• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

On todays The Market - the top 10 Most Watched Graded books:

• Ultimate Spider-Man #160 sketch Variant SS 9.8
  • Walking Dead #1 9.8
  • Thief of Thieves #1 9.8
  • Wolverine #1 Campbell Variant 9.8
  • Batman #1 9.8
  • Chew #1 9.8
  • Avengers Vs X-Men #1 SS 9.8
  • Detective Comics #1 9.8
  • Amazing Spider-Man #606 SS 9.8
  • Captain America #25 Wizard Variant SS 9.8

Be sure to follow the link to see how many watchers are on each book! (thumbs u

any chance of doing raw books?

• Walking Dead #1 9.8
  • Batman #1 9.8
  • Chew #1 9.8

if you go to the Lyria link you can make that choice!

• Walking Dead #1 9.8
  • Batman #1 9.8
  • Chew #1 9.8

if you go to the Lyria link you can make that choice!

good to know. thanks

• Walking Dead #1 9.8
  • Batman #1 9.8
  • Chew #1 9.8

This is one of the best posts in a long time. Thanks for this whetton! The number of watchers imo, can help put more weight on the final value of a comic. of course there are always guys like me who own the issue and just want to find out how much someone is willing to pay for it :devil:

I got my Wolverine #1 9.8 about 5 months ago or so and already I've made a 50% profit on it (assuming I sold it today), my 2nd most profitable book, by percentages (2nd to my WD1 of course - got my WD 1 in October 2011 for $550, man o man) :grin:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Thief of Thieves Related Weirdness.

I just listed my 2nd of two TOT sets. They include a CGC 9.8 copy of #1 (first print) and raw copies of 2-5. The first lot sold for $160. I little lower than what they were going for a couple weeks ago, but I'm happy with the profit.

This second one I listed at $149 with a best offer option. Some 9.8 copies are now out there for around $100, so I felt like I was at the top end of the market, but adding the 2-5 might make the sale.

I received this message from another eBay user:

"Why don't you raise the price on this item to $25 lower than the other listed books and include the best offer option. There's only 200 copies of this book and your low price has crippled the market for the book by making it appear that the demand for the title is non-existent. Please don't take this message the wrong way, I'm just offering some friendly advise."

I told the guy that there were plenty of other people out there selling it cheaper than me and asked if he was messaging all of them as well. I also told him that all of his assumptions were wrong and to never contact me again.

Has anyone else ran into someone trying to increase the market value of a book in this way? So freaking weird.

I just listed my 2nd of two TOT sets. They include a CGC 9.8 copy of #1 (first print) and raw copies of 2-5. The first lot sold for $160. I little lower than what they were going for a couple weeks ago, but I'm happy with the profit.

This second one I listed at $149 with a best offer option. Some 9.8 copies are now out there for around $100, so I felt like I was at the top end of the market, but adding the 2-5 might make the sale.

"Why don't you raise the price on this item to $25 lower than the other listed books and include the best offer option. There's only 200 copies of this book and your low price has crippled the market for the book by making it appear that the demand for the title is non-existent. Please don't take this message the wrong way, I'm just offering some friendly advise."

I told the guy that there were plenty of other people out there selling it cheaper than me and asked if he was messaging all of them as well. I also told him that all of his assumptions were wrong and to never contact me again.

Has anyone else ran into someone trying to increase the market value of a book in this way? So freaking weird.

Who was the eBay user? :popcorn:

The guy doesn't even have a 100 feedback rating, so I don't know if I should out him. I just looked and he doesn't even have one for sale right now, which is strange. Why bother me about it if he doesn't really have any skin in the game?

What the hell. It's slutty behavior and if someone knows who it is, fess up.

username gsidiropolis

lol when you google his username a facebook shows up and I am 100% sure it is him.

Under interests it lists Chew. It also has some funny judge / jury facts but I won't get into that. Google it to see for yourself!

Dude, just sell the book for whatever price you want. It's your book. I remember several times when peeps PMd me about killing the market on a rare book for just showing multiple copies on a thread. F them. Your're the owner of the book you own and paid for...no one else. 2c

Dude, just sell the book for whatever price you want. It's your book. I remember several times when peeps PMd me about killing the market on a rare book for just showing multiple copies on a thread. F them. Your're the owner of the book you own and paid for...no one else. 2c

Welcome back!! :applause:

Werd. Do what you want and F them. They are asking you to manipulate the market, but the free choices that you make are a part of the market.