• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

This thread lost any meaning several months ago.

Information is no longer shared here by several long time posters and rightly so.

Eventually the problems will go away we just have to ride it out.

There needs to be a 'Moderns that are heating up on ebay! - No Discussion' thread. Links there, butthurt here.

Just do what I do and use the ignore user function, it's great.

Batman Adventures 12 continues to sell at higher prices. Yes I know the book is 20 years old and not exactly readily available, but it can be found for cheap in back issue stock both online and in your lcs.

In what world?!? It has been YEARS since I found one anywhere that would be considered moderately cheap .

Wish the shops around here had better back issue stock. Everything is either from the last 5 years or so, early 90's, and maybe a BIT of 80's (and a tad of 70's).

And forget any key back issues from earlier than 2000.

Any reason why Justice League Dark stuff isn't heating up? It seems that a movie is definite.

because the movie is based on Alan Moore's Swamp Thing's American Gothic run.

Which btw has not heated up at all - even though I have OA from the run. :(

Bit off-topic, but since you mentioned Moore:

Why is Watchmen #1 (or any for that matter), not worth much (have never seen HEAT on this)???

Does it have a huge print run???

Since it's been collected and printed so many times as a book???

???

Always wondered this.

Any reason why Justice League Dark stuff isn't heating up? It seems that a movie is definite.

Why is Watchmen #1 (or any for that matter), not worth much (have never seen HEAT on this)???

???

Always wondered this.

Watchmen #1 had tons of heat leading up to the Watchmen movie, but has been on a slow decline since then due to:

a) it was a movie

b) the census got flooded with copies

You can still get $200 for a #1 in CGC 9.8 on a good day, so it's not like it's a dead book or anything - there just isn't enough demand to drive the price up further.

The problem I see with most of you vindictive lunatics is that you simply cannot take what you give.
The problem as I see it is that on each other has become the new norm for the modern boards. I remember back in the good old days (last year) when boardies generally got along and it was frowned upon to on each other within a thread. Now, in order to get a kernal of information in any thread, we have to wade through pages of matches, defensiveness and hurt feelings. Grow up, someone mocked your on a message board, get over it. :preach:

Exactly.

No clue who anyone is here in real life, don't really care. They don't know me either.

No big deal if someone you don't know says something about you.

So let me get this straight...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

He offered his opinion on a LCS. Big deal?

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

That wasn't the argument. The beef was apparently that someone said a shop was "awful". Who cares?

There's this carpet shop in the UK called Carpet Right. AWFUL. I got my living room carpet from them and I reckon a monkey could have fitted it better. Loads of wrinkles up by the bay window. Is everyone offended yet? Google for their details so you can let them know what I think of their shop because they'll really care. And posting your opinion of a shop is slander*.

*Obviously it isn't and not just cos slander involves the spoken word, not written. :facepalm:

But this isn't a carpet forum. This is a comic book forum where professional comic book dealers are sometimes bad mouthed by other posters. Sometimes the criticism is fair and well argued, often it is ignorant, unfounded and malicious, and therefore unfairly damaging to someone's professional reputation. If you don't see the distinction then maybe you Are just another noob.

One would hope that whoever takes advice from whatever Joe Shmoe who posts on a board tries to take a consesus of what people say, looks at the source of the info, does other research, etc, before making a concrete opinion on something/someplace/someone.

I should have quoted when I was referring to it. It was an eBay link for Uber heating up. And I said I wouldn't buy from their eBay store because of how they handle their comics. I provided more details later and a few members said the store is a mess (when you move boxes you are afraid of some animal running out) later on in the thread.

But a few days old.

And my NM+ GotG #24 and #25 still haven't sold. I have them priced around $50 for the pair though.

No no, I was talking about someone who read your opinion of the store (or any other opinions). I would hope that they wouldn't just read something, then go "O, this guy said it, therefore I'm not going to try out the store".

???

Always wondered this.

Watchmen #1 had tons of heat leading up to the Watchmen movie, but has been on a slow decline since then due to:

a) it was a movie

You can still get $200 for a #1 in CGC 9.8 on a good day, so it's not like it's a dead book or anything - there just isn't enough demand to drive the price up further.

a) :o A bad movie??? Really???

I thought it was one of the best comic movies. Deffinetly the MOST faithful to the source material. No stupid changes for no apparent reason (costumes, character back-story, let's show the actors face for the whole film just because, etc etc).

b) I guess I'm surprised that the overall plateau price (i.e. the stabilized, regular average price) isn't higher for any of the issues, since it's arguably THE graphic novel/comic/most popular/most critically aclaimed, etc etc. Seem to see them at comic shows all the time for a very reasonable price.

Edited by Dukes40

???

Always wondered this.

Maybe because it's not the Watchmen's first appearance...

998434-dc1_super_zpsb1f8e85c.jpeg

???

Always wondered this.

a) it was a movie

You are nuts dude! The Watchmen is one of the best comic adaptations ever put to film.

I thought the Watchmen movie was great too, it's problem was that the general public didn't "get it."

People always person_without_enough_empathy about the altered ending but I actually prefer the film's ending to the comic, I think there's was a DVD release ( stop motion comic? ) for the Black Freighter but I have never seen it.

???

Always wondered this.

a) it was a movie

You are nuts dude! The Watchmen is one of the best comic adaptations ever put to film.

I liked the movie too - but it failed with the general public which severely impacted the price :shrug:

So I know I'm way out of line, but here is a modern that may be heating up. IDK what the original $ was on this but it looks like a prestige format, so may $4.99 for that time period. Maybe this book has been hot for awhile.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-The-Doom-That-Came-To-Gotham-2-Mike-Mignola-HTF-/160996366321?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257c2197f1

Edited by gradejunky