• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Just curious why people won't take bids from people with 0 feedback. Every one gas to start somewhere right? Plus, as long as they pay you, that's all that matters right? I can understand not buying off someone with no feedback though.

I sell a lot on Ebay. I don't mind 0 feedback bidders when it's something small. But last night I had a guy..1 feedback...bid up and won 6-7 of my auctions for a total of $450+. I caught him about halfway through my TMNT action figure auctions,before I blocked his bidding...and another account he was using to bid (that one had 4 feedbacks). The few feedbacks this clown had...were all positive,but the comments left were about how this guy was a non paying bidder. (The change that Ebay made to where a seller cannot leave a negative is the biggest turn off about their system.) What really sucks about it...These were week long auctions and this fool comes in at the end and screws it up for me and the guys that really wanted the item. And the bad part is...nobody will accept the second chance offer because they'd rather it get relisted. So it's another week I have to wait before I might sell it.

I recently had a guy with zero feedback buy a book worth $250. He sent me no less than 15 messages complaining that the book hadn't been delivered the next day (item had free postage), begging for his money back and threatening to report me to the authorities because I didn't respond to his messages INSTANTLY (I had to explain to him that I had a job and I didn't sit by a computer waiting for his messages). After that I decided that zero feedback bidders just aren't worth it.

I left him positive feedback and I never recieved feedback from him even though I was nothing but nice when corresponding with him. Some people are pathetic.

I have noticed a handful of books trending up in just the last few months. These include recent moderns and a splattering of variants that have impressed me dollar wise for whatever reason.

Spawn #222 Variant - $160+

Revival #1 SDCC - $80+

NYX #3 - $70+

Batman 608 2nd Print - $60+

Peter Panzerfaust #1 - $55+

Thief of Thieves #1 - $55+

Avengers Vs X-Men #1 babies variant - $50+

Revival #1 1:10 - $35+

Batman: Vengence of Bane #1 - $35+

Revival #1 Awesome Variant - $30+

Manhattan Projects #1 - $25+

Daredevil #2 -$20+

Detective Comics #1 - $20+

Batman #492 Platinum - $20+

Batman #1 (2011) - $20+

Nightwing #4 (2011) - $20+

X-O Manowar #1:20 - $18+

Daredevil #8 - $15+

Batman #4 - $10+

Also, I have noticed that the Valiant rebirth has caused some interest in the old 1991 copies to start trending up as well. In particular the following books are selling very fast:

Harbinger #1 (1991) - $35+

X-O Manowar #3 1:20 - $20+

X-O Manowar #4 (1991) - $10+

The list was compiled from The Market. (thumbs u If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on how to make this engine even better for finding trends be sure to let me know!

Only so many comics can be on the collecting communities radar and I wonder how sustainable this trend of modern hot indies can be? Will we all be sitting on piles of "use to be hot" books in 10 years, because nobody cares about these books any more? Of course, books like the Walking Dead should retain some value since that book has hit "classic" status similar to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But those books are few and far between. (I'm thinking about past "hot" books like Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Fish Patrol, Swamp Thing, Sandman, Lobo appearances, Punisher appearances, and even more recent successes like Y: The Last Man.)

How many of you are buying these books just to flip them? How many of you are chasing these hot books and storing them because you think they are going to continue to increase in value? What is your goal with this area of collecting?

Personally, I find this whole area of collecting fascinating. I cannot see becoming a flipper because the money made versus the time spent just does not seem to be worth it and my day job simply pays more. As a collector who lived through the 90s, I have long since given up purchasing multiples of the "hot" books, because I am sitting on piles of "use to be hot" books from that era. Back in the 80s and 90s when the "hot book" information was delivered via magazines, these trends had longer legs than they do now. With the Internet, books are hot then cold in a matter of weeks if not days.

Like I said, it is fascinating to watch!

As a Star Wars comic reader/collector, I am interested to know if the Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi comics are still hot? Can first printings of issue #0 and 1 still fetch above cover?

While I don't actively participate in this area of collecting, I do enjoy reading about it and am even more interested when a comic I purchased ends up becoming "hot".

More Moderns to Watch as compiled by The Market :cloud9:

Solar #10 (1991) 1st print - $30+ eBay completed listings

Harbinger #1 (1991) - $40+

Johnny The Homicidal Maniac #1 - $12

Suicide Squad #1 - $15

Thief of Thieves #2 - $12

Revival #1 Third Eye Variant - $70+

Uncanny X-Men #381 DF Variant (chromium) - $45

Excluded was the usual books that show up week after week in order to not bore those still reading these post to tears. All two of you. :hi:

I have noticed a handful of books trending up in just the last few months. These include recent moderns and a splattering of variants that have impressed me dollar wise for whatever reason.

Revival #1 SDCC - $80+

NYX #3 - $70+

Daredevil #2 -$20+

Batman #1 (2011) - $20+

Daredevil #8 - $15+

Batman #4 - $10+

Also, I have noticed that the Valiant rebirth has caused some interest in the old 1991 copies to start trending up as well. In particular the following books are selling very fast:

The list was compiled from The Market. (thumbs u If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on how to make this engine even better for finding trends be sure to let me know!

I'm surprised how much the avengers vs xmen #1 Skottie Young variants are selling for. They were only $10 limit 1 per customer on the Midtown comics site a week ago. Guess there out of stock now.

Revival #1 SDCC - $80+

NYX #3 - $70+

Daredevil #2 -$20+

Batman #1 (2011) - $20+

Daredevil #8 - $15+

Batman #4 - $10+

I'm surprised how much the avengers vs xmen #1 Skottie Young variants are selling for. They were only $10 limit 1 per customer on the Midtown comics site a week ago. Guess there out of stock now.

they were around $5.60 in previews prior to that and could order as many as you wanted disappointed I only got three and one was for a friend