• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

meh bought 2 why not.

I posted the Declassified cover earlier, then took a nice long sh+t while reading Superman: Red Son again. I came back to my PC and went to my favorite online retailer to buy some and they were all gone. Before my movement one guy had 8 in NM for 1.00 each. Oh well.

meh bought 2 why not.

I posted the Declassified cover earlier, then took a nice long sh+t while reading Superman: Red Son again. I came back to my PC and went to my favorite online retailer to buy some and they were all gone. Before my movement one guy had 8 in NM for 1.00 each. Oh well.

TMI

meh bought 2 why not.

TMI

Yea sorry I usually don't tell people I read any Superman.

Is Sunday night the preferred time to end an auction? I have done Fri/Sat/Sun afternoon/evenings and have seen little difference.

I almost always do BIN listings. About 50% of them are bought on Sunday and the other 50% are bought Mon- Sat.

meh bought 2 why not.

Hahahaha. "My Movement".

meh bought 2 why not.

Hahahaha. "My Movement".

Red Son, easily one of my favorite reads ever!

Little disappointed went into the LCS, they had the Star Wars #1 sketch $150? A little to far over my budget

That's what I love about one of my stores. For variants, they won't hold them for anyone (i.e. first come, first serve) BUT, they don't gouge. He'll add like a buck or something for every 10 extra issues he has to buy, or something like that. He just wants to make sure he's not losing any money, and maybe get a little bit extra.

Variants range anywhere from $4-$12, depending on ratio. 1:10, 1:20 or 1:25 go for about $6-$7 at their highest. 1:50 and 1:100 go for about $12, sometimes $15.

I was charged $50 for the Star Wars Sketch, and that's one of the highest prices I've seen in a while.

When they charged more a couple years ago, they just ended up in the back issue box ($25 for a 1:25, $12 on a 1:10, when they'd have like 4 or 5 copies).

There's another store that is ridiculous. He'll have like 1:15 at $15-$20, and they'll sit for years. Any high ratios, and ComiCon exclusives, they hit $50-$100 or more always. (this is also the place where I'm CERTAIN he holds back Image #1's, hot books (EVEN when you ask if he has any) on release day, then "walls" them the next week, and jacks the price to $15-$30 or more.

Edited by Dukes40

Little disappointed went into the LCS, they had the Star Wars #1 sketch $150? A little to far over my budget

That's what I love about one of my stores. For variants, they won't hold them for anyone (i.e. first come, first serve) BUT, they don't gouge. He'll add like a buck or something for every 10 extra issues he has to buy, or something like that. He just wants to make sure he's not losing any money, and maybe get a little bit extra.

Variants range anywhere from $4-$12, depending on ratio. 1:10, 1:20 or 1:25 go for about $6-$7 at their highest. 1:50 and 1:100 go for about $12, sometimes $15.

I was charged $50 for the Star Wars Sketch, and that's one of the highest prices I've seen in a while.

When they charged more a couple years ago, they just ended up in the back issue box ($25 for a 1:25, $12 on a 1:10, when they'd have like 4 or 5 copies).

There's another store that is ridiculous. He'll have like 1:15 at $15-$20, and they'll sit for years. Any high ratios, and ComiCon exclusives, they hit $50-$100 or more always. (this is also the place where I'm CERTAIN he holds back Image #1's, hot books (EVEN when you ask if he has any) on release day, then "walls" them the next week, and jacks the price to $15-$30 or more.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind when they jack up the prices, they have to make a living too I understand that. Sounds like you have a sweet gig though there. But here is my problem with it, the Star Wars sketch variant was hitting say 150, they said they checked eBay. I'm fine with that, but if it drops to 100-130 well don't charge me 150. I'll just go buy it on eBay then, and give my money to some John Doe with a eBay account. If you are going to inflate your prices because a hot title is doing well on the secondary market, well deflate it when it's going back down.

Just my two cents