• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2022 at 9:46 AM, Tnexus said:

Have any of the 1st apps in Spider-Verse 6 actually been anything more in the comics than a 1st and only app?

My understanding is that these characters were created by fans.  Sea-Spider is a pirate..........sooooo yeah I have no clue what is going on with this book.  By pure luck I happen to have it so I need to get is slabbed and sell it.

On 5/5/2022 at 4:59 AM, LudaToke said:

My understanding is that these characters were created by fans.  Sea-Spider is a pirate..........sooooo yeah I have no clue what is going on with this book.  By pure luck I happen to have it so I need to get is slabbed and sell it.

Yeah definitely. Can't believe raw copies are going for such a premium though

On 5/4/2022 at 2:59 PM, LudaToke said:

With regular turnaround times of about a year good luck with it still being worth anything at that point. I’d sell it if you have it. 

On 5/4/2022 at 3:30 PM, Corona smith said:

With regular turnaround times of about a year good luck with it still being worth anything at that point. I’d sell it if you have it. 

Actually regular turn arounds are running less than 3 months and fast track is just a matter of a couple weeks. I would fast track this book if I had it.  Of course I don't. 

On 5/4/2022 at 5:27 PM, cd4ever said:

Actually regular turn arounds are running less than 3 months and fast track is just a matter of a couple weeks. I would fast track this book if I had it.  Of course I don't. 

I just had 42 slow track Moderns come back yesterday that were received on 1/24/22. :shy:

On 5/4/2022 at 9:55 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The big delay is with pressing. I have submissions from when they raised prices LAST APRIL that are still waiting at CCS. Once they get through there they fly through pretty quick. They may have hired graders, but qualified pressers are more difficult, I suppose.

My presser only takes 2 weeks max. :bigsmile:

On 5/4/2022 at 8:55 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The big delay is with pressing. I have submissions from when they raised prices LAST APRIL that are still waiting at CCS. Once they get through there they fly through pretty quick. They may have hired graders, but qualified pressers are more difficult, I suppose.

Yeah, I'm tempted to bypass pressing, but I'll always wonder if my grades would be better if they were pressed. I just have to suck it up and deal with the TATs as they stand.

Finally I have multiple copies of a wow price modern in Spider-Verse 6.  Unfortunately, 2 of the copies have edge bends that don't break color, but will need much work to correct.  I will have to press 2-3 times with steam and ball bearing in between to try and get them gone.  I have had luck with similar flaws on some books, and others I fail miserably at.  Funny how the Marvel cover stock that is akin to rice paper is so hard to press certain flaws out of.  They are still 9.4ish as they stand.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:36 PM, mr_highgrade said:
On 5/4/2022 at 6:55 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

My presser only takes 2 weeks max. :bigsmile:

My presser doesn't exist. :bigsmile: