• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

The maturity of you two members on this board is incredible. It seems to me someones item (who you have enjoyed beating up) just sold as a B.I.N. Now these following words of wisdom are for your enjoyment...

A famous person once quoted:

now I quote:

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Another very famous author quoted:

Now I quote:

"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Now you "boys" can go Google these quotes and find their author's and probably about a hundred famous other quotes on the subject that you both appear to be experts at. But my suggestion is, don't humor yourselves. Because your famous comebacks are easily searchable on Google and we all know (wink, wink) that you really didn't come up with them yourselves.

My suggestion is that you get a "job" and/or a "girlfriend" and leave the board members alone who are trying to sell legitimately on these boards and not by scaring others in to pretending their items aren't worth anything...or that you only have the knowledge as to what is hot or what is not (catchy phrase).

Or is it only you who think that selling a Walking Dead #1 in the sales thread is the only one in existence? I am sure (wink, wink) that there are some of us who have a Walking Dead #1 9.9 and kind of chuckle at your boorish attempt at making an extra $100.

Now, days ago I sincerely apologized at your suggestions of not pushing items for sale in anything other than the sales thread. My defense is that I am new to these "specific" threads, not new to others immaturity. Now I want the others who read this to know that these comments are at the following two individuals and not at any others. I mean no disrespect to any of you, just trying to let these two boys know it really is time to grow up and get a job...

Members being referred to (well instead of listing their I.D.s I am sure you all can figure out to whom I am referring):

1.) jj******s

2.) Hu**R***n

Wow. Why am I being attacked? I made 1 comment before the one today and all I did was laugh at someone else's comment. Today's included the :baiting: emotocon, which obviously worked. Had I known your feelings get hurt easier than a 7 year old girls, I wouldn't have made a joking post.

Here's a quote you can google:

"You seem a little irritable. You got some sand in your va**na?

Now I want the others who read this to know that these comments are at the following two one individuals and not at any others. I mean no disrespect to any of you, just trying to let these two boys this one girl know it really is time to grow up and get a job...

Members being referred to (well instead of listing their I.D.s I am sure you all can figure out to whom I am referring):

1.) Kre*

Wow. Why am I being attacked? I made 1 comment before the one today and all I did was laugh at someone else's comment. Today's included the :baiting: emotocon, which obviously worked. Had I known your feelings get hurt easier than a 7 year old girls, I wouldn't have made a joking post.

Here's a quote you can google:

"You seem a little irritable. You got some sand in your va**na?

Now I want the others who read this to know that these comments are at the following two one individuals and not at any others. I mean no disrespect to any of you, just trying to let these two boys this one girl know it really is time to grow up and get a job...

1.) Kre*

I'm surprised you didn't refute the claim of not having a job and/or girlfriend!

Even though sometimes I do think those are imaginary :acclaim:

Oh and jjeanius...there's no reason or place for a dreadful WD #1 9.6 in your collection, I'll humbly take that dreadful piece of scrap off your hands for you. :wishluck:

for those of you who rely upon conical sales to earn a living

I had no idea the market for cones was so robust!

117782.HELLO+AND+WELCOME%20TO+LAST+WEEK!.jpg

:hi:

Coming from the king of the late responses, I bear this shame with honor.

:o

:sumo:

That thread is for cowboys that need a home where the buffalo still roam, the skies are not cloudy all day, and seldom is heard a discouraging word.

The maturity of you two members on this board is incredible. It seems to me someones item (who you have enjoyed beating up) just sold as a B.I.N. Now these following words of wisdom are for your enjoyment...

A famous person once quoted:

now I quote:

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Another very famous author quoted:

Now I quote:

"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Uh-huh. So...you are proud of your stupidity, and feel that you should be allowed to abuse the privilege. Is that it...? Well, then...as you were! Certainly don't let any of US stop you!

Now you "boys" can go Google these quotes and find their author's and probably about a hundred famous other quotes on the subject that you both appear to be experts at. But my suggestion is, don't humor yourselves. Because your famous comebacks are easily searchable on Google and we all know (wink, wink) that you really didn't come up with them yourselves.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about here. Does this make any sense to anyone other than Krey?

My suggestion is that you get a "job" and/or a "girlfriend" and leave the board members alone who are trying to sell legitimately on these boards

You can sell "legitimately" on these boards if you do it in the right place (i.e., not on the "Moderns Heating Up" thread). Do you know where the sales forum is...?

... and not by scaring others in to pretending their items aren't worth anything...

You were scared by others into pretending that your item isn't worth anything...? lol

Or is it only you who think that selling a Walking Dead #1 in the sales thread is the only one in existence? I am sure (wink, wink) that there are some of us who have a Walking Dead #1 9.9 and kind of chuckle at your boorish attempt at making an extra $100.

So...! You DO know where the sales thread is! GREAT...USE IT!

But wait, I'm impressed...you really have a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.9? WOW...!!!

Is it like this one?

WD1lotA.jpg

:gossip: (I'll give you a hint: It's the one in the middle)...(wink, wink)

WD1lotB.jpg

OK, you know how it works...I've shown you mine...

I am impressed beyond words at that photo.

May I ask,did you buy them on a hunch early on or pick them up more recently?

Either way, they look awesome.

Is there a jealosy emoticon..lol

No good books come out in the past two weeks to make money on and this is what this thread has become?

Shame.

Now can someone explain to me why LCSS' are selling Birds of Prey issue 9 for $15 but on ebay its has BIN for upwards of $30?

Yeah i mean't #8. Sorry I didn't have the issue in front of me.

but yeah, I'm just surprised to see a Chuck Dixon scripted comic fetching that kind of cash.

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

This weeks modern comics heating up that are NOT variants:

• Thief of Thieves #1
  • The Goon #3
  • Batman: Harley Quinn
  • Batman: Vengence of Bane #1
  • Detective Comics #1
  • Malibu Sun #13
  • Action Comics #1
  • Saga #1
  • Dark Avengers #1
  • X-O Manowar #1

and two bonus books heating up that just missed the cut:

• Amazing Spider-Man #441 #431
  • Nightwing #4

Check out how many variants were not included in this list (ie. Thief of Thieves was actually number 24 on that list) over at The Market

Edited by whetteon

This weeks modern comics heating up that are NOT variants:

• Thief of Thieves #1
  • The Goon #3
  • Batman: Harley Quinn
  • Batman: Vengence of Bane #1
  • Detective Comics #1
  • Malibu Sun #13
  • Action Comics #1
  • Saga #1
  • Dark Avengers #1
  • X-O Manowar #1

and two bonus books heating up that just missed the cut:

• Amazing Spider-Man #441
  • Nightwing #4

Check out how many variants were not included in this list (ie. Thief of Thieves was actually number 24 on that list) over at The Market

I love the list of books that are not variants. To be honest, the variants bug the hell out of me, so it's very refreshing to see this list.

What's going on in Malibu Sun 13, ASM 441, and Nightwing 4?

Much appreciated... especially the omission of variants. (thumbs u