• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

9.8 of Saga 1 RRP is heating up on EBAY:

[link removed]

Would it still be heating up if you weren't the one selling it on eBay?

Promoting your auctions outside of the dedicated eBay forum is (tsk)

In my experience most retailers have a stock pile of Saga #1s that they are waiting for the right time to sell.

I know of two stores where the owners are doing this, one being a vintage comic focused retailer.

I'm starting to feel like Saga #1 is a circle jerk in terms of its value.

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

9.8 of Saga 1 RRP is heating up on EBAY:

[link removed]

Would it still be heating up if you weren't the one selling it on eBay?

Promoting your auctions outside of the dedicated eBay forum is (tsk)

mschmidt is a-right. (thumbs u

First, you didn't post any of those completed auctions (which would serve as valid data points)...you linked to YOUR auction which had absolutely no bids on it. How exactly does that show that a book is "heating up"...?

No one was saying that the book is not hot...they are saying that you can't pimp your own auction in this forum. You weren't posting YOUR book to prove that the book is hot, you were posting YOUR book in the hopes that someone might bid on it.

And, if you'd actually like to discuss the current sales trend on this book, let's put those completed sales results in chronological order, shall we...?

$606

$699

$750

$400

$459

Looking at it in this context, I certainly don't see a book that is "heating up". If anything, it started off hot and has cooled off dramatically. Looks like $425 is about what you can hope to expect for it.

for those of you who rely upon conical sales to earn a living

I had no idea the market for cones was so robust!

117782.HELLO+AND+WELCOME%20TO+LAST+WEEK!.jpg

:hi:

Coming from the king of the late responses, I bear this shame with honor.

First, you didn't post any of those completed auctions (which would serve as valid data points)...you linked to YOUR auction which had absolutely no bids on it. How exactly does that show that a book is "heating up"...?

No one was saying that the book is not hot...they are saying that you can't pimp your own auction in this forum. You weren't posting YOUR book to prove that the book is hot, you were posting YOUR book in the hopes that someone might bid on it.

And, if you'd actually like to discuss the current sales trend on this book, let's put those completed sales results in chronological order, shall we...?

$606

$699

$750

$400

$459

Looking at it in this context, I certainly don't see a book that is "heating up". If anything, it started off hot and has cooled off dramatically. Looks like $425 is about what you can hope to expect for it.

Pwned. +1

I can't stand it... You are just to smart for me....Golly gee Batman... can we get beyond this...I really don't wish to debate a board memebr. you win....I loose... do you feel better now? Or are there many more points you wish to make to show how superior you are? Really? What is hot to you doesn't mean it is hot to someone else and vise versa...I was just stating an opionion to try and garner some conversation...If I wanted to get picked apart on every point I will hang up a dart board....I am sorry my point of view does not mesh with yours...Please except my humble appology...

(thumbs u

Edited by krey

I can't stand it... You are just to smart for me....Golly gee Batman... can we get beyond this...I really don't wish to debate a board memebr. you win....I loose... do you feel better now? Or are there many more points you wish to make to show how superior you are? Really? What is hot to you doesn't mean it is hot to someone else and vise versa...I was just stating an opionion to try and garner some conversation...If I wanted to get picked apart on every point I will hang up a dart board....I am sorry my point of view does not mesh with yours...Please except my humble appology...

(thumbs u

Stupidity isn't against the law, but...it certainly is unattractive to flaunt it like that.

You seem to have a hard time grasping the point here. If you want to discuss whether or not a book is heating up, great. You can do this by supplying links to completed auctions whose sales will back up your opinion. But...your original post does not have any salient sales date of any kind...it is only used to pimp your own auction (which has no bids). Your post was as factually relevant as if I posted a picture of Hell Yeah #4 with absolutely no sales data of any kind, and said, "HEATING UP!". Get it?

So, once more for clarity:

DO NOT PIMP YOUR AUCTIONS ON THIS FORUM

Are we clear now?

WOW! I am done, you can no longer be a comedian now that you don't have an audience....

Any by the way we are clear you are obviously the one flaunting....

lol

:screwy:

Board etiquette, dictionary and self help program. In that order. ;)