• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

$35 for a comic that's only on issue #4 isn't exactly 'killed'.

Poor choice of word, I agree. I have noticed a dip in the prices on eBay for issues 1-3.

I figured some of market dip is due to people having just paid property tax and yearly taxes. Other went big on East of West pre orders.

Maybe when refunds roll in the spending will increase.

I think we need another thread for the hopes of heating up on eBay.

Like tomorrow Dark Horse releases a mini based on an upcoming video game. Regular Show had its FOC yesterday. RZA has his own comic coming out when he optioned Happy late last year. Busy 2013.

You can make $70 by just pressing the book and getting it slabbed.

Nowhere Men #1 is alive and well.

until next week when I get my slabs back.

lol my 5 year old daughter just saw your gif and said "wow John Cena is even on here collecting comics"

Like tomorrow Dark Horse releases a mini based on an upcoming video game. Regular Show had its FOC yesterday. RZA has his own comic coming out when he optioned Happy late last year. Busy 2013.

I know this is "supposed" to be a thread about moderns that are heating up on ebay but hey im going to speculate here and say that Dark Horse Comic based on the video game: The Last of Us, is going to be hot. The story is the prequel to the game and the game is awesome.

Yes. Those are good picks however, there has never been, and believe you me I own all of them, an increase in value on a book written by a rapper.

I still have a long box full of Public Enemy comics from five years ago.

I'm still a big fan of flavor of love though so - no regrets.

Yes. Those are good picks however, there has never been, and believe you me I own all of them, an increase in value on a book written by a rapper.

Hah yeah. I didn't go big on it at all because it is also such a small publisher. I just through two copies couldn't hurt because he's in the directing game now even though Iron Fist was eh.

Hah yeah. I didn't go big on it at all because it is also such a small publisher. I just through two copies couldn't hurt because he's in the directing game now even though Iron Fist was eh.

I just noticed that Twelve Reasons to Die has art from Nate Powell and is also written by Ghost Face Killah.

everything I have ever said.

I am ordering 100 copies of this book,

Ghostface+RZA+sweettooth guest artist = win

I just noticed that Twelve Reasons to Die has art from Nate Powell and is also written by Ghost Face Killah.

everything I have ever said.

I am ordering 100 copies of this book,

Ghostface+RZA+sweettooth guest artist = win

Do you have this?

ghostdogcover_zps592997e3.jpg

So I know I'm way out of line, but here is a modern that may be heating up. IDK what the original $ was on this but it looks like a prestige format, so may $4.99 for that time period. Maybe this book has been hot for awhile.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-The-Doom-That-Came-To-Gotham-2-Mike-Mignola-HTF-/160996366321?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257c2197f1

That book has always had interest.

I sold my original owner set a couple of years ago for decent money. If you find them cheap in a box somewhere, buy it. They always sell well on ebay.

So let me get this straight...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

Remember, Larry is going to be around much much longer then many of you.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

But what do I know...

:applause:

Googled this guy. TOTALLY not what I pictured Larry looking like.

Is this the same Larry who made those racist comments a few years ago?

lol my 5 year old daughter just saw your gif and said "wow John Cena is even on here collecting comics"

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-1-CGC-9-6-VARIANT-COVER-/181113853749?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a2b3a1735#ht_238wt_885

1) ??? Umm...the variant....???

2) ??? Umm....da comic man tolded me that diamond wanteded their comic books back...???

.....What?

Is this guy for real???

he listed it as a variant because CGC labeled it as a variant. Look at the label in the pics.

Weird. So CGC messed up then? That is the normal cover, isn't it???

Good catch. (thumbs u

I think Uber is what I wanted Crossed to be when they launched the Bad Lands on going.

Badlands has been pretty good. Some arcs more than others.

Still don't know how they're allowed to publish it.

Or how that was allowed in Canada, but they stopped allowing Black Kiss 2.

Since Avatar stuff usually doesn't sell for high prices, or get hot, why's Über getting attention???

I pre- ordered on the strength of the solicits, but thought twice about getting multiples.