• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2021 at 7:36 PM, Second Blight said:

I have no problem with Ebay's managed payment system. Fees are taken out automatically and it saves me the hassle of worrying about paying them when the time comes. I also have no problem waiting  3-4 days for my money to be deposited.

If you cant wait that long, idk, maybe find an actual job.....

If you were worried about paying your ebay fees, idk, maybe find an actual job.....

28 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Invincible 1 9.8 is amazing.... Kirkmans highest priced book now?   will this continue to beat walking dead 1 after the show is over ? I figure it's only going to get hotter as we get more seasons.

Agreed. 

Though WD was a 1-of-1 phenom, people were collecting it MUCH earlier than Invincible.   Now people are going to pay the literal price for ignoring the book for a long time. 

Only Invincible book I skipped was the Larry's edition.  Wish I hadn't (though no comparison to the original #1).

Patrick

38 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Invincible 1 9.8 is amazing.... Kirkmans highest priced book now?   will this continue to beat walking dead 1 after the show is over ? I figure it's only going to get hotter as we get more seasons.

just wait till it get live action treatment (which there has already been talk of by exec producers).. the 9.8 prices now will be bargains.. it's literally the best non DC Marvel superhero story ever ;)

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

just wait till it get live action treatment (which there has already been talk of by exec producers).. the 9.8 prices now will be bargains.. it's literally the best non DC Marvel superhero story ever ;)

Do you think now would be a good time to grab an invincible 1 graded 9.8 or go for a lower grade at this point?  It seems a 9.8 is about $9k.  Maybe settle for a 9.6 or 9.4?

4 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Do you think now would be a good time to grab an invincible 1 graded 9.8 or go for a lower grade at this point?  It seems a 9.8 is about $9k.  Maybe settle for a 9.6 or 9.4?

right now if you didn't own a copy I would grab a 9.4 or a 9.6... I would probably wait till Oct-Dec to grab a 9.8 when you can maybe get a one for $1-1.5k less than it is now... but that's a big maybe ... generally this hobby rewards those who are bold and pay up for premium books in premium grade and hold for a long period of time.. so based on that I would feel confident that a 9.8 will likely only increase in value more than decrease

I think now is a terrible time to buy it honestly. It's hot right now since it's fresh in people's minds. Wait a bit for it to cool down. I also think with Covid ramping down people will be spending more on travel and other fun stuff so the money won't be flowing so freely for comics. Definitely seeing a slowdown in other keys, so this shouldn't be any different.

Edited by Tnexus

2 hours ago, Tnexus said:

I think now is a terrible time to buy it honestly. It's hot right now since it's fresh in people's minds. Wait a bit for it to cool down. I also think with Covid ramping down people will be spending more on travel and other fun stuff so the money won't be flowing so freely for comics. Definitely seeing a slowdown in other keys, so this shouldn't be any different.

That may be true but just make sure to get it before season 2. If the quality continues,  this book is only going to get hotter.  Amazon is lucky because they will have 10 to 11 seasons of material and it's all excellent.  Even the ending is great,  much better then game of thrones and WD.

Honestly,  amazon should be taking a HARD look at SAGA right now and duplicate the process. 

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

That may be true but just make sure to get it before season 2. If the quality continues,  this book is only going to get hotter.  Amazon is lucky because they will have 10 to 11 seasons of material and it's all excellent.  Even the ending is great,  much better then game of thrones and WD.

Honestly,  amazon should be taking a HARD look at SAGA right now and duplicate the process. 

The budget required to do it right may have some studios holding back, but if Y does well, maybe Vaughan's reputation and success will help bring it to life. The story is too good not to adapt it.