• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I essentially stopped selling 27's because I thought they would get a bump soon. 9.8's are a top 10 WD seller in price. I haven't seen many raws lately.

Of course anything you want to sell just let me know. ;)

I think you guys are talking about 2 different things. The previous poster is referring to 27 the series, not WD #27. You are both correct.

You're right, I should have been more specific. I meant '27' the series, not WD #27

I too was thinking WD #27, which comic is this again?

It was the one with the 27 year old musician that couldn't play anymore and had to make a deal to continue. Lots of speculation that went nowhere fast

You're right, I should have been more specific. I meant '27' the series, not WD #27

I too was thinking WD #27, which comic is this again?

It was the one with the 27 year old musician that couldn't play anymore and had to make a deal to continue. Lots of speculation that went nowhere fast

OIC, Thanks,

Our last LCS folded so I miss a lot of moderns. We have a local book store who does okay but mostly covers the main titles with a few misc indys.

doh!

A zero feedback bidder?

Me?

Nope. Paid immediately and positive feedback received after arrival.

There aren't often many copies of TWD 19 out there. And most are graded. Mine was the only raw copy out there at the time. Alot of TWD collectors actually want raw copies they can look at. Imagine that.

doh!

A zero feedback bidder?

Me?

There aren't often many copies of TWD 19 out there. And most are graded. Mine was the only raw copy out there at the time. Alot of TWD collectors actually want raw copies they can look at. Imagine that.

But to pay more for a raw copy than a graded copy is strange. Just crack it out. There are sufficient raws to not pay that kind of money.

doh!

A zero feedback bidder?

Me?

But to pay more for a raw copy than a graded copy is strange. Just crack it out. There are sufficient raws to not pay that kind of money.

+1

doh!

A zero feedback bidder?

Me?

It's funny in college, I passed on about 30 of these for 0.25 cents each in a bargin bin :(. The only thing I feel better about is they had a red dot on the top of the books, but still.....

doh!

A zero feedback bidder?

Me?

+1 it deserves a :facepalm:

I'm amazed at how many people will not buy slabbed books because they want to read them. I hear it all the time at cons listening to other customers talk. I've told people exactly what you said about cracking it open, but they can't seem to process it.

Do they think they are guarded by force fields or something? Impossible to open? lol

most every comic has some type of tpb out now...why not just read that and keep the original slabbed. I wouldn't pay $180 for a comic to end up either sneezing on it, dropping a burrito into it or having the cat start eating it (our cat eats paper).

Edited by krighton

I'm amazed at how many people will not buy slabbed books because they want to read them. I hear it all the time at cons listening to other customers talk. I've told people exactly what you said about cracking it open, but they can't seem to process it.

+1

Somehow the idea of buying a slab and cracking it does not enter people's minds.

Don't get me wrong. It's a great sale if you can get it. It's just that it's definitely an outlier and there must have been some other reason why they would overpay so much.