• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

i think ToT is benefiting from Walking Dead Mania. Which is ok by me. Anyone who bought a few of these at the start was guessing (correctly) that lightning might strike twice with Kirkman.

does Kirkman have anything to do w/ this book beyond the story idea?

his name is on it, that's all it really needs.

:screwy:

i think ToT is benefiting from Walking Dead Mania. Which is ok by me. Anyone who bought a few of these at the start was guessing (correctly) that lightning might strike twice with Kirkman.

does Kirkman have anything to do w/ this book beyond the story idea?

his name is on it, that's all it really needs.

:screwy:

it's hot because it was a Kirkman idea and because it's Kirkman pushing the pilot. That he's involved is apparently enough. Maybe he'll write an arc in the future.

The first two issues are much better than I thought they would be, but let's face it, the story premises doesn't have the potential of TWD at all.

TWD and ToT are two totally different Genres and appeals to different groups. The WD has been out longer building a larger fan base but this doesn't mean ToT doesn't have the potential for the same success. ToT has a similar feel to Dexter for example and could tap into it's fan base.

The first two issues are much better than I thought they would be, but let's face it, the story premises doesn't have the potential of TWD at all.

TWD and ToT are two totally different Genres and appeals to different groups. The WD has been out longer building a larger fan base but this doesn't mean ToT doesn't have the potential for the same success. ToT has a similar feel to Dexter for example and could tap into it's fan base.

....... which is much, much smaller than the TWD fan base. The thief / noir genre isn't going to appeal to 10M plus people regularly on the TV screen.

....... which is much, much smaller than the TWD fan base. The thief / noir genre isn't going to appeal to 10M plus people regularly on the TV screen.

Non-mainstream shows generally appeal to the same type of person who regularly buys collectibles though. Dr. Who, James Bond, The Prisoner, Star Trek, Outer Limits/Twilight Zone type shows might not have the numbers that TWD has, but the fanbases for them are very ravenous in their desires to own pieces of their beloved slices of entertainment.

Non-mainstream shows generally appeal to the same type of person who regularly buys collectibles though. Dr. Who, James Bond, The Prisoner, Star Trek, Outer Limits/Twilight Zone type shows might not have the numbers that TWD has, but the fanbases for them are very ravenous in their desires to own pieces of their beloved slices of entertainment.

I agree about the collectible comment, but shows like Leverage and White Collar prove that heist shows are still hot. People like watching likable thieves. It will be interesting to see if the non-tights growth in the comic industry will translate into increasing sales. I wonder if Redmond action figures would sell even if the show was a smash hit?

I agree about the collectible comment, but shows like Leverage and White Collar prove that heist shows are still hot. People like watching likable thieves. It will be interesting to see if the non-tights growth in the comic industry will translate into increasing sales. I wonder if Redmond action figures would sell even if the show was a smash hit?

NOT collectible comments!

NOT TV shows!

NOT Redmond action figures!

NOT TV shows!

You're really being a cry baby about the forum conversation. Obviously the sucess of Thief of Thieves as a television show/series/concept is important to the future and current heat that it is experiencing in the market. The notion that you want to limit the conversation in the thread to "Walking Dead 48 is up $10 this week" is depressing at best. :kidaround:relax! Life's too short to get all bent out of shape becasue someone's responsive CGC Board post doesn't squarley fit in mental compartment you conceive that it should.

]

You're really being a cry baby about the forum conversation. Obviously the sucess of Thief of Thieves as a television show/series/concept is important to the future and current heat that it is experiencing in the market. The notion that you want to limit the conversation in the thread to "Walking Dead 48 is up $10 this week" is depressing at best. :kidaround:relax! Life's too short to get all bent out of shape becasue someone's responsive CGC Board post doesn't squarley fit in mental compartment you conceive that it should.

(thumbs u

]

(thumbs u

+1

Chillax.

NOT TV shows!

Strange that cos I think you're a

NOT TV shows!

Strange that cos I think you're a

This post is :signofftopic:

Get back on track, please!