• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Peter Panzerfaust #1

SOLD @ $192.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111017639098?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PETER PANZERFAUST #1 1ST PRINT CGC 9.8

SOLD @ $500.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300858987914?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust #1 1st print! NM

SOLD @ $220.01

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200899528724?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PETER PANZERFAUST #1 FIRST PRINT NM

SOLD @ $207.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330876425833?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PETER PANZERFAUST 1 2 3 4 SET

SOLD @ $312.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130853183365?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PETER PANZERFAUST 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, Mondo 1 All NM

SOLD @ $549.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321072730894?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PETER PANZERFAUST 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 + MG 14

SOLD @ $385.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390551979930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust #1 1ST Print CGC 9.8

SOLD @ $585.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181085053275?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust #1 NM near mint first print

SOLD @ $350.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290868782716?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust #1 VERY RARE Image 1st Print VF

SOLD @ $153.53

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380586421143?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust Issue One

SOLD @ $212.98

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251234595205?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

tumblr_m7xpvp6wtZ1qarcjno1_500.gif

Shill. Check the bidders.

You think people would notice these things before posting these links...

the book sold though, so whoever wanted it felt like 350 was an acceptable price

no, it didn't really sell. just because something sells for a a certain price doesn't make it real. chances of this book not being paid for is slim and it will be relisted.

price manipulation and shill bidding is a huge problem on ebay. though not as prevelant in comics. it has run rampant on other hobbies especially basketball cards.. for a while there were a small group of buyers who were driving costs of michael jordan cards through the roof in a attempt to manipulate the prices of their very high end collections and it worked, really well.

so don't think it can't and hasn't already possibly happened in the case of some comic books. just be careful and don't take the sell price of things as ebay as gospel, that is how price manipulation works. look at every auction you see objectively and study the bid history first, before you just buy in and assume that is the price of the book.

the book sold though, so whoever wanted it felt like 350 was an acceptable price

no, it didn't really sell. just because something sells for a a certain price doesn't make it real. chances of this book not being paid for is slim and it will be relisted.

price manipulation and shill bidding is a huge problem on ebay.

I've heard the arguments, but you can't ignore that there are probably a few folks out there that heard about the astounding PP gold-rush recently and had no prior Ebay history....that ended up listing for auction. That doesn't make it a shill, but it does make it appear to be so. Someone selling with 0 feedback doesn't set off alarm bells as much as people with 0 feedback or little feedback bidding like crazy. I've never sold a single thing on Ebay....ever......and I've been registered for years. My feedback has only come from purchases.

If I dropped some PPs up there, would I be getting slammed for shilling? Probably, and it would be a falsehhood.

I'm not saying there's no shenanigans on the bay, cause there surely are. Some of my first posts on the forum were about these issues: ie-price manipulation of the GPA via the bay, etc.

I believe it's ongoing, but then again there are literally hundreds of other auctions to view and see what the general consensus is. Those outlier sales are always suspect but not necessarily shills. I've been guilty myself of getting caught up in a bidding war for something I want, and have overpaid significantly...only to find the same item way cheaper later.

So this is really an insoluble situation. Shill or no shill, it will influence the sales the same ways legitimate sales do and vice versa. Sales are sales even if they're fakey sales.

price manipulation and shill bidding is a huge problem on ebay.

I've heard the arguments, but you can't ignore that there are probably a few folks out there that heard about the astounding PP gold-rush recently and had no prior Ebay history....that ended up listing for auction. That doesn't make it a shill, but it does make it appear to be so. Someone selling with 0 feedback doesn't set off alarm bells as much as people with 0 feedback or little feedback bidding like crazy. I've never sold a single thing on Ebay....ever......and I've been registered for years. My feedback has only come from purchases.

If I dropped some PPs up there, would I be getting slammed for shilling? Probably, and it would be a falsehhood.

I'm not saying there's no shenanigans on the bay, cause there surely are. Some of my first posts on the forum were about these issues: ie-price manipulation of the GPA via the bay, etc.

