• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, divad said:

Did you agree with yourself? :roflmao:

No I actually ignored myself entirely as I didn’t realize I had hit the quote button until after I posted. My split personalities tend to agree most of the time so thankfully I don’t have to worry about that.

Avengers Forever 1-12 is on an upward trend. I would buy as many complete sets as possible now and hold for a long while. I could realistically see this becoming a $200 set on the high end. So many good Kang issues in the series and 12 issues really makes it difficult to complete the set 

19 hours ago, littledoom said:

Avengers Forever 1-12 is on an upward trend. I would buy as many complete sets as possible now and hold for a long while. I could realistically see this becoming a $200 set on the high end. So many good Kang issues in the series and 12 issues really makes it difficult to complete the set 

It should also be noted that there are some variant covers in this run - some pretty early ones, as this came out in 1998. There's a store excusive variant cover for #1 featuring Kang limited to 5000 copies, which is the big one. There are also multiple variants for issue #4 though I don't know any print runs. Right now none of the #4s seem to be any more or less valuable than the others. 

2 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

It should also be noted that there are some variant covers in this run - some pretty early ones, as this came out in 1998. There's a store excusive variant cover for #1 featuring Kang limited to 5000 copies, which is the big one. There are also multiple variants for issue #4 though I don't know any print runs. Right now none of the #4s seem to be any more or less valuable than the others. 

Funny, but issues 1 & 4 are the two issues I'm missing from my run. The rest I picked up when it came out.

On 7/18/2021 at 6:48 PM, Crimebuster said:

Right now none of the #4s seem to be any more or less valuable than the others. 

That will change soon enough . . . (as I have all four variants of #4) :devil:

On 7/8/2021 at 7:12 AM, kevhtx said:

Got my books the other day from the Tynion signing. My 9.8 percentage has been probably 75-80% lately for modern submissions. 16 of 16 9.8's for the in-house signing/grading. :banana:

I must be getting better. ;) 

Are you selling your Thrawn #1 1:50 Matina variant cgc 9.8 ? I'm looking for one. 

On 7/21/2021 at 12:33 AM, babymilo said:

Are you selling your Thrawn #1 1:50 Matina variant cgc 9.8 ? I'm looking for one. 

Sorry, been distracted this week with work. It's up for sale, but Im not in a big hurry to sell it.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, divad said:
On 7/21/2021 at 7:58 AM, kevhtx said:

Sorry, been distracted this week with work. It's up for sale, but Im not in a big hurry to sell it.

If that's not the classic seller's taunt . . . I don't know what is. :roflmao:

tumblr_nbk4czJEiP1rdfgw4o1_500.gif.a71854f623cf6ebc9001e1400c5b78d5.gif

On 7/18/2021 at 9:48 PM, Crimebuster said:

Ya need all the newsstands too!

On 7/24/2021 at 11:12 AM, Wolverinex said:

Wolverine 8. When did this book grow up

Years ago. It hasn’t been a $20 book for a while. Same for 10 also. Sure copies could sell for $20 but ppl have been happy to pay $40-50 for 8 for around 2-3 years now. Lookout for 7 also. Ppl love all versions of the grey hulk and love this blue cover!

Edited by littledoom

On 7/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, littledoom said:

Years ago. It hasn’t been a $20 book for a while. Same for 10 also. Sure copies could sell for $20 but ppl have been happy to pay $40-50 for 8 for around 2-3 years now. Lookout for 7 also. Ppl love all versions of the grey hulk and love this blue cover!

Insane....I always thought it was a 5 to 10 dollar book

On 7/24/2021 at 11:26 AM, littledoom said:
On 7/24/2021 at 11:12 AM, Wolverinex said:

Wolverine 8. When did this book grow up

Years ago. It hasn’t been a $20 book for a while.

:sumo:

On 7/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, Bird said:

news a few days ago about Ruffalo playing Hulk but not smart Hulk...I guess people spec'ing that Joe Fixit may be in the cards? 

And Fixit has been a big staple in Ewing's series as it's ending.  48 was pretty sweet. 

Patrick