• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

There's like 1 of those Helheim's on Ebay......and no listings of available at any of the regular stores....

What's the dealio? Why so coveted?

"oh man I just found this secret new title, I don't know If I should tell you about it because I am going to make so much money on it."

"what"

"its in last months previews"

"what"

"its going to be the next saga"

"what"

"its so good, I shouldnt tell you what it is"

It was that conversation about Helheim that made me decide its a stupid title.

Stupid title for flipping or stupid title for reading because I'm pretty sure it will be a good book knowing Cullen Bunn.

Flipping.

It reminds me of Great Pacific or the massive in the sense that there is a lot of hype.

But someone came into a store I work at and talked my ear off for like an hour about HelHeim. I don't think its going to be a good book for making money, but if you like Bunns work, I'm sure it's great.

I don't agree. I made a pretty penny selling 2 of these already.

Selling two of what? Helheim? It hasn't come out yet, so I would imagine people want to get a preview.

Great Pacific? Phantom variants don't count.

Sorry I was not specific, flipping 2 of the Helheim NYCC Sketch issues

If any Bunn title deserves more hype it's the sixth gun which has flown under the radar until 29 issues in. Seems like the more publicity a title gets before release the worse it does on the secondary market. Of course there are exceptions, but it seems a ton of Image #1 titles flop after people talk them up before release on these boards.

I propose we do this for a good cause- find a cool self published low print run comic that deserves it.

I Propose:

"Moderns that we should make blow up on eBay"

^^

Ah, manipulation at it's finest. I thought this has been going on already. :baiting:

;)

I propose we do this for a good cause- find a cool self published low print run comic that deserves it.

I Propose:

^^

Ah, manipulation at it's finest. I thought this has been going on already. :baiting:

;)

Funny... I was watching Jon Stewart last night and his guest - Helaine Olen - was talking about how a news/commentator can mention a stock (positive or negative) and it will go up almost immediately and then cool off two weeks later. She also talks about $ manipulation by 401k managers. Interesting hm

I wonder if comics do this.... hmlol

I Propose:

^^

;)

Funny... I was watching Jon Stewart last night and his guest - Helaine Olen - was talking about how a news/commentator can mention a stock (positive or negative) and it will go up almost immediately and then cool off two weeks later. She also talks about $ manipulation by 401k managers. Interesting hm

I wonder if comics do this.... hmlol

hm

If any Bunn title deserves more hype it's the sixth gun which has flown under the radar until 29 issues in. Seems like the more publicity a title gets before release the worse it does on the secondary market. Of course there are exceptions, but it seems a ton of Image #1 titles flop after people talk them up before release on these boards.

Bunn's a great writer and he's done some wonderful stuff for Marvel too!

Immortal_Weapons_002_000_zpse3c4c454.jpg

We are getting to close to a new forum...

Moderns that are GOING to heat up on eBay lol

I kid... :baiting:

Howabout Moderns that SHOULD be heating up on Ebay...

You might not know this because you only joined three months ago. But this thread use to be about modern books heating up on ebay.

Now it is in fact the moderns that should be heating up on ebay. Look at the past 200 pages. You'll come to the same conclusion.