• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Is there something going on with Spawn that I don't know about?

First, I see a copy of Spawn 1 go for $8 at Heroescon, and now I see this 13 issue lot going for $22 with time left. Or is this a couple of shills?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-IMAGE-COMICS-FIRST-THIRTEEN-LOT-SPAWN-1-13-/180929717078?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a20406356#ht_500wt_1287

could be shill bidding, but am i wrong in thinking that $22 for 13 issues (even if it's spawn) isn't a whole lot of money? if you're looking to start a run, that seems like a good price to get those at.

13 issues that can typically be snagged at $1 or less? That, and the number of bids just seem odd. Probably a shill.

#1 isn't really a dollar book. I suppose it is convenient for someone to get them all.at once.

Incredible Hulk #271 is heating up.

I was looking for a starting price to put this comic at auction and noticed NM were going for $50 BIN. Sold my VG / F in three hours as a $20 BIN.

Apparently this comic is the first Rocket Racoon, or the First Rocket Racoon in the Guardians of the Galaxy.

This was easily a $3 book pre SDCC.

Yep, just sold 6 copies at £12.95 each BIN. ($18?) each/

these were around VF-

First, I see a copy of Spawn 1 go for $8 at Heroescon, and now I see this 13 issue lot going for $22 with time left. Or is this a couple of shills?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-IMAGE-COMICS-FIRST-THIRTEEN-LOT-SPAWN-1-13-/180929717078?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a20406356#ht_500wt_1287

could be shill bidding, but am i wrong in thinking that $22 for 13 issues (even if it's spawn) isn't a whole lot of money? if you're looking to start a run, that seems like a good price to get those at.

13 issues that can typically be snagged at $1 or less? That, and the number of bids just seem odd. Probably a shill.

#1 isn't really a dollar book. I suppose it is convenient for someone to get them all.at once.

I actually could have picked up 20+ copies of #1, for $1 each, this past weekend. Instead, I skipped out on those, and grabbed 2 copies of New X-Men #128 for $1 each. :banana:

Two years ago I saw copies of Spawn 1 and 2 in dollar bins. Is the resurgence coming from McFarlane doing work on the book again?

what the !@#$%^&*

what's the deal with that?? 1st Scarlet Spidey??

I have one of those, time to look for it :news:

First Scarlet is Web 118, isnt it?

A found a bunch of books slightly off the beaten path that are doing reasonably well at $10 or more and a couple of bids on eBay. And a few variants from books that are well known that are also doing rather well. Perhaps these can be considered books that are "Heating up"? (shrug):foryou:

• Harbinger #2 (1990)
  • Mylo Xyloto #1 SDCC variant
  • Harbinger #2 (2012) 1:20 variant
  • Revival #1 1:10 variant
  • Chew #1 2nd printing
  • Thief of Thieves #2
  • X-O Manowar #1 (1990)
  • Tales of Teen Titans #44
  • Amazing Spider-Man #573 Stephen Colbert Variant
  • Manhattan Projects #1
  • X-O Manowar #4
  • Hack/Slash #1 (2004)
  • Spawn #221 variant

More suprising finds found here as always. (thumbs u

is this book really worth picking up? a local book shop has it for $3. but these are the only ones i've seen sell on ebay....kinda looks like a good pick up, just wanna be sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HACK-SLASH-THE-SERIES-1-1ST-PRINTING-NM-MT-2007-/320945534759?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab9d83727#ht_896wt_933

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hack-Slash-the-Series-1-DDP-Unopened-NM-Condition-HTF-1st-print-Rare-Seely-1A-/140802509806?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c87bcbee#ht_500wt_1413

Edited by Hawkman

Yep, that usually sells for between $10 and $20. (thumbs u

Yep, that usually sells for between $10 and $20. (thumbs u

thank you. just wanted a little confirmation before i go pick it up.