• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Lockford88 is Kevin Smith!!!! (outed) I love your movies. Me and the girlfriend watched "Chasing Amy" just last night actually.

lol.....sorry to disappoint but that's a negative. ha

Fess up! :sumo:

:kidaround:

Fess up! You must be one of the secret stash dudes? =p

It was that Batman Heroes ashcan silver variant. Only a few have ever came up for sale. I think a prior one went for $500 on ebay and sold within a very short amount of time. I can't remember the boardie that got it at the moment. He never said anything after i shipped it to him. I posted about it after it sold so quickly at $50 and was informed by some guys on the boards of it's prior sales. I could have easily backed out. But again = slimy. I know how i would feel in his shoes, so i shipped it. (even though i will admit that i stared at it for a good 5 minutes before putting it in the package. I don't cry (i'm a man) but i felt sad feelings when it went in)

That was me chief. And don't feel bad, after I bought yours I grabbed another one for $9.99 (on a 7 day auction), so I don't think the price would have actually been sold for $5-700.

believe it or not...their shop isn't the only store in NJ...lol..

Ha. I was going to say the same thing.

When I lived in NJ, went to JC Comics on Hwy 22. I think it was in Westfield...? Not sure. Pretty decent store all things considered, although one of the brothers that runs the place is a total tool. Very socially awkward and obnoxious. His brother is cool, though.

There's a store near me who has some of the most slimy business practices i can think of. The owner is a nice guy, but he's unbelievable when it comes to certain things. On a bunch of books he has it in his system to charge cover for the first copy, and the second copy gets rang up at $8. The employee's DO NOT tell you this and it's not marked ANYWHERE. I got home one day and realized that i had paid $16 above cover price for the books i bought. I went back in and they told me about this super slimeball policy. Then to top it off, they wouldn't give me a refund since i used a card, and issued me a gift certificate. Beyond that, they price their variants through the roof, charge a quarter if you use a debit card, and the kicker, they charge for leftover FCBD issues. They even charged 50 cents a book for the new FREE cyberforce issues same day they came out. Keep in mind that they don't say a word as they are merrily adding charges to your order. There's also been several times when i used to frequent the store on a regular basis that i would get charged a few dollars extra here and there, and they would have no explanation for it whatsoever when i went back in to complain. I would not be surprised one bit if this is a regular practice that the owner encourages. They also have signs up saying that they reserve the right to change a price at the counter due to the "Volatile" price of back issues. There's more, and i could seriously go on for a while about how slimy this shop is, but i realize this isn't really the thread for it so i will abstain.

Not to be a , but why do you go back?

There's a store near me who has some of the most slimy business practices i can think of. The owner is a nice guy, but he's unbelievable when it comes to certain things. On a bunch of books he has it in his system to charge cover for the first copy, and the second copy gets rang up at $8. The employee's DO NOT tell you this and it's not marked ANYWHERE. I got home one day and realized that i had paid $16 above cover price for the books i bought. I went back in and they told me about this super slimeball policy. Then to top it off, they wouldn't give me a refund since i used a card, and issued me a gift certificate. Beyond that, they price their variants through the roof, charge a quarter if you use a debit card, and the kicker, they charge for leftover FCBD issues. They even charged 50 cents a book for the new FREE cyberforce issues same day they came out. Keep in mind that they don't say a word as they are merrily adding charges to your order. There's also been several times when i used to frequent the store on a regular basis that i would get charged a few dollars extra here and there, and they would have no explanation for it whatsoever when i went back in to complain. I would not be surprised one bit if this is a regular practice that the owner encourages. They also have signs up saying that they reserve the right to change a price at the counter due to the "Volatile" price of back issues. There's more, and i could seriously go on for a while about how slimy this shop is, but i realize this isn't really the thread for it so i will abstain.

Step 1: Report to local consumer affairs

Step 2: Send in a secret shopper

Step 3: Eat lots of popcorn as you watch the store close

Selling online is different than owning a shop.. They have more of a need to make sure issues make it to more than one person anyway.

Youre getting mad over something he has the right to reject you on.. At least you got one

But I agree first come first serve should be something every store follows

I could see your point if this was a new book that just came out today (or a week ago). But this book has been out for the better part of a year now, and those books sat unsold for quite some time.

If you want more than cover price, then put a price tag on it. If you have a "limit 1" policy, then post it. Anything else is dishonest and unacceptable.

:golfclap:

Preach... :preach:

I totally agree with this. Let me share my similar story of an online incident I had this week. Directly after finding out that mind mgmt was going to be a movie I found a website that had a large amount of #1s for cover so I placed an order for 20 copies still leaving 7 in stock. About 2 hours later I get an email stating there is a limit of 2 for this item. When I placed my order there was no limit shown however after I had ordered they placed a limit and increased the price to $25 each. I argued back and forth for awhile but only got the 2 for cover. It just seems wrong that after placing my order they can change whatever they like. If that's the case why do they even have prices listed for their items?

Sounds like something we dealt with a couple weeks ago. Wonder if it is the same retailer hm

This is ridiculous. Report them to the better busniess bureau. Shops sell comic books and we customers buy them. For them to change prices on the fly because a book gets hot is wrong. What if a book loses its steam and sits on shelves but you go in and want to buy 50 issues of mind that gap that have been sitting on their shelves? I bet they won't care about that limit then.

:signfunny:

Would that be the B.B.B.???

Sounds like a Special Agent Oso episode.

(Child under two years old in the house :) )

Would that be the B.B.B.???

Its funny how you guys mention the BBB. I just filed a complaint about the store I mentioned initially. I want them to, in the very least, change their policy after this whole thing.

Edited by lemonman5