• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

Release day I don't touch. Didn't bother with Batman Inc death of Robin, but in my example NWM was up to third issue...so first print 1s languishing for two months.

Which is fine and if the LCS still has them at cover I would expect them to honour that and not change the price at the last minute because of what its selling on eBay.

Bane, this was my point though. I pull a book off the *new* shelf. They look at ebay and come back to me stating: "Oh sorry that's $8 not $2.99".

At that point I said I think I'll open another location around here and left.

They've already forced my hand to do 90% of buying in preorders anyways. And I never *pull* all the hot items, only 1-2 9.8 quality.

I hit Brownwood and Abilene yesterday and Kileen the day before.

Did not leave you much.....I was excited at Abilene because I saw some early Albedo #0,1, 3 and 4...alas no 2 but dang I am thinking maybe there was one at one time. Oh and Injustice is flaming!!!!

I belong To a few different boards , not comics, but the system may work here too.

There is a hidden section for paying board members. So for this board, if you are an actual member and pay your yearly dues to CGC them you would get access to the hidden section.

....,,but then again , what do I know.

Where's jimmy when we need him..

Anything heating up this week kids?

Pm only thread looks better every day.

Hastings will be wiped out by this weekend.

This is why I rarely do LCS's.

If they were upfront with policies (limit 1-2 on new releases, actually pricing book and not waiting for the shocker / eBay check at the register) I don't think I would complain.

I have been quoted "well, that's what they are bringing on eBay."

Guess what, that's where I'll be buying them. Understocking is a problem as well (they hold #1's and such behind the counter and sit on them). All these things do is force conversations like this, pre-orders, and drives business out the door.

:sorry:

I find it funny that shops would rather lose business than take a few minutes to put a price sticker or note about mark ups. If I know a $3 comic is going to be $10 then I wouldnt have a problem most of the time

Theres a shop around me that doesnt even give you a receipt and when they charge the items their display only shows the end total rather than each individual charge. Sometimes if they havent marked the item they wont tell you that you are being charged $20 for a comic. They will also charge double if you get duplicates of certain books and make no mention of it.

Edited by wushugushu

I find it funny that shops would rather lose business than take a few minutes to put a price sticker or note about mark ups. If I know a $3 comic is going to be $10 then I wouldnt have a problem most of the time

Theres a shop around me that doesnt even give you a receipt and when they charge the items their display only shows the end total rather than each individual charge. Sometimes if they havent marked the item they wont tell you that you are being charged $20 for a comic. They will also charge double if you get duplicates of certain books and make no mention of it.

ILLEGAL!

My LCS shops are turning evil only within the last few months....

They're starting to strictly enforce a maximum of 1 comic per issue and it's all on the heels of heavy speculation. These are the same guys that say they don't have something only to end up listing it on the bay within a few hours of said inquiry.

I know for a fact they're clued into the boards (not only this one) and they've actively tried to solicit info. from me.

I don't go in talking a big game either, I just grab and walk with no discussions. They've put 2 and 2 together with other speculators coming in for sure....and now they're starting to put the clamps down on anything hot.

They used to be cool, now I gotta find a new place to shop.

Any time you folks wanna get a PM together I'm down. It's becoming next to impossible to keep a lock on info. with the speculators competing directly with the LCS.

Peter Panzerfaust....try to find an issue on release day...

Helheim....poof...gone like a f*ckin puff of smoke

Nowhere men.....nowhere to be found....

Robin's dead? You'd never know the way these aholes pull it off the shelf and hoard it.

I'm sorry, but if you have a comic store....and you're in the business of selling comics....put them on your racks and sell them. Don't and moan that other industrious folks are following the trends and taking advantage of the secondary market. Just MHO. Hell, it's not even cool to grab stuff on release day and mark it the F up like 3x coverprice......how about they order more and sell them for what they should sell for on day 1?

I'm sure if you guys had pull lists at these stores they would jump through hoops for you.

Now stfu and start talking about modern comics heating up and not about the sorrows of a flipper.

There's the Jimmy I was looking for.

:applause:

I hit Brownwood and Abilene yesterday and Kileen the day before.

Did not leave you much.....I was excited at Abilene because I saw some early Albedo #0,1, 3 and 4...alas no 2 but dang I am thinking maybe there was one at one time. Oh and Injustice is flaming!!!!

You went to Brownwood too?

I'm sure if you guys had pull lists at these stores they would jump through hoops for you.

Now stfu and start talking about modern comics heating up and not about the sorrows of a flipper.

There's the Jimmy I was looking for.

:applause:

Sing it brother!!!!