• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

People really can’t get enough of Miles, don’t get me wrong I love the character but this La Mole foil variant of Ultimate Fallout 4 sold for 1,425 in auction today:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTIMATE-FALLOUT-4-LA-MOLE-VARIANT-CGC-9-8-1ST-APP-MILES-MORALES-SPIDER-MAN-/133774363758

and then a BIN sold for 1,550 right after it. 

Never mind that this is a foreign reprint that came out a decade after the 1st print... or that just a week ago a 9.8 sold in auction for $700 which was already insane. In any case, if you have one might be a good time to sell it...

Interesting conversation at my local shop today.

Guy walks in with about 15 slabs in a box. Wants to sell them or trade them
as I he didn't pay much for them. It was a mixture of mid grade last 70s stuff>
Nice stuff, but nothing stunning. If he slabbed them himself then he chose 
poorly, but I didn't ask that. 

While the owner is looking them over he comes over and talks to me about 
the growth in sales this year and I agreed with him completely. I enjoyed the 
conversation as we were discussing the growth in online sales this past 2 years.

What he is hoping for and he really thinks this will happen is seller will drop
out from fear of getting 1099ed this year. He is so bullish he told me he is looking
for ways to get more cash to buy more books. He thinks this year and next will
be stronger. I am cautious about that.

While I do agree with him I am not seeing the slowdown many are talking about I
found his viewpoint of the industry a little to straight forward in believing he can 
continue to buy keys, slab them and turn large profits. At some point that merry go
round will stop. 

That being said it sums of the viewpoint of many on how they see our hobby. 

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

conversation as we were discussing the growth in online sales this past 2 years.

out from fear of getting 1099ed this year. He is so bullish he told me he is looking

found his viewpoint of the industry a little to straight forward in believing he can 
continue to buy keys, slab them and turn large profits. At some point that merry go
round will stop. 

I'll send a message to you in your ebay store as well, wondering if your WOS 1 is still available...

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

round will stop. 

1099 tax change doesn't start until 2022. A chunk of sellers will move off of ebay. In 2023 when the ones who don't keep up with news get their 1099 they will leave. 

Comic shops buy books off some clueless people so he can keep the flipping game going. Though if he is looking for more cash maybe he isn't doing that good. 

Every year sales just keep getting better. I suppose it will end but been going strong for over a decade. 

On 6/8/2021 at 11:01 AM, 1Cool said:

Both are fantastic reads.  I think Invincible was better but Saga was great.

Would agree with this.  I just finished Saga trades a week or so ago.  Was really good.  I've read Invincible twice already, and wouldn't be oppose to reading it a third time or more. 

On 6/12/2021 at 11:00 AM, AJLewandoski said:

What if? Planet Hulk was cleared out on ebay overnight now the lowest priced copy is $130. Every modern "key" is hot don't sleep on any of them :screwy:

Also, thanks for the heads up. I pulled out my copy I had $10 on at the flea and listed on eBay yesterday. By end of day it sold for $175.

13 hours ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

1099 tax change doesn't start until 2022. A chunk of sellers will move off of ebay. In 2023 when the ones who don't keep up with news get their 1099 they will leave. 

Comic shops buy books off some clueless people so he can keep the flipping game going. Though if he is looking for more cash maybe he isn't doing that good. 

Every year sales just keep getting better. I suppose it will end but been going strong for over a decade. 

Yeah I was a little put back when he talked about looking for extra cash. If he is doing it right he should have all the cash he needs. 

They will have to put an asterisks next to the last 2 years though. Unless next year is just a good. I am cautiously optimistic.

3 hours ago, BishopT said:
3 hours ago, Bird said:

marvel, or star wars?

Marvel’s X Men Rogue from the mid 90s would make sense, but Rogue One A Star Wars Story #1 has been around $30 for regular cover for a few months now.

Its Rogue several artists are working on covers for her right now as they are showing parts of the covers.

On 6/12/2021 at 6:00 PM, followtheleader said:

Wow.  Due to the Wolvie cover and Pressman-residuals? 

I can't recall a 1st or major event.  

Patrick

I imagine the movement is because one of the Youtubers that has been discussed in some threads on these boards called out that book as one of his purchases, not as it being a key book (which it's not, unless you consider Jim Lee's last issue on X-Men a key), but rather because of the cover. He noted that that was the X-Men team lots of his people his age recognize as the team they knew. (I'm assuming it's very close to the team in the cartoon, but I never watched the cartoon).

On 6/12/2021 at 7:28 PM, AJLewandoski said:

Well they say She Hulk is going to be a courtroom procedural maybe the Hulk is going to have to get an alien paternity test and pay some back child support? lol The show may suffer from a few too many Jade giants if they do add him in. Abomination, Hulk, She Hulk, Skaar, and whatever other gamma irradiated family/friends show up. 

This could be a way to introduce Matt Murdoch to the MCU (assuming they don't try to incorporate the Netflix shows into continuity, which I really think they should). If they did, there are a few issues of Soule's run that could get hot, as he had them face off in the courtroom.