• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

I have international turned off. I don't even bother.

How do you do that b/c I don't mind shipping internation with boardies, but have emails from people all over asking if I do international when I indicate I do not in sales. Once again, for boardies, cool. But it's a lot of trouble and cost for everyone.

I can't help you there. They look on the US site if you don't offer international shipping. I get people buying stuff sometimes from places I don't ship and have to cancel or way overcharge them shipping if they say they don't care.

Why do you have to OVERcharge? That sounds quite dishonest.

I clearly state in my auctions that if you bid from outside the region to contact me first. And if they don't I ask them if they really want it because I only ship less than 1% of my orders international so I don't know the costs. I charged $15 to ship to Singapore for one book and it was $17. But I charged $20 to ship to Bali and it was only $9. So normally it winds up being way overcharged. They can leave me stars for shipping costs, but I have all 5 stars and I'm a power seller.

Of course, you could always refund them the overcharge. I'm a power seller too if that's really relevant (it isn't though is it?).

So eBay heating up?

178 CGC 9.8 copies I saw in a previous post of Spawn #9. I'm guessing it is better to sell now for $30-40 instead of wait for the appearance?

Edited by tommyVoltage

And they could always read the auction where it states that. But you're always right Whizzer. I forgot.

I'm just trying to clarify what YOU said. I get that if you have stated that you don't ship to international destinations people are wrong to bid. I just don't understand why you feel it is appropriate to 'way overcharge' them. When you've been here a little longer you will begin to see that reputation and ethics are valued highly. I find your policy of knowingly overcharging to be questionable.

But by all means continue in your passive aggressive responses. (thumbs u

We should all avoid people who have ebay stores located in Canada.

We should all only ship to the country we live in.

We should continue this conversation in this thread because it is the right place for this discussion.

insert face palm emoticon and say SMH even though I'm not Kat Stacks but I can feel like her by saying SMH SMH SMH

And they could always read the auction where it states that. But you're always right Whizzer. I forgot.

Speaking of Whizzar always being right,

What am I doing with these Marvel Age 25s?

I have a suggestion for you... :devil:

hm

hm

I would buy them but i don't buy from Canada, Quebec specifically but i have no idea what province you live in.

hm

I would buy them but i don't buy from Canada, Quebec specifically but i have no idea what province you live in.

Thank goodness, one less person we have to ship too. :makepoint:

say what you will but Rocket Raccoon is the mess and it's not that easy to find early appearances in high grade where I live:

Contest of Champions 3 Newsstand

Quasar 15 Newsstand ( Mignola Cover )

Incredible Hulk 272 Newsstand

etc....

hm

Thank goodness, one less person we have to ship too. :makepoint: [/quote

Ah a Tigers Fan. That's a bummer......Although I hear you can buy a downtown condo in that city for 20 bucks and a box of Spawn #9s.

Ya new 52 batman and detective hold a good value.

I can understand Batman but I just don't get why Detective Comics are prized? Other than Layman's unbelievable silent issue I just can't get behind a character like Emperor Penguin.