• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2022 at 11:50 AM, PossumGrease said:

I thought it had a print run of 7,000? Seems like plenty, but maybe not.

When you consider how many comic shops are in the country, the demand for this book, and the short FOC window, I don’t see many/any being available on the shelves 

It will be going to the first few people who preordered it. I was one of the first to request at my two shops (who limited it to 1 per) and my order was rejected by the shop a day after I put it in. I know of at least one retailer who only received one copy. 

@mycomicshop received 12 copies, which I think will be auctioned off over twelve weeks to support the Hero Initiative. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 3/11/2022 at 10:59 AM, awakeintheashes said:

When you consider how many comic shops are in the country, the demand for this book, and the short FOC window, I don’t see many/any being available on the shelves 

It will be going to the first few people who preordered it. I was one of the first to request at my two shops (who limited it to 1 per) and my order was rejected by the shop a day after I put it in. I know of at least one retailer who only received one copy. 

@mycomicshop received 12 copies, which I think will be auctioned off over twelve weeks to support the Hero Initiative. 

Seems like that shop should have gotten more copies then that. I like what many stores are doing with this book.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:02 PM, fastballspecial said:

Seems like that shop should have gotten more copies then that. I like what many stores are doing with this book.

Yeah, they were expecting more. 7000 is a very small number for this book given the Characters, writer, artist, and publishers involved. Would have been nice if that number was higher.  

On 3/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, they were expecting more. 7000 is a very small number for this book given the Characters, writer, artist, and publishers involved. Would have been nice if that number was higher.  

They were severely allocated. Orders exceeded the 7000. Looks like it’s driving up prices on the earlier printings as well. 

72624A30-0342-4639-A3F6-AE1D2F7FEF25.png

On 3/11/2022 at 2:57 PM, bellrules said:

They were severely allocated. Orders exceeded the 7000. Looks like it’s driving up prices on the earlier printings as well. 

Figured that would happen. 

Yeah, it was clear from the beginning the demand for this book would be far more than 7,000. Anyone who thinks 7,000 would be enough for this book well… I question their knowledge of the industry. 

On 3/9/2022 at 6:12 PM, Lazyboy said:

The MCU movies are based on ongoing, effectively-infinite characters with a long history and a huge variety of stories. The shows mentioned are based on finite, self-contained, finished stories.

Oh, right. 
Because there wasn’t a movie and comic called Civil War and Endgame wasn’t Infinity Gauntlet.

On 3/11/2022 at 2:57 PM, bellrules said:

Glad I never opened my collector's edition. Still sealed and inside a OCA sized Mylite 2. It's been on a bookshelf shelf in home office since 2004.  Not sure how sealed hardcover slipcases are graded but mine looks like a possible 9.9.

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/11/2022 at 3:12 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Figured that would happen. 

Yeah, it was clear from the beginning the demand for this book would be far more than 7,000. Anyone who thinks 7,000 would be enough for this book well… I question their knowledge of the industry. 

Agreed it will bring in older collectors that have dropped out of the new release game. IMHO they could have sold out a 20K or possibly a 25K print run. IMHO who ever did their analytics might want to re-think their career choice.

I would have got one if I could have had it at cover price. Oh well looks like the low print run has spurred new interest in the 2004 and it's beautiful Perez slipcase art which makes an excellent display price that transcends the limitation of comic book format.

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/11/2022 at 8:30 AM, gradejunky said:

At least 5 years...The SW books that have the black action figure ads seem like the ink rubs off of them even just sitting in a box untouched.  You come back a year later and can see black ink on the board.  And yes, I know the glossy side is the correct side to have the book on.  I always cringe when I see YT hauls or other videos where the person slides the book out of the bag, but keeps the board inside. And then slides the book down the board to get back in.  You do that just a few times and you have serious ink loss.

Based on all of the production quality and ink rub issues they are having now, Marvel should just go with white borders around the front and back covers to hide as much damage as they can.....................

On 3/12/2022 at 11:55 AM, MAR1979 said:

Glad I never opened my collector's edition. Still sealed and inside a OCA sized Mylite 2. It's been on a bookshelf shelf in home office since 2004.  Not sure how sealed hardcover slipcases are graded but mine looks like a possible 9.9.

Well there is that and the HC is very hard to find. Ive been looking for a copy for over 10 years out in the wild with no luck. 

On 3/12/2022 at 5:40 PM, fastballspecial said:

Well there is that and the HC is very hard to find. Ive been looking for a copy for over 10 years out in the wild with no luck. 

As I recall 5000 of the 2004 were printed, although some sources show it varying both plus and minus.  Given right after the series concluded a trade was issued, then the Collector's Edition followed, the numbers seem about right given the market saturation of the material at the time.

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/11/2022 at 8:36 AM, awakeintheashes said:
On 3/11/2022 at 8:21 AM, littledoom said:

JLA Avengers 2022

Good luck for anyone trying to get one. 

Is the ink even dry yet? :bigsmile:

On 3/12/2022 at 7:50 PM, divad said:

Is the ink even dry yet? :bigsmile:

Probably just drying lol

I think it was announced last month and Wednesday is its street date. Real quick turnaround, but they wanted to get it out so George Perez could see it, from what I’ve read. Wish it was under better circumstances. 

On 3/12/2022 at 5:30 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Probably just drying lol

I think it was announced last month and Wednesday is its street date. Real quick turnaround, but they wanted to get it out so George Perez could see it, from what I’ve read. Wish it was under better circumstances. 

That’s the reason I heard.  And I’m glad they were able to get it out at all, and that they were able to do it in time for Perez to see it.  It seems to be selling between $200 and $275 at the moment.