• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

TBH eisley, maybe you should re-read the posts yourself, all I asked was this...

his comments just strike me as being someone who knows nothing about the BBC and the shows they produce (shrug)

I was watching it before you were born, and I didnt say they would have bad actors, or anything other such thing. I am sure the show will be cast with great stage actors, and be well written.

I stand by all my comments. Especially Captain Hook the climate denier villian lol.

You made the claim about me, and with me in the dismissed third person to boot. So you got the reply you got. Also, not once have you countered my claim of age, which means I was likely right.

Nothing in my comments implied I didnt watch the BBC, and the Global Warming one in particular was very current, and topical (funny too :D ). So you obnoxiously called me a liar while speaking around me to another person.

Dont be surprised when you get an obnoxious and comical response in reply. I did not say ANYTHING about what you knew or didnt know about the BBC. That was your false assumption, I made a statement about myself in retort to your backhanded comments.

You then went on to tell me I knew nothing about the BBC (well at least not as much as you), which you may have learnt isn't true and called me immature. You have since gone on to insult my intelligence.

Why disrespect someone for simply asking a question and continue to do so just to stroke your own ego, feel big do you?

You were the disrespectful one. If you think simply working for them makes you the only one who can speak on them, you are sorely wrong. I fail to see how me saying BBC =fail, and PP wont be the next walking dead is stroking my ego.

I was not insulted or upset about your BBC comments, I just didn't think your comments were ... fair

I edited out the word either, and ended the sentence for you. It reads better now. Interesting logic you have there.

Personally you really do need to draw a line over this, forget it and move on. YOu are simply making yourself look bad and like Nico has pointed out you will start to loose friends very soon if you continue to act like this to more than only me and you honestly are.

I did move on as I already proved my points. I was talking about Thor Movie related books, and Shield/Avengers related books.

Its only comics after all. It's great to have your opinion but please don't tell me I can't have mine :/

Not only did i not say a word about your opinions, or whether you could have them. I also specifically said that if PP gets to $1700 for a 9.8 SS like WD, then I would clearly retract my opinion, and I expect be mocked soundly for it.

As you say its just comics. So back to the subject of moderns heating up....

Edited by eisley

You made the claim about me, and with me in the dismissed third person to boot. So you got the reply you got. Also, not once have you countered my claim of age, which means I was likely right.

Nothing in my comments implied I didnt watch the BBC, and the Global Warming one in particular was very current, and topical (funny too :D ). So you obnoxiously called me a liar while speaking around me to another person.

Dont be surprised when you get an obnoxious and comical response in reply. I did not say ANYTHING about what you knew or didnt know about the BBC. That was your false assumption, I made a statement about myself in retort to your backhanded comments.

How did I call you a liar, you made a comment I didn't agree with and asked if you really watched the BBC? The second comments I made were to elaborate and explain my question to someone who misunderstood what I was asking. It was not meant to be disrespectful and if you took it that way then I am sorry. I didn't mean to be. :foryou:

You were the disrespectful one. If you think simply working for them makes you the only one who can speak on them, you are sorely wrong. I fail to see how me saying BBC =fail, and PP wont be the next walking dead is stroking my ego.

Please quote me where I said this, I asked if you watch the BBC and you replied that you've been watching it before I was even born and told me I didn't. I watch more BBC programmes in a week than you probably do in a year, it's my job and found it funny that you made a presumption about me that was wrong. I have not once said I was the only one who could talk about it in fact I deliberately chosen not to get in a debate about the BBC with you, cause it's simply not worth the headache :/

The biggest problem with all this is you keep putting words into my mouth and making incorrect assumptions based on my posts. You say you want to debate but the moment anyone disagrees with you, you get all disrespectful and belittling. that is not debating it's rude.

Oh and I don't care how old you think I am, but you keep bringing it up like it's important. For you information I am 31 and if you want to know more about me then here you go.

***Deleted***

Aything else you want to know about me...If you weren't such a newb you would probably know all this as I'm don't exactly protect my identity and i've been on here since 2009, now why don't you share a little about yourself (thumbs u

edit

oh and you can reply to me but I've taken the boring advice above and I have put you on ignore so I won't have the pleasure of reading all your wonderful contributions to this community ;)

How did I call you a liar, you made a comment I didn't agree with and asked if you really watched the BBC? The second comments I made were to elaborate and explain my question to someone who misunderstood what I was asking. It was not meant to be disrespectful and if you took it that way then I am sorry. I didn't mean to be. :foryou:

Please quote me where I said this, I asked if you watch the BBC and you replied that you've been watching it before I was even born and told me I didn't. I watch more BBC programmes in a week than you probably do in a year, it's my job and found it funny that you made a presumption about me that was wrong. I have not once said I was the only one who could talk about it in fact I deliberately chosen not to get in a debate about the BBC with you, cause it's simply not worth the headache :/

The biggest problem with all this is you keep putting words into my mouth and making incorrect assumptions based on my posts. You say you want to debate but the moment anyone disagrees with you, you get all disrespectful and belittling. that is not debating it's rude.

