• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2023 at 1:40 PM, Kramerica said:

The "1st Joe Fixit" is a flat out lie. Pretty uncool.

How about for next time try something ever so slightly convivial perhaps.

Mr Fixit's true first appearance is Hulk... blah blah, it was a delightful read, etc etc

You'll be surprised how much life improves for those who run into you :foryou:

Edited by Microchip

On 7/14/2023 at 2:11 PM, World Devourer said:

There seems to be some interest in the Death of Superman foil set (particularly the Blue version). A good set to buy now and hold onto for the long term.

Now that a certain very circular argument has been capped, I'll try again. 

Any thoughts on this matter?

On 7/12/2023 at 8:25 PM, Zonker said:

Just imagine... if it only had been...

Hide contents

A newsstand!  :flipbait:

:jokealert:

Joke my foot! Sheer marketing brilliance! Call Marvel and DC marketing!

New variant cover idea — Now that newsstand editions are no longer produced out of necessity, simply create 1:100 newsstand variants by printing a UPC box on some books anyway! 

You’re all welcome! 

teehee….. :foryou:

On 7/14/2023 at 6:57 PM, Microchip said:

What the heck!    Why are people paying more than double the standard 9.8... comic collectors really just don't know the hobby at all.

image.thumb.png.da9bae8424330fa5540cc0568818897a.png

Spending $500 on anything that doesn’t have a significant meaning to me is out of the question. 

It’s hard to imagine this book means that much to so many people. 

Or, people have a much different perspective of what’s meaningful. 

:shiftyeyes:

On 7/14/2023 at 11:16 PM, World Devourer said:

Now that a certain very circular argument has been capped, I'll try again. 

Any thoughts on this matter?

These covers have been flooded way too heavily with virtually no changes to the content. I expect a huge tanking in value over the next 12 months.

Edited by Tnexus

On 7/15/2023 at 11:23 AM, D2 said:

Spending $500 on anything that doesn’t have a significant meaning to me is out of the question. 

It’s hard to imagine this book means that much to so many people. 

Or, people have a much different perspective of what’s meaningful. 

:shiftyeyes:

Especially when issue #7 features Joe Fixit as well but it's worth a fraction of #8. Here you're just paying for the cover.

Edited by Kramerica

On 7/15/2023 at 1:42 PM, Lazyboy said:

Yup. They're garbage and nobody cares.

Except those for their own reasons who have been buying my graded copies - and many others. Just like Spidey #7, most versions of these Superman foils are selling very well graded. I'll take it all the way to the bank regardless of who thinks these are garbage. :) So be it, I've made several thousand on garbage...(thumbsu

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 7/16/2023 at 4:07 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Except those for their own reasons who have been buying my graded copies - and many others. Just like Spidey #7, most versions of these Superman foils are selling very well graded. I'll take it all the way to the bank regardless of who thinks these are garbage. :) So be it, I've made several thousand on garbage...(thumbsu

That's the reason I asked. For "garbage" they certainly seem to be selling well, especially the 1,000 copy run of the blue variety. 

On 7/16/2023 at 1:07 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Good for you!

Do you think you're the first person to make money selling garbage?

As long as we’re not the ones buying garbage. I know a lot of sellers that take advantage every time some influencer or App releases new lists. They’re listing those books and making good money on what’s essentially drek. Most use the proceeds to buy books that have actual importance or meaning. 

Edited by Corona smith