero so that's where they're trying to go with this but I am struggling to think of any time Kraven did anything along those lines. There are a lot of forgettable apps but I feel like I've read almost every Kraven appearance across Amazing/Spectacular/Web of/Sensational Spidey and... antihero? When?

They must be basically inventing a character that looks like some facsimile of Kraven but is the opposite of the comic villain. Maybe make him a friend to/protector of animals instead of someone that beats on and hunts them for sport. Maybe drop 'the Hunter" and he's just Kraven now. I can just hear how this was pitched at the Sony offices, "Think Aquaman... but on Earth!" lol  

Can't imagine we're getting the cruelty to animals is fun version on screen (:

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Kraven though? Kraven? The press release called him an antihero so that's where they're trying to go with this but I am struggling to think of any time Kraven did anything along those lines. There are a lot of forgettable apps but I feel like I've read almost every Kraven appearance across Amazing/Spectacular/Web of/Sensational Spidey and... antihero? When?

They must be basically inventing a character that looks like some facsimile of Kraven but is the opposite of the comic villain. Maybe make him a friend to/protector of animals instead of someone that beats on and hunts them for sport. Maybe drop 'the Hunter" and he's just Kraven now. I can just hear how this was pitched at the Sony offices, "Think Aquaman... but on Earth!" lol  

Maybe we'll adopt Wolverine's definition of "hunting" (as shown in the Classic X-Men #25 backup story)

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

C List heroes at best.

Personally dont care for Kraven either, but it will push sales for awhile. Ive been stocking up issues just for this. 
Just ride the wave. 

Kraven was a one-note character until the "Last Hunt" story, in which he buried Spidey alive then took on his heroic identity so as to prove his superiority to his long-time nemesis. Kraven wore the black Spider-Man costume, and accomplished something Spidey never could. Having accomplished rhis ultimate goal, and with no challenges left, he then committed suicide. It was controversial, but I enjoyed the rare example of truth in advertising. Last hunt indeed.

Some changes are likely on the way to his live-action character,

About 6 months after the "Last Hunt" story, a brand new villain showed up in the black Spider-Man suit, and Venom has certainly established the anti-hero vibe they're hoping to gin up for with Kraven. Not many thought the Venom live-action adaptation would work either, but it's still going.

I haven't read much Spider-Man this century, but didn't they also have Doc Ock take over Spidey's identity for a time?

12 hours ago, littledoom said:

MCP 117!

Why? Just because of Venom? I mean, I love that cover (back cover?), but is that it?

1 hour ago, jdandns said:

Kraven was a one-note character until the "Last Hunt" story, in which he buried Spidey alive then took on his heroic identity so as to prove his superiority to his long-time nemesis. Kraven wore the black Spider-Man costume, and accomplished something Spidey never could. Having accomplished rhis ultimate goal, and with no challenges left, he then committed suicide. It was controversial, but I enjoyed the rare example of truth in advertising. Last hunt indeed.

It’d carry more weight, if the storyline hadn’t originally been written by DeMatteis as a Batman story.  As it is, J.M. salvaged his -script, and shoehorned it into a Kraven/Spidey story.   

7 hours ago, jdandns said:

About 6 months after the "Last Hunt" story, a brand new villain showed up in the black Spider-Man suit, and Venom has certainly established the anti-hero vibe they're hoping to gin up for with Kraven. Not many thought the Venom live-action adaptation would work either, but it's still going.

I haven't read much Spider-Man this century, but didn't they also have Doc Ock take over Spidey's identity for a time?

Yes, that was the Superior Spider-man story. Only a matter of time before we see Superior Spider-verse, with Kraven, Doc Ock, Venom, Spidey's clone, etc.

13 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I agree with your confusion about Kraven as an antihero...look, I think he is part of one of the best Spidey stories ever told but outside of that, I would argue he is borderline a B or C list villain...

16 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

That series was hot then not...is it getting love again? I bought the entire run for $10 2 years ago. 

Yep - #1 is getting $25 pretty easily right now

10 hours ago, jdandns said:

Last Hunt he also ate spiders to try and get Spider-Man's powers. Not a good story.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yes, that was the Superior Spider-man story. Only a matter of time before we see Superior Spider-verse, with Kraven, Doc Ock, Venom, Spidey's clone, etc.

I have long wondered whether the Sony/MCU rights sharing deal might end with Marvel doing Death of Peter Parker so that Sony could then either reboot Spider-Man or do Superior Spider-Man before rebooting Spider-Man... #700 is a good buy just for the cover anyway :cloud9: 

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

That series was hot then not...is it getting love again? I bought the entire run for $10 2 years ago. 

One of the few stories by Snyder that I really didn't like. 

#1 was expensive for a minute when it first came out.  

Pretty sure I dumped that book some time ago.

Patrick 

4 hours ago, followtheleader said:

One of the few stories by Snyder that I really didn't like. 

#1 was expensive for a minute when it first came out.  

Pretty sure I dumped that book some time ago.

Patrick 

I really liked Wytches.  The Snyder one I struggled with was the one with the water monsters....Wake I think.