• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2022 at 11:41 AM, PeterPark said:

And then buy my Wonder Man comics! lol

TBH, I kind of felt this way this way with Guardians of the Galaxy, and that was great.

I actually thought the GOTG movie sounded fun especially with Rocket in the mix.  I never thought it would be as great as it was.  The only movie I'm more skeptical of than a Wonder Man show is a Madame Web show (movie).  Both sound like a receipt for a disaster.

Edited by 1Cool

On 6/28/2022 at 11:00 AM, 1Cool said:

I actually thought the GOTG movie sounded fun especially with Rocket in the mix.  I never thought it would be as great as it was.  The only movie I'm more skeptical of then a Wonder Man show is a Madame Web show (movie).  Both sound like a receipt for a disaster.

Makes me wonder (no pun intended) if they will incorporate the Vision into the Wonder Man show. Their origins are inextricably linked.  Might make for a good fight episode, ala Avengers 158 or whatever that issue was.  That's really the only time I enjoyed reading something with him in it.  I know...not modern....

Avengers_Vol_1_158.jpg

On 6/28/2022 at 12:08 PM, cd4ever said:

Makes me wonder (no pun intended) if they will incorporate the Vision into the Wonder Man show. Their origins are inextricably linked.  Might make for a good fight episode, ala Avengers 158 or whatever that issue was.  That's really the only time I enjoyed reading something with him in it.  I know...not modern....

Avengers_Vol_1_158.jpg

They've been fine with tweaking things from the comics to fit the MCU (which works for me as it would take multiple movies or shows to lay out some of the basic framework from the comics). However, I will note that we got a tease of a Grim Reaper visual in WandaVision. They may not have had plans for Wonder Man then, and may have just been having a little fun, but you never know.

I want to say my first introduction to Wonder Man was through the TV show the Comic Book Men.

One of the "clerks" had lost some stuff through hurricane Sandy and the other clerks got George Perez (RIP) to do a original art sketch of the character as a way to restart his collection.

Memorable and thoughtful is how I remember all of the above. :headbang:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/28/2022 at 8:30 PM, Dr Zen said:

My favorite Wonder Man stories are when he is with Beast. And he has to have the safari jacket.

IQqb1eFy_141121230210lola.jpg

Always loved Perez work, so I'm really hoping that safari outfit was the idea of somebody else. It seems to have appeared around the Shooter era, hoping it was him who designed that costume and told Perez to go with it.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I want to say my first introduction to Wonder Man was through the TV show the Comic Book Men.

One of the "clerks" had lost some stuff through hurricane Sandy and the other clerks for George Perez (RIP) to do a original art sketch of the character as a way to restart his collection.

Memorable and thoughtful is how I remember all of the above. :headbang:

This was a great episode of Comic Book Men.

@Jesse-Lee  Did you end up finding a Deathstroke 10 INC cover for Filya Bratukhin?    I was able to get two copies of Agent of Worlde.  Looks like those Batman 124 covers have gone up now too.

Looks like his books were posted on CBI.  

https://comicbookinvest.com/2022/06/28/the-wednesday-one-06-29-22/#comment-60542

Agent-Of-W.O.R.L.D.E.-1.jpg?ssl=1

FOJQiXRXEAgd0H9.thumb.jpg.719d86f342f4a44bcd92152cfe283f01.jpg

Edited by Wolverinex

On 6/29/2022 at 8:29 AM, Wolverinex said:

@Jesse-Lee  Did you end up finding a Deathstroke 10 INC cover for Filya Bratukhin?    I was able to get two copies of Agent of Worlde.  Looks like those Batman 124 covers have gone up now too.

Looks like his books were posted on CBI.  

https://comicbookinvest.com/2022/06/28/the-wednesday-one-06-29-22/#comment-60542

Agent-Of-W.O.R.L.D.E.-1.jpg?ssl=1

FOJQiXRXEAgd0H9.thumb.jpg.719d86f342f4a44bcd92152cfe283f01.jpg

Oh sweet! I never did find the Deathstroke, but it looks like my Agent of Worlde preorder is getting ready to ship.

On 6/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The Ashcans and 1st issue of Agent of Worlde are still available on Scout's website: https://www.scoutcomics.com/collections/chaos-agent

Nice,  most stores have sold out.  Not too expensive on Ebay yet so I picked up a few backups.. several early reviews have said that it's great.  

Crazy James bond sci-fi ride

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-reviews/agent-of-worlde-1-oh-baby-baby-its-a-wild-worlde

Edited by Wolverinex

On 6/29/2022 at 11:35 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Oh sweet! I never did find the Deathstroke, but it looks like my Agent of Worlde preorder is getting ready to ship.

Only 3 copies of the Deathstroke variant on ebay, so looks like these may be harder to find.  Start of Year One.  Selling from 20-49 dollars.