• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
69 69

63,910 posts in this topic

Quit triple posting.

Quit calling people noobs, I think that was done in 07.

Also, are you a previous board member? Seems like you just got here and calling FT a noob......crazy

i'll quadruple post if they are unrelated subjects...suck it up.

quit teleporting yourself back to 2007, YA NOOB

I'll call anyone a n00b who acts like one. If you are impressed by the number on someone's name, good on ya mate.

Can i ask you a question? Since your comment had:

a.) nothing to do with the subject of the thread

b.) nothing to do with any of my points

What exactly do you think/feel you are doing? Are you trying to impress other people with the fact that you are arguing with me too? lol

If you jsut want to bore me with vacuous nonsense then PM, and spare the thread further derailing. If you are trying to build your e-rep with your e-buddies, up your game son. Put some meat on those bones.

yah....some guy in England knows whether a Canadian watches BBC since the 70s, and whether a stage actor driven BBC show can top American Pop Culture and outsell WD comic books...

So, how did you manage that...

...when you were only born in '79?

hm

It's great when a n00b jumps in an posts about one thing they read, without reading the rest of the thread.......

His only 33 :/ born on 6/25/1979 well at least thats what his other internet profiles say, technically he is correct as he could have seen some BBC kids programmes at the age of 1 lol

I have lots of profiles, with lots of names, for someone furiously claiming I dont know you (though you did change your sig pretty fast andrew), you make a lot of assumptions about who i am, and what is true.

Keep going though, this is amusing :D

:popcorn:

once you lose the debate and ask other people to move on, yet keep crying like a wee girlie, i see no reason to not keep going :)

how many accounts do you have here btw?

Have you considered a career in googling? you are a BEAST.

I'm trynig to be a good boy here, but I am going to start docx'ing n00bs if they dont get it under control.

I'm calling 'shill with a grudge' here. hm

Or a genuinely clueless buffoon.

There isn't a third option.

double post for chi-bang

lostpike, can you post links to some of those $50-$70 dollar sales. How are the other AvX variants doing? I would think people would want to be selling now before the hype of it is finished.

do you think there is any long term value there? Generally speaking, event variants dont hold up too strong post the event.

I have a copy of Uncanny Avengers 1:300 locked down on release (fingers crossed on condition), and I am planning to sell it ASAP.

double post for chi-bang

lostpike, can you post links to some of those $50-$70 dollar sales. How are the other AvX variants doing? I would think people would want to be selling now before the hype of it is finished.

do you think there is any long term value there? Generally speaking, event variants dont hold up too strong post the event.

I have a copy of Uncanny Avengers 1:300 locked down on release (fingers crossed on condition), and I am planning to sell it ASAP.

Not to say I am lazy to redo my research. I am going to be lazy. Sorry.

As for long term. I am betting on a surge on them next month when all the other baby variants by Skottie Young come out and people want complete sets because honestly speaking the new covers ARE AWESOME.

I am dying to get one of the OAs for either the one of them all trying to get on the fridge or the one with the babies in wolverines shadow.

As for long term. I am betting on a surge on them next month when all the other baby variants by Skottie Young come out and people want complete sets because honestly speaking the new covers ARE AWESOME.

I am dying to get one of the OAs for either the one of them all trying to get on the fridge or the one with the babies in wolverines shadow.

lol, yah, i was being lazy too, thought you might have them in history or what not. I'll check it out.

That's a good point about the other baby covers. Being part of the "set" of them might give it more legs.

I just think of stuff like the Civil War variants, etc, and that they dont hold up well over time.

yah....some guy in England knows whether a Canadian watches BBC since the 70s, and whether a stage actor driven BBC show can top American Pop Culture and outsell WD comic books...

hm

It's great when a n00b jumps in an posts about one thing they read, without reading the rest of the thread.......

His only 33 :/ born on 6/25/1979 well at least thats what his other internet profiles say, technically he is correct as he could have seen some BBC kids programmes at the age of 1 lol

I have lots of profiles, with lots of names, for someone furiously claiming I dont know you (though you did change your sig pretty fast andrew), you make a lot of assumptions about who i am, and what is true.

once you lose the debate and ask other people to move on, yet keep crying like a wee girlie, i see no reason to not keep going :)

I'm trynig to be a good boy here, but I am going to start docx'ing n00bs if they dont get it under control.

Goonie is back already? :o

:whistle:

for all the fussing about on topic vs off topic.....a lot of other people seem determined to treat the thread as a chat room....

REPOST:

lol, yah, i was being lazy too, thought you might have them in history or what not. I'll check it out.

That's a good point about the other baby covers. Being part of the "set" of them might give it more legs.

I just think of stuff like the Civil War variants, etc, and that they dont hold up well over time.

