• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2023 at 7:01 AM, Kramerica said:

Especially when issue #7 features Joe Fixit as well but it's worth a fraction of #8. Here you're just paying for the cover.

In the slab era, covers count unfortunately.    I've no great love for #8, but all we can say is that has a slightly cool cover (shrug)

On 7/16/2023 at 6:08 PM, Microchip said:

In the slab era, covers count unfortunately.

Why "unfortunately"? Only 1st apps and "keys" should be collected?

As for Wolverine 8, even when I was kid (before "slab era") I wanted that book for the cover. And Hulk 340. And a bunch more.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:03 PM, divad said:
On 7/16/2023 at 10:37 PM, smarkjobber said:

No, absolutely not. :foryou:

Good point. Hot/classic covers should be collected as well. 

Edited by kimik

On 7/16/2023 at 10:24 PM, kimik said:
On 7/16/2023 at 10:03 PM, divad said:
On 7/16/2023 at 9:37 PM, smarkjobber said:

No, absolutely not. :foryou:

Good point. Hot/classic covers should be collected as well. 

All books should be collected. :sumo:

On 7/16/2023 at 10:06 PM, kimik said:

The Extreme Venomverse #4 Okazaki 1:25 is a tad hot right now. 

Still holding strong despite being more than a week old which is nice to see. Maybe the modern market has bottomed and is starting to turn up again based on interest/sales I am seeing on eBay.

Void Rivals #1 1:100 is still fetching $200ish raw as well.

Edited by kimik

On 7/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, kimik said:

Still holding strong despite being more than a week old which is nice to see. Maybe the modern market has bottomed and is starting to turn up again based on interest/sales I am seeing on eBay.

I wish that Void Rivals #1 1:100 would tank a little for a bit out of selfishness so I can pickup a copy at least at a decent price. Who knows long term if that book will ever amount to anything, but the Transformers fan in me would like to add it to my PC.

On 7/21/2023 at 10:18 AM, captainzombie said:
On 7/21/2023 at 9:14 AM, kimik said:

I wish that Void Rivals #1 1:100 would tank a little for a bit out of selfishness so I can pickup a copy at least at a decent price. Who knows long term if that book will ever amount to anything, but the Transformers fan in me would like to add it to my PC.

I am wondering if it will have legs longer term and be worth more than the $250 I got for my copy. Then again, with my bulk discount that almost covered the cost of my entire 100 copy purchase so it was worth it. 

The Extreme Venomverse #4 is much nicer. Buy 25 copies at a bulk discount and see a nice 2-3x on your investment from the variant.

Edited by kimik

On 7/21/2023 at 12:50 PM, kimik said:

I am wondering if it will have legs longer term and be worth more than the $250 I got for my copy. Then again, with my bulk discount that almost covered the cost of my entire 100 copy purchase so it was worth it. 

The Extreme Venomverse #4 is much nicer. Buy 25 copies at a bulk discount and see a nice 2-3x on your investment from the variant.

I guess it all depends on how well Kirkman can build up the Energon universe and if Void Rivals in general can have legs moving forward. I haven't read issue #2 yet that came out this week, but I did enjoy #1. I so wish that spoilers never came out with regards to #1, but that is my fault too looking into it. LOL!

I do have the EV#4 1:25 which I did get at $50, but it was worth it as a Venom fan + I get a modern book that will probably hold its value due to a cool cover and character.

Good thing that you didn't pay anything crazy on these after you do sell your other books.

Now Venom #23 which is coming out next week may end up also getting some heat. With the new Toxin being unveiled and then there is also a new symbiote that is getting some hype and will be bonding another hero in Venom #26 or 27 from what I was reading.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:31 PM, captainzombie said:

I guess it all depends on how well Kirkman can build up the Energon universe and if Void Rivals in general can have legs moving forward. I haven't read issue #2 yet that came out this week, but I did enjoy #1. I so wish that spoilers never came out with regards to #1, but that is my fault too looking into it. LOL!

I do have the EV#4 1:25 which I did get at $50, but it was worth it as a Venom fan + I get a modern book that will probably hold its value due to a cool cover and character.

Good thing that you didn't pay anything crazy on these after you do sell your other books.

Now Venom #23 which is coming out next week may end up also getting some heat. With the new Toxin being unveiled and then there is also a new symbiote that is getting some hype and will be bonding another hero in Venom #26 or 27 from what I was reading.

The issue with Venom #23 is the top end ratio was 1:200 and there have been so man new symbiotes and hosts that I wonder whether the hype will last. Looking at the action on the 1:200s, it may be sub-$100 asap.

On 7/21/2023 at 1:53 PM, kimik said:

The issue with Venom #23 is the top end ratio was 1:200 and there have been so man new symbiotes and hosts that I wonder whether the hype will last. Looking at the action on the 1:200s, it may be sub-$100 asap.

It is weird too with this one because there is a 1:300 Insignia Variant which I was hoping to be able to get, but the prices were out of control during FOC. I was able to get 2 of the 1:200s, one at a decent price and the other one I overpaid like a dummy, but who knows, people do love their symbiotes and I can cash in on one of these down the road.

I looked today and even the 1:300 is at $200 which is much less than the price at FOC. Maybe it will drop a bit so I can get one.

https://the616comics.com/products/venom-23-insignia-1-300-virgin-ratio-variant?variant=45624832491838

On 7/21/2023 at 1:52 PM, captainzombie said:

It is weird too with this one because there is a 1:300 Insignia Variant which I was hoping to be able to get, but the prices were out of control during FOC. I was able to get 2 of the 1:200s, one at a decent price and the other one I overpaid like a dummy, but who knows, people do love their symbiotes and I can cash in on one of these down the road.

I looked today and even the 1:300 is at $200 which is much less than the price at FOC. Maybe it will drop a bit so I can get one.

https://the616comics.com/products/venom-23-insignia-1-300-virgin-ratio-variant?variant=45624832491838

Don't chase the 1:300 yet. It will drop further. I hate when Marvel cheaps out on the highest ratio and does not feature the character but just re-uses art instead.

Edited by kimik

On 7/21/2023 at 2:00 PM, captainzombie said:

I will wait it out on that 1:300 for sure after what I had paid on one of the 1:200s. I guess lesson learned. LOL!

Don't chase ratios until a week or two after they are released. You will save a ton of $$$ if you are patient.

On 7/21/2023 at 3:02 PM, kimik said:

Don't chase ratios until a week or two after they are released. You will save a ton of $$$ if you are patient.

Usually I'm pretty good at that, but with Venom being one of my favorite characters I fell into the trap well knowing that these ratios tend to drop off.