• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

In regards to whether Cables first is actually an ad. Generally ads don’t appear in the panels of the story itself. They appear separately on ad pages.

I’d argue that it’s part of the story since it appears in story and it makes sense to show the next antagonist in one panel and the next protagonist in the following.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:40 AM, Corona smith said:

Only if its within 2 weeks of being received back from CGC. 

From my recent experience, I don’t believe they are holding to this. At least it was never mentioned. 

On 5/10/2022 at 6:31 AM, awakeintheashes said:

From my recent experience, I don’t believe they are holding to this. At least it was never mentioned. 

I’ve sent a few books bought off eBay that I’ve been able to get reholdered for free if it was within 2 weeks of it being received back from being graded. 

On 5/10/2022 at 1:46 AM, Corona smith said:

In regards to whether Cables first is actually an ad. Generally ads don’t appear in the panels of the story itself. They appear separately on ad pages.

I’d argue that it’s part of the story since it appears in story and it makes sense to show the next antagonist in one panel and the next protagonist in the following.

Cable is not in a story panel. What story panels have you ever seen that look like that?

You are correct that it is now rare for ads to appear on story pages. This was not always true, though even 30 years ago it wasn't common.

Wolverine's first brief appearance is effectively an ad for the next issue, but is part of the story. Cable is literally pictured in an ad for the next issue that appears on the final story page, after the story ends.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:09 AM, Hekla said:

More Paper Girls activity on eBay the last couple of days due to release of 'first look' trailer. Haven't seen a release date yet.

I read these books with my kids as our bedtime story and they loved them.  I felt it had a Stranger Things vibe from the start and it now looks like this will be Stranger Things for Amazon Prime.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:46 AM, Corona smith said:

Only it clearly doesn't appear in the story. It's after it.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:53 PM, Tnexus said:

At this point I think they're just blindly accepting MEs. I sent a vague message about some scuffs and they just said to send them back for reholdering. No pics even needed.

For about 5 years I never had to send in for ME's. This year quite a few times though and I don't even email anymore, just do the submission. As a matter of fact, I have three more I need to send with cracks in the cases from recent submission returns. The turnaround has been pretty quick though.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:13 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

For about 5 years I never had to send in for ME's. This year quite a few times though and I don't even email anymore, just do the submission. As a matter of fact, I have three more I need to send with cracks in the cases from recent submission returns. The turnaround has been pretty quick though.

Part of me wonders if I can sneak in an old submission that has a flaw.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:35 AM, Tnexus said:

If there is a flaw that you believe was caused during the grading process, fill out a ME submission. (thumbsu I believe there is a time limit for this to be done free, but I cannot find it at the moment on the site.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 5/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:
On 5/11/2022 at 9:35 AM, Tnexus said:

If there is a flaw that you believe was caused during the grading process, fill out a ME submission. (thumbsu I believe there is a time limit for this to be done free, but I cannot find it at the moment on the site.

I believe it is 14 days after receiving.  And I always recommend calling CS before doing the ME process otherwise you could get charged for it if they do not approve the ME submission. 

On 5/13/2022 at 10:23 AM, cd4ever said:

Those will drop quickly once the other 5000 books at CGC currently getting graded come back. Just like those other Gleason covers from last year. 

But the "Jackie" Gleason cover will "Go Straight to the Moon Alice!" :drumroll:

Re: ASM #93, if Chasm becomes a bigger villain in the spider-verse then current prices will find a support since it is demand that drives prices on books............

You have to feel sorry for the Ben Reilly property. He is being treated as a WWE property in flipping from villain/heel to hero and then back time after time. At least prices are finally starting to move on ASM #149 again. That may mean the current heel Reilly aka Chasm has some legs longer term. 

Edited by kimik

On 5/15/2022 at 1:33 PM, kimik said:

Re: ASM #93, if Chasm becomes a bigger villain in the spider-verse then current prices will find a support since it is demand that drives prices on books............

You have to feel sorry for the Ben Reilly property. He is being treated as a WWE property in flipping from villain/heel to hero and then back time after time. At least prices are finally starting to move on ASM #149 again. That may mean the current heel Reilly aka Chasm has some legs longer term. 

*If* Chasm becomes a bigger villain, it will probably still take some time for prices to take off, since so many people in today's market will already have one.