• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I thought something must have been up when someone popped by two yellow label 9.8s today, 1 and 2.  Luckily, my full run expired (which I was on the fence about selling anyway).....but I have about a dozen copies of the green number 1 I bought dirt cheap after the series crashed.  

On 3/2/2022 at 5:53 PM, spreads said:

.but I have about a dozen copies of the green number 1 I bought dirt cheap after the series crashed

I had been meaning to do the same but kept putting it off. It’s not like I didn’t have  10 years or anything  :facepalm:

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 3/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I had been meaning to do the same but kept putting it off. It’s not like I didn’t have  10 years or anything  :facepalm:

After I picked up the regular series, I realized the story is actually fantastic.  And there was a very strong reader following that developed....I thought over time issue 1 (with its 3500 print run) was a great buy and I was happy to hold them long-term even if it didn't pan out.....anyways we'll see, happy to have sold my two slabs but if the prices don't spike I won't be selling any of my copies - no need.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:30 AM, spreads said:

After I picked up the regular series, I realized the story is actually fantastic

It really is. This time around, I’m mostly rooting for the show to make it so others can experience and maybe find their way to the books. If I make a few bucks on it, it’s a bonus. 

On 3/3/2022 at 6:11 PM, followtheleader said:

Uhm, Sixth Gun is too legit to quit.  Heh Heh. 

I bought so much of this when it was coming out. 

Would LOOOOOOOVEEEE a series.

Patrick

I think @onlyweaknesskryptonite would post this in response...

:popcorn::headbang:

Black Panther 3 2nd print is hitting $10 now and it comes out 3/9 - it's the first cover of Tosin; I wonder if it'll take off higher or stick around that $7-10 mark?

tosin.thumb.jpg.dc46a51325f5660ff102aa8d827375f3.jpg

On 3/4/2022 at 9:12 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Black Panther 3 2nd print is hitting $10 now and it comes out 3/9 - it's the first cover of Tosin; I wonder if it'll take off higher or stick around that $7-10 mark?

tosin.thumb.jpg.dc46a51325f5660ff102aa8d827375f3.jpg

Depends if a new character pans out or not

On 3/4/2022 at 9:57 AM, Juno Beach said:

Depends if a new character pans out or not

I can't see this having any significant value. FOC clearly listed the cover and people will be backing up the truck for this. Will be overprinted. For a character that has done nothing so far. 

On 3/4/2022 at 11:42 PM, Corona smith said:

I believe they did a 1:25 for the second print so I don’t expect to much out of it. I also believe one of the ratios for BP3 had him in the cover. 

Ah, I think you're right - I think it was that 1:25 first print that goes for crazy $$. I ended up grabbing a couple of the 2nd print right before FOC for around $3 each; I'll probably just hold on to them awhile. Just was curious to see what other people thought about the potential for that one.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 3/4/2022 at 11:48 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Ah, I think you're right - I think it was that 1:25 first print that goes for crazy $$. I ended up grabbing a couple of the 2nd print right before FOC for around $3 each; I'll probably just hold on to them awhile. Just was curious to see what other people thought about the potential for that one.

I grabbed one myself. I find myself grabbing more second, third, etc. prints these days anyway, just in case.

On 10/26/2011 at 11:21 PM, thirdgreenham said:

Since the other thread has passed on, it's only suitable to have a successor.

The purpose of this thread is to share information within this community, on which modern books are doing well, and getting hot, on eBay.

I'm very out of the loop with the moderns, but I will continuously check back with this thread, so I can have a better understanding of the current market.

Thanks in advance to all of the contributors. (worship)

An

On 3/5/2022 at 10:24 AM, Troy Division said:

Noticed Batman #609 is moving briskly on eBay.
Wonder what a 608 RRP (not foil) will pop for now...

(btw...I hope to see finally the movie sometime this weekend...so...no spoilers please)

Damn that book is selling like crazy.   Newsstand over 100. Excellent movie btw.  Can't wait for year 2