• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Holy . I priced this thing so high thinking no one would even sniff it...

Spawn 9 newsstand

In fairness, they haven't paid yet. And if the last month is any indication, most folks don't like to pay for stuff they agree to buy on ebay anymore.

:hi: buddy...

That's a crazy number on a "newstand copy"

I prefer to not have the UPC on the front cover myself.

Hey Ryan!

Yeah. My plan is to buy a nice raw direct copy. If the buyer ever pays...

Was that a BIN? I thought BIN have to pay automatically now.

Not sure if this is work safe but apparently the fans are eating up Joan of Arc covers with ... um... provocative artwork. Joan of Arc : from the ashes #4 exclusive @ $34 & 21 bids.

I would even mention it except that there are three to four more various covers polluting the Lyria website when search Modern Ages 'Comics To Watch' :P

I'm always surprised when you're surprised about adult comics appear on your search engine. Sex has always been a seller. Ask Phantom Lady.

Are any of these titles hot?

Irredeemable Ant Man

Annihilation (complete, new gotg)

Nova 1-36 (complete)

Infinity Gauntlet complete

Haunt 1-16

I am just curious as to if these are desirable right now.

I stopped counting at 20 but I have more than 20 copies of spawn 9.

Monies be happening

I don't get this. Copies aren't selling for that much on ebay. I sold mine for 99 cents.

That's the bling, son! That's Fo'ty-niin Cent mo' dan Fiddy Cent.

Edited by 400yrs

Are any of these titles hot?

Irredeemable Ant Man

Annihilation (complete, new gotg)

Nova 1-36 (complete)

Infinity Gauntlet complete

Haunt 1-16

I am just curious as to if these are desirable right now.

Infinity Gauntlet and Annihilation Conquest 6 are hot, but Haunt is in the toilet. I had a #1 raw signed by Kirkman a while back that barely sold for cover price.

Spawn 9 newsstand

In fairness, they haven't paid yet. And if the last month is any indication, most folks don't like to pay for stuff they agree to buy on ebay anymore.

+1 on no1 pays anymore

I thought I read somewhere that Ebay is in the process of changing that. In essence the auction isn't complete until payment is issued. I don't remember WHERE I read that, but it may be here in another thread or on Ebay itself. Regardless, I took that as a good sign of great things to come simply because it would give people incentive to pay fast....if they don't....someone else may scoop it up. How that's going to logistically work I'm unsure. Did anyone else read something like that or am I having an acid flashback?

Spawn 9 newsstand

+1 on no1 pays anymore

I thought I read somewhere that Ebay is in the process of changing that. In essence the auction isn't complete until payment is issued. I don't remember WHERE I read that, but it may be here in another thread or on Ebay itself. Regardless, I took that as a good sign of great things to come simply because it would give people incentive to pay fast....if they don't....someone else may scoop it up. How that's going to logistically work I'm unsure. Did anyone else read something like that or am I having an acid flashback?

There was a recent email regarding seller's protection or something like that.

I haven't dropped any PP 1 sales info lately as I haven't really been keeping an eye on them...

That said, I did take a gander at a recent raw sale....holy mackerel the raws are still hot:

Peter Panzerfaust #1: SOLD @ $430.54

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140940213627?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Spawn 9 newsstand

+1 on no1 pays anymore

No offense to the buyer if they are a boardie, but that is a ridiculous price to pay compared to what 9.8s have been selling for.

Don't even know what the slabs are selling for right now.....clue me in.

Links please. :)

I haven't dropped any PP 1 sales info lately as I haven't really been keeping an eye on them...

That said, I did take a gander at a recent raw sale....holy mackerel the raws are still hot:

Peter Panzerfaust #1: SOLD @ $430.54

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140940213627?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's sales like this that make me question whether or not buyers are actually paying those types of prices, or just having fun in a bidding war.