Oh and I don't care how old you think I am, but you keep bringing it up like it's important. For you information I am 31 and if you want to know more about me then here you go.

Aything else you want to know about me...If you weren't such a newb you would probably know all this as I'm don't exactly protect my identity and i've been on here since 2009, now why don't you share a little about yourself (thumbs u

edit

oh and you can reply to me but I've taken the boring advice above and I have put you on ignore so I won't have the pleasure of reading all your wonderful contributions to this community ;)

Thats a lot of personal info mate.

Not sure I would be so outgoing.

Just think what a ICF EDL hoolie could do with it!

Braver than me Gaz,braver than me. :screwy:

Edited by Andy70

Andy can you Delete it for me like I have mate...

:foryou:

Done - was a good idea I think.

Fess up - it was the mention of the EDL wasn't it!... :gossip::whistle::grin: :grin:

Boy, so I was hoping to read some good moderns heating up on ebay news and all I got was 8 pages of soap opera drama-epic fail.

I gave you a bunch from thor, and thats just one movie. I can keep going for every other movie, than all the tv shows, then all the rumored tv shows, then the hot series with out shows, then the hot 1st appearances, and then the hot variants and low print one issues....phew

I got a list of about 60+ books worth watching, and thats just off the top of my head.

Gotta give people time to discuss, (though lots of them are already being discussed).

Boy, so I was hoping to read some good moderns heating up on ebay news and all I got was 8 pages of soap opera drama-epic fail.

I gave you a bunch from thor, and thats just one movie. I can keep going for every other movie, than all the tv shows, then all the rumored tv shows, then the hot series with out shows, then the hot 1st appearances, and then the hot variants and low print one issues....phew

I got a list of about 60+ books worth watching, and thats just off the top of my head.

Gotta give people time to discuss, (though lots of them are already being discussed).

Yes and others are more then happy to chime in with some books. Seems lately only a few are doing that.

welcome to the modern forum where condescension, defensiveness, unnecessary antogonism and fragile egos suck the fun out of every great thread!

Do you actually watch any content by the BBC (shrug)

if you did, you would know my global warming joke clearly shows that I do. I am Canadian not American, and I have seen the BBC my whole life, thanks for asking.

It could have been worse - you might have been weened on ITV shows.

CBC can give BBC a run for its money, lol. Though nowadays they are a lot further apart.

Doctor Who is a great example though in all this. How are the print runs on Doctor Who based comics doing?

Readership soaring is it?

How about listing the top BBC shows all time by ratings, and telling me which if ANY of them could push a comic book to WD levels?

Are Doctor Who themed SDCC events planned for next year?

yah....some guy in England knows whether a Canadian watches BBC since the 70s, and whether a stage actor driven BBC show can top American Pop Culture and outsell WD comic books...

i really got told.....if only i knew.

You've been watching the BBC since the 1970's? What was your fave TOTP's episode? Did you cry at the end of Blake's Seven? Are the TPF still relevant? Should they bring back Superstars?

Do you actually watch any content by the BBC (shrug)

if you did, you would know my global warming joke clearly shows that I do. I am Canadian not American, and I have seen the BBC my whole life, thanks for asking.

It could have been worse - you might have been weened on ITV shows.

CBC can give BBC a run for its money, lol. Though nowadays they are a lot further apart.

Doctor Who is a great example though in all this. How are the print runs on Doctor Who based comics doing?

Readership soaring is it?

How about listing the top BBC shows all time by ratings, and telling me which if ANY of them could push a comic book to WD levels?

Are Doctor Who themed SDCC events planned for next year?

yah....some guy in England knows whether a Canadian watches BBC since the 70s, and whether a stage actor driven BBC show can top American Pop Culture and outsell WD comic books...

i really got told.....if only i knew.

You've been watching the BBC since the 1970's? What was your fave TOTP's episode? Did you cry at the end of Blake's Seven? Are the TPF still relevant? Should they bring back Superstars?

His only 33 :/ born on 6/25/1979 well at least thats what his other internet profiles say, technically he is correct as he could have seen some BBC kids programmes at the age of 1 lol