I believe it's ongoing, but then again there are literally hundreds of other auctions to view and see what the general consensus is. Those outlier sales are always suspect but not necessarily shills. I've been guilty myself of getting caught up in a bidding war for something I want, and have overpaid significantly...only to find the same item way cheaper later.

So this is really an insoluble situation. Shill or no shill, it will influence the sales the same ways legitimate sales do and vice versa. Sales are sales even if they're fakey sales.

i feel almost 110% confident calling that 350 ebay sale a shill fake sale, and it has nothing to do with the seller having 0 feedback. i have been involved in buying and selling on ebay for a long time. i am also a collector of basketball cards, particularly kobe bryant cards, so i am very aware and do my research on auctions to make sure it's just not someone trying to pump up the price of their comic, and to me this is clearly what looks to be going on here.

you are right though, even fake sales will move the market, which is exactly what people involved in shilling want you to buy in too, so they can make more money off of you and others, so your last sentence sums everything up and couldn't be a more jacked up way to look at things imo. because once you get price manipulating involved it's bad news for all collectors. people involved in this type of thing are nothing but scum and end up just ruining the hobby for others in the long run, not to mention it is illegal.

Edited by Mike-Honcho

you are right though, even fake sales will move the market, which is exactly what people involved in shilling want you to buy in too, so they can make more money off of you and others, so your last sentence sums everything up and couldn't be a more jacked up way to look at things imo. because once you get price manipulating involved it's bad news for all collectors. people involved in this type of thing are nothing but scum and end up just ruining the hobby for others in the long run, not to mention it is illegal.

The only thing that CAN be done is what we've been doing here: discussing openly what is suspicious and avoiding the pitfalls that develop as a result. It's unfortunately (or fortunately I guess for some folks) something that is a real issue that cannot easily be circumvented. You can always make a personal executive decision not to be taken in by such tactics, and that's why I value the insights that folks here have shared.

And..

GoJoe.jpg

price manipulation and shill bidding is a huge problem on ebay. though not as prevelant in comics. it has run rampant on other hobbies especially basketball cards.. for a while there were a small group of buyers who were driving costs of michael jordan cards through the roof in a attempt to manipulate the prices of their very high end collections and it worked, really well.

so don't think it can't and hasn't already possibly happened in the case of some comic books. just be careful and don't take the sell price of things as ebay as gospel, that is how price manipulation works. look at every auction you see objectively and study the bid history first, before you just buy in and assume that is the price of the book.

I asked the seller if the book was still available and he told me it was not. So why would he blow me off unless he actually sold the book?

Edited by darkstar

I asked the seller if the book was still available and he told me it was not. So why would he blow me off unless he actually sold the book?

i havent looked , so i dont know one way or the other.

But, the point of shilling, is to get a foolish real person to bid, so you sell it for far more than it would have got if actual buyers were bidding against each other. (or to create fake ebay completed sales for actual product, in this case the former seems likely)

Okay so here is a non Image book that looks to be selling steadily. Full sets seem to be the best sellers and with a new movie possibly in the works, these could get uber hot!!!

Evil Dead (Dark Horse) 1-4 Set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVIL-DEAD-1-2-3-4-NM-John-Bolton-Army-of-Darkness-2008-Zombie-Book-of-Dead-/400395121099?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5d3968b1cb

It did sell & the winner stacked bids.

He wanted it at $350, $355 & $360. Why wouldn't he pay for it?

It did sell & the winner stacked bids.

He wanted it at $350, $355 & $360. Why wouldn't he pay for it?

Maybe he has a copy to sell and can afford a non-paying strike? ;)

Could not get myself to buy a copy of that Lost Vegas

Guess my expectations for that series are very low

Just waited a tad bit too long to find a 9.8 raw copy of sixth gun it looks like - At least I got a 9.6 after press still

I went to a 60 vendor comic con today and did not see a single issue of The Sixth Gun.

I cleaned up with a few other things though. 4 copies Batgirl #13 die cut for cover, 3 copies DHP #11 Black Beetle for $3, Annihilation Conquest 1-6 and prologue for $7, random TWD numbers, and I started stocking up on Batman #7 after all the debating last week.