• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

(guessing) Adventure Time #1 or Batwoman 6 (new semi invincible armor and really nice variant cover).

Adventure Time 1 (finn & jake) with 4 variants sold for $85.00 on ebay. Almost grabbed a few of those today.

after some research Adventure Time 1 seems pretty darn hot.....hrm. Reminds me of when Ren & Stimpy first came out in a comic.

Edited by krighton

(guessing) Adventure Time #1 or Batwoman 6 (new semi invincible armor and really nice variant cover).

Adventure Time 1 (finn & jake) with 4 variants sold for $85.00 on ebay. Almost grabbed a few of those today.

after some research Adventure Time 1 seems pretty darn hot.....hrm. Reminds me of when Ren & Stimpy first came out in a comic.

My kids love the show I could do without it, but its better then a few out there lately.

i think the difference with Fatale is the horror aspect...it's that touch of flavor that their other books didn't have. jmo.

Absolutely could be! I could be wrong and it will be interesting to see that is for sure. To me that is part of the hobby I enjoy and it helps to hone the skills for future investment books.

I have missed on a few and done well on many and those that I missed on...I never saw coming lol

I agree with your analysis of Fatale. And I'd tend to add Morning Glories to your list of WD and Chew although not past # 1.

Why is that on Chew though? I am not asking it sarcasticly either its well known I think the book is :censored:, but why hasnt the rest hit fire year? I would think with such a high value on 1 the others should have fallen in line by now. I do see some increase just its not following the pattern of WD I dont think. Although 13 and its reprints were very hot for awhile.

I wouldnt put MG up there just yet only because I am not sure the writer is going to keep his audience if they dont start tying up some stuff soon. It is currently holding its value for the most part right now.

lol

That's it!

Plus they have some show variants coming up and I thought I might try a put a full set together for fun.

Millions watch the show and the line for the tiny figure that was free at NYCC was outrageous, along with the life size Jake the Dog people were going nuts...

If just a small percentage of those millions get interested, it becomes a solid book.

And this is the fun of it...

I would take 100 Adventure Times over 100 Fatales easy.

But again, that's just me...

I think if a person can make money on Fatale or Adventure Time now, do it. Hang on to some, but get that initial investment back whenever you can and the rest is gravy!

lol

That's it!

Plus they have some show variants coming up and I thought I might try a put a full set together for fun.

Millions watch the show and the line for the tiny figure that was free at NYCC was outrageous, along with the life size Jake the Dog people were going nuts...

If just a small percentage of those millions get interested, it becomes a solid book.

Wow, didn't know it was that popular. Never actually seen the toon.

I was lucky enough to speculate this morning at my LCS on Adventure Time 1:30 Variant and the Conan Variant. I went back after work and all the Adventure Time 1:25 variants were gone.

I'd like to know the sales data to know how many of each variant were made for AT.

Does anyone know anyone at BOOM!?

lol

That's it!

You're not missing much in my opinion. Now our 9yr old loves it but he's more into Simpson comics.

lol

That's it!

You're not missing much in my opinion. Now our 9yr old loves it but he's more into Simpson comics.

Maybe that's why I missed it because we're still stuck in the Dora and Olivia stage. lol

lol

That's it!

Maybe that's why I missed it because we're still stuck in the Dora and Olivia stage. lol

Oh God yes,my grandson is into Yo Gabba Gabba.I can recite every song from all three. doh!

lol

That's it!

Oh God yes,my grandson is into Yo Gabba Gabba.I can recite every song from all three. doh!

lol Yeah, that's too weird for me and I don't let her watch that. They do have a book coming out for FCBD, though. ;)

I have a 9 year old so I can indulge and sit and enjoy it lol

We grew out of Dora really fast thankfully for me. I think a lot of these cartoons have their place and wonderful to see their taste in shows evolve...

Personally besides maybe Childrens Hospital and Venture Bros. I find shows like Mad, Adventure Time & Regular Show much more entertaining and clever then talking fast food products or squids that are hillbillies...

We grew out of Dora really fast thankfully for me. I think a lot of these cartoons have their place and wonderful to see their taste in shows evolve...

Personally besides maybe Childrens Hospital and Venture Bros. I find shows like Mad, Adventure Time & Regular Show much more entertaining and clever then talking fast food products or squids that are hillbillies...

lol Indeed.

I saw short ads for Adventure Time one day and it reminded me of Eek the Cat kind of stuff. Maybe I'll pretend I'm introducing my little girl to it and watch it one time so my wife won't trip on me. lol

I was looking up walking dead books on Ebay and came across some more shill bidding on #19 cgc ss 9.0. Check out the bid histories on it. I was excited when I saw this book sold for 138 on gpa because I bought the 9.2 that sold last year. Now I am back to just being happy I have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-19-CGC-9-0-Double-Signature-/250976532658?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6f5df8b2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250984995778

Mads is pretty cool.

After someone mentioned about Uncharted #1, I threw my copy on eBay and its currently at £10.50/$17.00, its a good read and in the same fun vein as the games but not sure why this is selling well!