It's irritating how I get different auction search results from a computer on ebay vs. my ipod when I use ebay search app. (I found some more 50-60 dollar cgc 9.8 revivals that ended in between those two that went for over 70 =O )

I see that ASM 692 varniant covers are actually making a little money right now. I'm surprised because I actually bought those.

I don't know if it's heating up. But I have really liked the new Hawkeye.

Great covers and interior art with good story telling.

But......Hawkeye really hasn't had a lot of geek appeal.

Plus, you should only give out tips after you've cashed out.

I like it as well. I feel all grimy reading a Modern Marvel Comic, but the art and story are very well done.

hm

Goonie is back already? :o

:whistle:

my thought too

:golfclap: just another turd in the hamper

Why dont you, nick, andrew, and everyone else start a chat room, then you can all work together to come up with the best insults possible.

:blahblah:

try using this thread for talk about modern comics heating up ebay instead :D(:

:whee:

You're right, bad form, my appologies.

Quit triple posting.

Quit calling people noobs, I think that was done in 07.

Also, are you a previous board member? Seems like you just got here and calling FT a noob......crazy

i'll quadruple post if they are unrelated subjects...suck it up.

quit teleporting yourself back to 2007, YA NOOB

I'll call anyone a n00b who acts like one. If you are impressed by the number on someone's name, good on ya mate.

Can i ask you a question? Since your comment had:

a.) nothing to do with the subject of the thread

b.) nothing to do with any of my points

What exactly do you think/feel you are doing? Are you trying to impress other people with the fact that you are arguing with me too? lol

If you jsut want to bore me with vacuous nonsense then PM, and spare the thread further derailing. If you are trying to build your e-rep with your e-buddies, up your game son. Put some meat on those bones.

Is it just me or is eisley acting like he moderates everyones posts and he is the high authority on all things to do with this forum? People don't like some of your posts - deal with it.

Not to divert this thread from the arguing, but I'm going to go alittle off topic. Does anyone think it's better to buy runs of titles, instead of just selling single issues that are heating up?

Like, I noticed that I'm easily selling Batman New 52 single issues is only $10-15 max and they are harder to sell, while selling them in sets (ex: 1-10) for $80+, will move them alot quicker. I've sold 3 sets like that, by just finding alot of them in $1 bins, paying cover for whatever's left and obviously paying alittle more for #1. I also have sets of ToT 1-3 w/2nd print #1s, that are easily moving for $55+, while single issues take forever to sell, especially of the 2nd printings.

I guess I say that because today at a local comic store sale, I found tons of complete runs of hot titles like ToT 1-6, Fatale 1-7 and New 52 for 50 cents each, and don't see any way to sell them as individual issues, unless I want to sit on them for awhile.

I found some books there like Manhattan Projects 1 and 2, and thought that it's not worth it to sell them individually, but to buy 3-5 for cover price, and sell the run of 1-5 for one price.

Edited by lemonman5

Not to divert this thread from the arguing, but I'm going to go alittle off topic. Does anyone think it's better to buy runs of titles, instead of just selling single issues that are heating up?

Like, I noticed that I'm easily selling Batman New 52 single issues is only $10-15 max and they are harder to sell, while selling them in sets (ex: 1-10) for $80+, will move them alot quicker. I've sold 3 sets like that, by just finding alot of them in $1 bins, paying cover for whatever's left and obviously paying alittle more for #1. I also have sets of ToT 1-3 w/2nd print #1s, that are easily moving for $55+, while single issues take forever to sell, especially of the 2nd printings.

I guess I say that because today at a local comic store sale, I found tons of complete runs of hot titles like ToT 1-6, Fatale 1-7 and New 52 for 50 cents each, and don't see any way to sell them as individual issues, unless I want to sit on them for awhile.

I found some books there like Manhattan Projects 1 and 2, and thought that it's not worth it to sell them individually, but to buy 3-5 for cover price, and sell the run of 1-5 for one price.

lol, nice segway, for at least the last few pages its just dudes looking to stroke each other e-peens. if one coalesces an actual point I'll continue the arguing side, but its good that the people actually wanting to talk comics are starting to out number the "hey look at me" chat room crowd.

On your point, I think for books that have started to "turn" and are failing to make higher highs, and settling into a trading range or falling, that it definitely applies.

People who are un-willing to "pay up" on a single issue are more likely to bite the bullet if they can dollar cost average it across a run. Fatale, most new 52, and manhattan project probably fall in that category (unleashing more angry nerd arguing now).

I'm surprised with ToTs being included in your list. Issue 1 and 2 raw should be very very easy to sell solo from my experience/observations. Issue 3 is starting to get a little pull too.