• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nowhere-Men-1-2-3-1st-Prints-Image-Comics-Low-Print-Run-NM-M-/181077206166?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a290ae496

Said waa? What exactly was the seller selling? NWM 1,2, and 3 for $150+? There are BIN that are so much less. It makes you go hmm...

I'm convinced that there are out there that don't know what the "Buy it Now" feature is, and only bid manually. No other explanation.,..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nowhere-Men-1-2-3-1st-Prints-Image-Comics-Low-Print-Run-NM-M-/181077206166?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a290ae496

Said waa? What exactly was the seller selling? NWM 1,2, and 3 for $150+? There are BIN that are so much less. It makes you go hmm...

Wow! Certainly makes me question my listing :facepalm:

The listing is somewhat deceptive. I'm betting the buyer thought it was for 2 each

The listing is somewhat deceptive. I'm betting the buyer thought it was for 2 each

Yeah, the buyer probably looked at the picture and not the description.

Yeah, the buyer probably looked at the picture and not the description.

The description is equally problematic... Likely a return in their future.

It just means he has upped his maximum bid each time. The reason the bid hasn't changed is because the only a different bidder can force him to pay more.

I always believe this looks fishy. In all honesty if I was wanting to bid on your books, this sort of activity would put me off. The guy may actually be clever enough to know this and is exactly the effect he wants.

It just means he has upped his maximum bid each time. The reason the bid hasn't changed is because the only a different bidder can force him to pay more.

I always believe this looks fishy. In all honesty if I was wanting to bid on your books, this sort of activity would put me off. The guy may actually be clever enough to know this and is exactly the effect he wants.

that what I am wondering why not just bid one or twice.

I am curious to see how it will play out.

Larry is correct. Always better to have 43 satisfied customers than 1 satisfied and 43 disappointed. Also having those 42 coming back again and again, maybe starting pull lists etc is always going to make you more money long term.

hm. Are there any chat boards I can go on and tell doctors and lawyers how to do their jobs even though I know nothing about their professions? Sounds like it might be fun.

There are. Studentdoctor.net. I work in pharmaceutical research. And having a job that requires 7+ years of education is a little different.

And yet, despite your enormous brain you still manage to massively miss my point. Way to go noob. :golfclap:

Larry and Song are correct. Limiting comics as an owner is the way to go.

Generates new customers and promotes books much better.

What they others arent saying is in their whine is I am pissed because I only get to flip 5 copies instead of the 10 I wanted to buy. Try preordering you can order all you want for 25/50% off price. Of course you have to take the risk.

I'm in business to make money.

Which scenario makes me more money?

One customer buys all 43 Peter Panzerfaust #9's

43 customers buy one ea Peter Panzerfaust #9

( Psssst: The correct answer is 43 customers buy one ea Peter Panzerfaust #9 ).

Exactly. The LCS business is based on the file/pull box, and repeat customers.

As asked, is there a middle ground? Sure. Pre-orders, as mentioned. Also, some LCS will put limits at two or three copies, to get some business from multiple buyers. In addition, after a couple months, limits can be lifted. Depends on the LCS (shrug)

I've seen it on auctions I've run & ones I've bid on - I think it's a power play by bidder to ward off any potential bidders - as in 'I want this and i want to show you that you don't have a chance'.

His top bid is around $6.29.

He can't bid $1.04 then $1.04 then $1.04 then $1.04.

He has to bid the next bid increment which I believe is 25c?

then he has to re - bid another 25c etc etc etc.

I get this quite a bit, cancel bids, block bidder, move on.

It's just a way to put other bidders off & try to win the item for $1.04.

Other potential bidders will see this & think he really wants it so must have put in really high bids toward the end.

If his bids were days apart and only a few of them it may be legit but his are lots of bids seconds apart.

Definitely trying to get this on the cheap

As asked, is there a middle ground? Sure. Pre-orders, as mentioned. Also, some LCS will put limits at two or three copies, to get some business from multiple buyers. In addition, after a couple months, limits can be lifted. Depends on the LCS (shrug)

>>is there a middle ground?<<

Yes. Limiting is a fluid artform..

I service readers AND collectors, equally.

I always try to be fair.

If, I'm deep in a hot book, I let collectors / speculators buy more.

The guys that burn my are the ones trying to buy EVERYTHING on the shelf.

Example: I have a 23 year old shop overflowing with product & all their interested in is my 43 copies of Peter Panzerfaust.

Hilarious,

>>is there a middle ground?<<

Yes. Limiting is a fluid artform..

I service readers AND collectors, equally.

I always try to be fair.

If, I'm deep in a hot book, I let collectors / speculators buy more.

The guys that burn my are the ones trying to buy EVERYTHING on the shelf.

Example: I have a 23 year old shop overflowing with product & all their interested in is my 43 copies of Peter Panzerfaust.

Hilarious,

You know Larry, I use to work in a video store during my senior year in high school. This was back in the day when most people didn't own a VCR and there was such a limited selection of titles. People would come in and rent films and it was all about quality.

I went into the Navy after graduation and when the by the time I had come home on leave, the whole landscape had changed. All anyone ever cared about was "What's new and what's hot ?" ...

Same mentality....It's about what's new and hot.

His top bid is around $6.29.

He can't bid $1.04 then $1.04 then $1.04 then $1.04.

He has to bid the next bid increment which I believe is 25c?

then he has to re - bid another 25c etc etc etc.

I get this quite a bit, cancel bids, block bidder, move on.

It's just a way to put other bidders off & try to win the item for $1.04.

Other potential bidders will see this & think he really wants it so must have put in really high bids toward the end.

If his bids were days apart and only a few of them it may be legit but his are lots of bids seconds apart.

Definitely trying to get this on the cheap

Do you have the link to the actual item?