• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

>> As with the rest of the variants it will drop in price as more of them are made available.<<

It's NOT a variant. It's a promotional item, most of which are in atrocious condition due to poor packing & the black cover.

Who/what are you quoting here? ???

Thanks for asking.

like any competent retailer, I have direct contacts at every major publisher.

Regarding Valiant Black.

I have had a text conversation with Atom! Freeman

Sales Manager

Valiant Entertainment

"It went out one copy per to our top 500 retailers."

It's a promotional tool. NOT a variant.

On the industry professional message boards CBIA shops worldwide are reporting the poor condition these promo items arrived in.

( my shops copy looks like it got beat up with a bag of nickels )

Edited by LarrysComics

Thanks for asking.

Regarding Valiant Black.

Sales Manager

Valiant Entertainment

On the industry professional message boards CBIA shops worldwide are reporting the poor condition these promo items arrived in.

Its best when replying to a direct comment to use the quote feature that way individuals know wtf you are talking about.

I bought the Valiant Black for 29.99 yesterday, and after listening to the forum board. I sold it on eBay for 115.99. Made a profit thanks to you guys but only a day old only regretting it now. But can't be greedy

Never regret quadrupling your money on a new book.

I bought the Valiant Black for 29.99 yesterday, and after listening to the forum board. I sold it on eBay for 115.99. Made a profit thanks to you guys but only a day old only regretting it now. But can't be greedy

Never regret quadrupling your money on a new book.

This is a pretty broad generalization ...

Thanks for asking.

Regarding Valiant Black.

Sales Manager

Valiant Entertainment

Its best when replying to a direct comment to use the quote feature that way individuals know wtf you are talking about.

He was replying to my comment. He is correct Valiant Black is a promotional item. As I stated in my original post, now is the time to sell. As the market is flooded (there are 500) the price will drop.

Also the envelopes are the items being damaged not the issue itself.

Edited by FormerReader

Thanks for asking.

Regarding Valiant Black.

Sales Manager

Valiant Entertainment

He was replying to my comment. He is correct Valiant Black is a promotional item. As I stated in my original post, now is the time to sell. As the market is flooded (there are 500) the price will drop.

I wish that were entirely trrue. That book is going to be completely impossible in 9.8, current CGC production defect blindness aside. And there are plenty of complaints around the web from retailers about the condition of that book, not that that is anything new. :)

I saw Larry's copy and straight off the press it would have been 8.0-8.5ish at CGC IMHO.

Thanks for asking.

Regarding Valiant Black.

Sales Manager

Valiant Entertainment

I wish that were entirely trrue. That book is going to be completely impossible in 9.8, current CGC production defect blindness aside. And there are plenty of complaints around the web from retailers about the condition of that book, not that that is anything new. :)

I saw Larry's copy and straight off the press it would have been 8.0-8.5ish at CGC IMHO.

Ouch! I stand corrected.

Thanks for asking.

Regarding Valiant Black.

Sales Manager

Valiant Entertainment

My copy that I purchased yesterday was at least a 9.4 or better. Wish I would have taken pics to prove this, some lucky person in the bronx will have a great copy. Get ready to see it on the census if he slabs it. lol

Saw a previous post of someone saying Uncanny XMEN 266 1st App Gambit heating up.....Any particular reason why?

havent seen much movement on it, but in general its a bit undervalued like most non-tv/movie modern keys. New comic series that launched in august maybe?

Something is happening because I'm seeing a lot more 266 auctions getting more money than in the past.

My two cents on Gambit.

The new Marvel series has been very well received. It has only been selling like a mid-range X book. HOWEVER it has an abnormally large female following.

Our hobby is a "what have you done for me lately, hobby"

Simple.Gambit is getting exposure & play on the new comic shelves. His key appearance is getting more interest.

Saw a previous post of someone saying Uncanny XMEN 266 1st App Gambit heating up.....Any particular reason why?

havent seen much movement on it, but in general its a bit undervalued like most non-tv/movie modern keys. New comic series that launched in august maybe?

Something is happening because I'm seeing a lot more 266 auctions getting more money than in the past.

as i said, new series might be giving it a bit of a bump. 3 months of ebay data doesnt constitute "the past" very accurately, and I can "see" the same data.

Mar, 15th 2009, on heritage one sold 9.8 CGC for $239.00, one sold in july 2012 on ebay for $250.

Some people are willing to over pay, and that hasnt really changed. The market as a whole is on a major up swing right now (some would argue bubble). So any moderate moves on it, would just be the increased exposure of the new series, to the current prospective buyers, imo.

comic movies, reality tv shows, probably having as much of a market as whole driving effect on those currently bidding on it, as the series itself.

good post, I have read a few of these that you do, its good stuff.

On this one:

agree on strange tales spiking, not all the black fury books will get a bounce though imo, but people will definitely try to push them. 1st nick jr is the other one that could/should, but the ultimate series, meh.

One question I have. When you call Revival 2 a $10 book, that's kind of distorted. YES some people have been foolish enough to bu it for $10 dollars. YES, lots of greedy flippers have BUYITNOW for $10 plus, but almost none of those are selling.

A quick ebay searched of completed sales from YESTERDAY gives:

$5.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVIVAL-2-TIM-NEELY-SCRIPTS-MIKE-NORTON-ART-2012-/190726126212

$3.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revival-2-Image-Comics-2012-First-Printing-NM-/330790044709

For a book to be a $10 book, one should NOT be able to get it for less than $10. It's not a $10 book, once the first person who decides to overpay is willing to pay it. Anyone reading your report looking to buy Revival #2 is going to be misled into what they should be willing to pay for it.

I have access to Revival #2s unsold still, for $2.85, but I wouldnt call it a $2.85 book as that is just one source.

I guess my question is, should a book be labeled by the highest someone is willing (or foolish) enough to pay for it. Should it be labeled by the lowest it can be found for, if most people cant find it? Or should its value be the mean/average price its going for currently?

Revival #2 is a 5-6 dollar book right now according to ebay completed sales, with $3 and $10+ outliers on either side.

I see your point. I listed a lousy price. I agree.

Pinpointing a new book's value is tough. I guess the point I was trying to convey is that there is a ton of interest in the series. It's volatile.

My market report is created for my newsletter that has a 30% open rate. I cycle & repeat a lot of information.

I got lazy on my pricing.

Revival #2 is STILL a cover price book at my shop.

HOWEVER, I have sold 10 packs at $119.99 on E bay.

The actual current value lies somewhere in between.

Edited by LarrysComics