• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

You guys wanna see something really funny. I sold Peter Panzerfaust 1-4 for $25

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170962450028?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I hate myself for not knowing about this board a few weeks ago.

Yeah

That's nothing. Here's something that'll make you feel better.

Two years ago, I bought a NM Walking Dead 19 for 1$. Since I had no idea of the value of the comic and the entire franchise, I sold it on our local ebay forums for 4$. I was happy with the profit. A month later, I randomly decided to check the price on ebay.com.

I've been crying ever since. :cry:

Anyone care to top this tale of woe?

unfortunately it wouldn't be very difficult.

:cry:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170962450028?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Yeah

Two years ago, I bought a NM Walking Dead 19 for 1$. Since I had no idea of the value of the comic and the entire franchise, I sold it on our local ebay forums for 4$. I was happy with the profit. A month later, I randomly decided to check the price on ebay.com.

Don't feel bad, I sold a WD 1 CGC 9.8 a few years ago for 497. Yes that's a nice profit considering I paid cover when the book came out but look at those prices now.

Yeah

Aha! So you are one who was selling the WD 19 in ebay.ph a few years back! I saw that auction and was thinking to bid but I was not aware on how much will go up since the TWD show was only beginning during that time. No knowledge also that it was the 1st appearance of Michonne.

Knowledge is indeed power.

The day after ToT #1 took off, a boardie put up 6 copies for $9 each. I :takeit: x2 thinking I would be nice and let some others have one.

The next guy bought the last 4 .. Lesson learned.. Don't be to nice. Should have grabbed all 6.

:sorry: to the seller (don't remember who). You didn't know what you had.

I was the original owner of the cover art to Walking Dead 19, which I bought for $600. I then sold it about a year later for $1200 when my tastes changed, and I thought that was pretty good.

So...everyone needs to shut the he!! up and stop whining. You can't always sell at the top of the curve. :foryou:

Edited by jjeanius

I was the original owner of the cover art to Walking Dead 19, which I bought for $600. I then sold it about a year later for $1200 when my tastes changed, and I thought that was pretty good.

So...everyone needs to shut the he!! up and stop whining. You can't always sell at the top of the curve.

This actually turned my stomach. My lord, that would make me pack everything up and find another hobby.

Yeah

You would be referring to a chap on a tank would you..... :sorry:

The day after ToT #1 took off, a boardie put up 6 copies for $9 each. I :takeit: x2 thinking I would be nice and let some others have one.

The next guy bought the last 4 .. Lesson learned.. Don't be to nice. Should have grabbed all 6.

I did this with pretty much every book last year - mp, saga, and others but I've learned my lesson as well!

Although I don't know how "modern" this book is can anyone tell me just how "rare" or "hot" this book actually is:

Shadowman Good, Bad & the Ugly variant

Lots of people asking $100 to $250 for it but not many biters - I found one sale for $99.95. I came across a pile of about 50-60 Shadowman's from Vol 1 & 2 up to the last Acclaim issue - #43 of which there were multiple copies. I'm wondering if this series is dead or if it still has some legs under it. Maybe I'll just throw all of them up in one big batch and see what happens hm

:idea: Maybe I need my Valiant Advisor again....Bosco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Kramerica

As much money as I constantly leave behind, I can't bring myself to purchase more than 2 of the same book at a time from my LCS. One if there are only two on the shelf. I always try to leave something for the next person, even if I know they're just grabbing it to flip themselves.

As much money as I constantly leave behind, I can't bring myself to purchase more than 2 of the same book at a time from my LCS. One if there are only two on the shelf. I always try to leave something for the next person, even if I know they're just grabbing it to flip themselves.

I am the same, if the LCS has 3 copies left I will only take 2, but on the internet if someone has 10 copies for sale cheap I will take them all.

Same. Example - I left a few copies of Chew 1 on the stands. If people can't read these books, no one will care in the end. Of course, that was before they started going to multiple printings.

Yeah

You would be referring to a chap on a tank would you..... :sorry:

Small potatoes

Although I don't know how "modern" this book is can anyone tell me just how "rare" or "hot" this book actually is:

Lots of people asking $100 to $250 for it but not many biters - I found one sale for $99.95. I came across a pile of about 50-60 Shadowman's from Vol 1 & 2 up to the last Acclaim issue - #43 of which there were multiple copies. I'm wondering if this series is dead or if it still has some legs under it. Maybe I'll just throw all of them up in one big batch and see what happens hm

Shadowman 2 Good, Bad and the Ugly (GBU) is a hard book to find. There isn't a lot of demand, but there also isn't a lot of supply, which is why it is about a $100 book. There are a few other books from the Acclaim runs (volumes 2 and 3) that get pricey as well.

Shadowman 2 Good, Bad and the Ugly (GBU) is a hard book to find. There isn't a lot of demand, but there also isn't a lot of supply, which is why it is about a $100 book. There are a few other books from the Acclaim runs (volumes 2 and 3) that get pricey as well.

What he said.

The book's price has been very stable over the years around that range. I wouldn't pay $100, but I've got three copies of the book (one of my favorite Valiant/Acclaim covers). Condition could be a big factor in pricing, however. The Acclaim books are VHTF in good condition, the Shadow Man vol.3s no different. So if you see this book sell for $4-500 in 9.8, don't be surprised, there are very, very, few high grade copies out there.

The hardest to find Shadowman is the Special Edition Full-Size. If you find one for anywhere up to $200, grab it. You won't see another one again, I took me many years to find mine.

CGC 9 total graded blue, none yellow, and the highest grade is a 9.6. Seems pretty wide open for a flyer on a high grade raw with the hopes of ending up with a 9.8.