• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Wasn't The Vault supposed to be the next big thing? What happened with that?

Apple/Oranges there. The Vault was a mini series that had the movie rights bought after the first issue was published.

It was pretty good, but it wasnt an ongoing, wasnt a TV show, and wasnt written by Kirkman.

The Vault will go up again if/when the movie comes up, but not like TWD or ToT levels.

In regards to ToT, I think we've seen this movie (or, I guess, TV show) before. About this time last year Locke & Key was tearing it up based on a TV development deal. L&K made it all the way to pilot, but wasn't picked up by the network. Bottom fell out of the L&K market as a result.

Nothing is guaranteed with ToT and a TV adaptation. Far more of these deals die than ever make it to the air.

My point still stands that there is a bigger market out there for heist/crime fiction than there is Zombies. It is just down to quality, Walking dead has been a fantastic success because of its quality and I think Thief of thieves could be just as big if not bigger because of the larger audience for heist/crime fiction.

Exactly, and not only for the ToT vs WD market discussion, but for the comics themselves. At the end of the day, what drives true demand is people wanting to own and read the books. If ToT evolves into a consistently great read month after month, it'll be ok. If it doesn't, it'll fade off.

I wonder how many of those are boardies just watching to see what it does.

Guilty as charged.

I think TWD has really 'bitten' people with the, I want free and easy ebay money bug. Now everything is being compared to TWD.

I'm hoping this increase in market sales brings forth new, fresh projects like ToT that otherwise got passed up instantly. If ToT does well in the long run, I'm hoping that will be the case.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Buy Kirkman & Buy Often

How many copies of Haunt & Astounding Wolfman do you own?

i've got boatloads of SuperPatriot, Brit, Capes, Tech Jacket and MTU as well. I'm gonna be filthy stinkin rich.

Edited by paperheart

Buy Kirkman & Buy Often

i've got boatloads of SuperPatriot, Brit, Capes, Tech Jacket and MTU as well. I'm gonna be filthy stinkin rich.

I agree the guy don't :censored: gold. Haunt isnt burning up the charts. Too many people read these boards for advice like that to be given.

Buy Kirkman & Buy Often

I agree the guy don't :censored: gold. Haunt isnt burning up the charts. Too many people read these boards for advice like that to be given.

Another of his titles that comes to mind is Super Dinosaur.

Buy Kirkman & Buy Often

+1. Nothing against Kirkman, but if one writer could generate that type of heat for every project he worked on, wouldn't it be Neil Gaiman? or Alan Moore?

Buy Kirkman & Buy Often

+1. Nothing against Kirkman, but if one writer could generate that type of heat for every project he worked on, wouldn't it be Neil Gaiman? or Alan Moore?

that was then, this is now ;)

I bought my ToT #1 for $10. I called to see if they still had copies. The guy said "we have four, and they're $10 each." So I get there, and they have 6 copies. Then I noticed the $25 price tag. The guy didn't realize the price was raised when he told me $10. So, he offered me one for $15. I took it. My shop still has a couple #2's & 3's.

from my slickdeals days...the rule is never call ahead..it just alerts them that something is potentially hot.

Maybe. But if I just showed up, I wouldn't have gotten the $15 deal. Plus, wasting gas money is worse. If ur gonna flip books, u can't waste money driving to shops that don't have books u can flip.